37. Academy and library
11.2k 35 415
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week has gone by since Tomoka left the hospital. During this week she had been thoroughly “punished” by her mother. Day after day she was used as a dress up doll and spoiled rotten. One would think the second part is not a punishment but…

 

“It’s because Tomoka is always serious. I never got to spoil my cute daughter!” That's what Himiko said while hugging Tomoka as if she was a teddy bear. These treatments would have continued if not for an important event. Today is Tomoka’s first day at the academy.

 

All kids aspiring to be shinobi enter the academy at the age of four. This is because four years old is the best age to start learning about and using chakra. Younger than that and the kid might harm themselves with their chakra. Older and their growth will be stunted. 

 

However, don’t be confused. In the first years of the academy they learn at most how to feel their chakra by opening their meridians. Other than that are normal classes like history, mathematics and such. That is how we come to the current situation. 

 

‘Kurama, please kill me. I can’t take this anymore’

 

[You are exaggerating. It’s not that bad]

 

‘You don’t understand! This is boring as all hell! I can solve whole matrixes for quantum superposition needed to open a hole in the fabric of reality! I don’t need to learn addition, subtraction, multiplication and division! I ALREADY KNOW THOSE DAMNIT!’ 

 

[Yhea, and look where that matrix thingy got you.]

 

‘Point taken but still! not to mention that being here is pretty cool.’ 

 

That’s right, Tomoka is currently in math class trying her best to not doze off… or display her advanced mind. Matters became worse when she looked around the room before sighing. Nozomi wasn’t here, Hinata wasn’t here either. Nozomi unfortunately landed in a different class room. As for Hinata, she is homeschooled since she is the clan heiress. 

 

‘Now that I think about it, I already met Hinata and we became good friends. Might as well try and meet the others’ 

 

[Sounds interesting. If you meet Naruto we could talk with my yang self, see how he is doing]  

 

‘I just hope he isn’t as dumb as I expect him to be.’

 

Like that the rest of the school day went by. No class was worth Tomoka’s time, Afterall, she was well versed in pretty much all subjects taught except for history. Which, in Tomoka’s words was “A whole bunch of bullshit about the will of fire and cocksucking of Hashirama” 

 

“Freedome!” Tomoka screamed at the top of her lungs as she left the academy. Not wanting to waste anymore time she dashed towards the library, a new fire had been lit in her heart. During the last week she had spent the little free time she had in building her own version of the shadow clone jutsu. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out. 

 

The shadow clone, unlike her original jutsus, is complex. As a matter of fact, her original jutsus are very flawed. Without the proper knowledge about tenketsu points and natural chakra flow in the body she could do nothing more than try things and see what sticks. 

 

Now she was planning on learning all of that in Konoha’s public library. She had told her mother about her plans this morning so she didn’t expect much trouble with that. Well, she did leave a note saying that…  

 

After a few minutes of walking she finally reached her destination. Walking inside she approached the receptionist wanting to ask about the rules and such. After all, she couldn't expect the same rules as back on earth. Fortunately, that was an unneeded worry as the rules were about the same. 

 

No taking books out of the library, you break it, you pay it, no making noise, the works. Of course it hadn’t been as simple as that. For starters, the receptionist thought she was a lost child and it took a while for Tomoka to reassure her that that was not the case. However, as soon as she managed, someone Tomoka knew well entered the library. 

 

“To-mo-ka~chan. Leaving a note hidden under the desk won’t do” Tomoka froze, she didn’t expect her mother to find the note actually. Cold sweat fell from the child’s back as the angry mother walked towards her. 

 

“I-I can explain” Stuttering out of nervousness, Tomoka unconsciously took a step back. 

 

“If you wanted to come to the library you could have told me” The dangerous aura of Himiko disappeared in an instant as she pouted while pulling on Tomoka’s cheeks. 

 

“I geth ith, leth go” It took a full minute for Himiko to let go of Tomoka’s cheeks. She couldn’t help it, Her daughter’s cheeks are so soft and cute she can’t help but want to pinch them more. 

 

‘Really, she acts more like a child than me’ 

 

[I think it's endearing]  

415