75. Mind, body and soul
9.2k 24 352
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘listen well cause this will be a massive info dump I will be doing on you Kurama’ 

 

[I’m listening]

 

‘Alright, so let's start with the edo tensei and why this thing is a wonderful jutsu. How the edo tensei works is by summoning the soul of the deceased by using a part of their genetic material. Through this alone we can infer that the soul has some connection to the genetic material of the person. Now, why this is so important is due to the fact that in my previous world cloning was a thing and it didn’t work all that well. 

 

The clones would always develop different personalities even when implanted with the memories of the original. In other words, a third factor is interfering with the cloning of a person. This third factor I believe is the soul! 

 

Body, mind and soul. These are the ingredients for a sapient being. In this world, through the edo tensei mind and soul can be brought back but the body is simply stolen or borrowed. In my world, Mind and body could be created but the missing soul would lead to trouble. Now with my knowledge and the knowledge provided by this jutsu I can create a body and implant the appropriate mind and soul! Of course this is just a theory for now but I believe my conjectures to be right. 

 

This also leads me to think about other questions like: Why is Orochimaru’s Furo Fushi no jutsu or living corpse reincarnation has a time limit? My belief is that since the body he inhabits is not the same or rather doesn’t have the same gene code as his soul it rejects his soul. 

 

Then that begs the question: why am I fine? After all, I was reincarnated into a body that has no genetic connection to my previous self. There are quite a few possible answers for that. However, the most likely ones are: that either Oditomnia had something to do with it or since I was reincarnated in my mothers womb my body and soul somehow reconciled the difference while I was developing in there.

 

I mean, if the soul somehow influences the body and forces a change on it then it would be easier to change a single cell or a small clump of cells than a whole body with its millions of cells. However, considering the fact that I don’t look exactly like my past life and I am still fine then that means that somehow the body also affects the soul. In other words, my current body’s gene code is also my soul’s gene code’

 

[All right, all of that is interesting but it's all just conjectures and hypotheses right?]

 

‘Well yes, but if I am right I will be able to bring people back from the dead, not to mention I will have a very nice bargaining chip with Orochimaru’ 

 

[Right… Why is it that you want to deal with that guy again? From what you have told me he seems like the kind of guy to backstab and trick anybody and everybody he can for his goals]

 

‘Because, as despicable as he is, he is a genius in his field. Not to mention that Kabuto, also a genius in his field, works for him. It's a buy one get one free deal and I love those.’

 

The two continued to converse for a while longer until Tomoka realized she had another three jutsus to read from the scroll. Not wanting to waste anymore time she got back to work. The next jutsu she found was a rather nasty one. Once again, like the multi-shadow clone jutsu, the reason behind it becoming forbidden is its harm to the user.

 

‘Chakra corrosión technic’ 

 

From the name Tomoka could already imagine what the jutsu would do and she wasn’t disappointed. Simply put the jutsu would turn the ninja’s chakra into a corrosive state that would eat through their bodies. The so-called benefit of this chakra was its ability to ignore elemental disadvantage and infect others.  

 

A fire jutsu made with this corrosive chakra would be able to corrode and use a water jutsu’s chakra to fuel itself, same for other elements. The problem lies with the fact that whoever uses this technique would die a nasty and painful death around an hour or so after use. 

 

‘Very nasty indeed… I kinda want to try it’

 

[No, or at least not right now.]

 

‘Of course not now, I still need to be healthy to see Mizuki getting his ass handed to him’    

 

 

 

352