165. Eye drops
3.4k 13 130
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took a while for Hinata to calm down. Now that she had let go she realized that in the back of her mind she always knew. Out of fear of being truly alone she had clung to her clan since she didn’t know about much else. Then again, Tomoka and Nozomi had always been by her side. 

 

“Are you feeling better?” Tomoka asked with a bit of worry. She didn’t mind her tear stained shirt in the slightest. The slight discomfort was a tiny price to pay for her. 

 

“Yeah, I feel great actually. Like a huge weight just lifted off my shoulders.” She hadn’t realized how much it weighed her mind down. Her constant anxiety and shyness around others had been a by-product of the strain her mind had been under. Now that she let go she felt confident like never before.  

 

“I’m glad to hear that. We both know how hard it must have been for you” This time it was Nozomi the one consoling Hinata. The Uchiha girl had somewhat known about Hinata’s state of mind. Unlike Tomoka who was pretty much new to feelings in general Nozomi could tell. However, she didn’t know exactly what was wrong and much less how to help. 

 

“So what is the plan?” Not wanting to continue talking about her little breakdown Hinata decided to change the subject back to the original point. 

 

“Right, so are you coming or…” As Tomoka said she saw the two girls giving her an incredulous look. 

 

“Right, dumb question, of course you two are coming. That makes things a bit easier actually.” Tomoka felt a bit embarrassed but she hid it well, or at least she thinks she did.

 

“How so?” Deciding to hold off on teasing Tomoka, Nozomi asked. After all, if their conversation derails again, who knows when they will be finished. Pointing at each girl, Tomoka answered. 

 

“Byakugan and sharingan. With Hinata’s byakugan we will be able to find Gaara easily. With the sharingan we will be able to put him and shukaku in a genjutsu avoiding confrontation and the ensued attention it would gather.” Both girls nodded understanding what Tomoka was getting at. 

 

“You still can’t use your kinagan?” Hinata asked since she knew Tomoka’s kinagan gave her a similar ability to the byakugan. 

 

“No, though I am working on it” Once again Tomoka felt a bit embarrassed about it. She had told Hinata and Nozomi about her integrating the byakugan into her eyes and how it went. 

 

“The plan sounds good but what about Mangekyou's downside? You were the one that told me not to use it unless absolutely necessary.” To tell the truth Nozomi didn’t care about having her eyesight worsen a bit. She knew Tomoka would fix it in the future. However she was curious why the girl had changed her mind. 

 

“About that, here” Saying that Tomoka pulled a small container from a scroll. 

 

“And this is?” Nozomi looked at the small bottle and couldn’t help but notice that it looked like eye drops. 

 

“Eye drops, especially developed for your usage. Apply five minutes before using the mangekyou and it will prevent permanent damage for around two hours. You will still get blurry vision for around five hours after usage though.” Hearing Tomoka’s explanation Nozomi nodded and pocketed the eye drops. With them she would finally be able to train her mangekyou a bit. 

 

“An Uchiha using eye drops, if I were to tell anyone from the Hyuga clan they would die with laughter.” Hinata said with a mocking tone and grin on her face. However it didn’t escape Tomoka’s and Nozomi’s notice that she said Hyuga clan instead of my clan meaning she was already distancing herself from them. 

 

“Ha ha, laugh all you want, I don’t want to go blind” Nozomi said grumbling while playing along. After the three laughed for a bit Hinata turned to Tomoka and asked. 

 

“So, when are we leaving?” 

 

“Tomorrow morning should be good. I will leave some of my phantoms to take our place. No one should notice since Yamato gave us a week of rest.” After that the three girls continued talking for a while until each went their separate ways. 

For those wondering, the eye drops Tomoka gave Nozomi only work for Nozomi since they were made using her DNA to synthesize a special enzyme. 

Whoever Tomoka fights this round will ofcourse be eliminated for the actual tournament.

I have great ideas for some of the fights and my current favorite is against random shinobi, just to let yall know :p

Who should Tomoka fight in the preliminaries (chunin exam)
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
130