Chapter 27
3.1k 6 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was lying on my bed as usual with my back resting on the back rest and my hands folded behind my head to add a bit of cushioning effect as I gazed out at the blue sky through the window situated beside me.

One thing that I quite liked about this world was the ambience. Due to the anime like appearance though they felt weird to me at first, I soon started to appreciate looking at my surroundings more and more with time, just like how I'm currently enjoying gazing at the beautiful sky while lazing around as I feel the light cold breeze on my face from time to time.

"So Chunin exams are starting huh..." I said to myself as the memories from the clone that was with Konohamaru came back to me.

It was close to evening right now and I was not in the mood to eat cup noodles so I went out to eat ramen at the Ichiraku ramen shop. Even though I've eaten it 2-3 times already I wasn't bored of it but as I was walking towards the shop a mouth watering arouma of something edible entered my nostrils forcing me to follow it.

After following the source of the smell for a while I finally reached a restaurant. The signboard at the front of the restaurant had a name 'Yakiniku Q' on it.

I had no impression off this name if I was being honest but after entering it I realised that it looked kinda similar to the place where Shikimaru and the rest partied.

I soon took over a seat and an attendant soon came and passed me the menu. Well things were quite expensive..I could eat three days worth of ramen with the amount of money the beef costed...well that's to be expected.

I ordered the best selling item 'Salted beef with Green onions' even though it meant not being able to eat ramen for a day or two provided I don't do any missions to earn money. I didn't wanted to compromise when it came to my taste buds hence I took this drastic step.

"It's my first time seeing you here, Naruto." A voice came from the table behind me.

I turned back to identify the source of the voice and asked in a doubtful voice.

"Ino?"

"Ofcourse it's me, why's there a need to even ask?" She said in an irritated voice.

"Well, it's been a while since I've seen you...and with you wearing those big sun glasses which looks as if worn to hide your face I found it necessary to confirm whether it's truly you or not." I said.

*Cough* "what are you talking about...it's not like that." Ino said as she removed her sunglasses which led me to notice the embarrassment on her face.

"If you say so. How's your team's missions going? I asked inorder to change the topic.

"Well they weren't much. The only good mission we got was one C rank mission in which we escorted some businessman man to the land of lightning. Nothing much of action appeared in the journey though...so we were a bit disappointed." Ino said as she moved from her seat and sat on the seat in front of my table.

Seeing this I looked at her weirdly to which she asked "What? Why you looking at me like that?"

"Hmm...just so we're clear, I'm short on money so I won't be able to pay for your meal aswell." I said in a plain voice.

"...."

____

"Thanks for the treat Ino." I said to Ino to which she responded in an irritated manner, "No need to thank me , I'll make sure to work you for every penny that you ate today."ย 

"Hehe Alright" I said while laughing and went back towards home for a good night rest.

Ino sighed as she gazed at the back of Naruto...her plan to eat beef discreetly at the restaurant was spoiled by Naruto and because she didn't wanted to make thing weird if Naruto noticed her later on, she decided to reveal herself...but it ended up costing her 3 plates worth of beef.

Ino shook her head as she placed what happened today at the back of her mind and started walking towards her home.

The next day early in the morning team 7 was gathered in an area where Kakashi sent them a message to gather with the help of his ninja dogs last night.

70