69. Plans for the future
9k 55 368
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Nozomi reported to the Hokage, Tomoka sat on a nearby roof thinking about the future. She had a few clones in henge observing the office through the windows from afar. However, she was sure that nothing would happen. Instead she was thinking about the events that would take place in five to six years.

 

By then the teams made from her class would take the chunin exams and the snake man would attack. The question is, should she do something about it? She wondered how much her presence had changed the future and how much more could she influence it.

 

Did she even want to change anything at all? Some time ago she wondered if it was worth it to save the third but now she doesn't feel like it. Because of that old man’s idiocy and trust in the eye thief, Nozomi almost lost her life. 

 

‘I guess I could give him an anonymous heads up’ 

 

[So will you tell him about Orochimaru’s attack?] 

 

‘Kind of, I will write it in a cryptid and mysterious way’

 

Like that she got to work and wrote her message on a piece of paper. Within she wrote: When the new blood ascends the snake will bite the leaf using the sands. By the end of it the shadow of fire will die taking with it the arms of the snake.    

 

Satisfied with her little message she had one of her clones that had a puppet deliver it. With that done she began wondering what to do with the souvenirs she had stolen during the massacre.

 

In a cave some ways away from konoha, multiple jars with floating eyes rested on the hard and cold stone floor. Thanks to her preparations Tomoka had managed to make a total of three puppets that her clones could control. 

 

She had wanted to make more puppets but the materials needed aren’t just costy but also restricted. Transactions involving chakra metal are heavily guarded by the authorities. She had to pull the strings in the underworld and pay three times its usual cost to acquire what she did. 

 

Tomoka hadn’t minded the costs since to put it simply she was loaded. The problem was the amount in stock. She had tried to get more but her connections in the underworld had run out. Especially when her order had come out of the blue. The only silver lining is that by next month she should get enough to make another ten puppets.      

 

All of that didn’t matter now. Her primary and secondary missions had been a success. She had managed to save Nozomi and steal a bunch of sharingans from those killed. Tomoka felt giddy thinking about Danzo’s sour face when he got less eyes than what he expected. 

 

As for what she was going to do with the eyes she had stolen? Well they could be a nice gift for a certain snake she wanted to learn from. After all, Orochimaru is a genius in his field. Learning from him could net her some very nice improvements to the technology she was going to develop. Learning from Tsunade was also an option but she didn’t feel like it.  

 

She could also keep some eyes for herself and see what she could learn. Now that she knew that a certain lizard had somewhat fused with her she wanted to know what she could get from it. With the over twenty pairs of eyes she had stolen, wasting a few was no problem. 

 

‘If whatever I do ends of working and I somehow get a sharingan I wonder if I could do the same with a byakugan’ 

 

[You know, I sometimes wonder if you really are a human. Not that I care, you can eat the eyes for all I care.]

 

‘Actually, maybe eating one might do something. Might as well try later’

 

[Okay… sure… By the way, do you remember that promise you made me? When are you going to get started on that]

 

‘Right, making a body for you… well I will need to learn a few things from Orochimaru if I want to do it. Back in my world cloning was a thing so I believe I could do something similar here. Anyway, it will take at the bare minimum six years, maybe eight’ 

 

[Sure, just don’t forget. As nice as this place is, it gets boring sometimes]

 

368