Chapter 2: Visiting the capital
561 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yo, Arthur, come here."

When he heard someone call his name, he turned around to see a guy waving his hand in the last row of the school bus.

Arthur went straight there and sat next to the guy.

"You seem a lot more energised today," Arthur said with a smile.

"Of course, today is a big day, but you're the one who's putting on a brave face and acting like everything's fine."

Arthur shook his head, what's the point of getting excited if the outcome is already predetermined?

This is not a world where one can grow and achieve new heights because they worked hard for it; this is a world where luck determines everything; if you are lucky enough, you will be born to parents with high aptitude.

In Lee's case, he was unlucky, but his friend Mike was fortunate because he was born to gifted parents.

There are magical and strange beasts in this world, and humans fight against them to rule the world. Only 15% of the landmass is occupied by humans, with the remainder occupied by beasts.

Humans, on the other hand, are not completely powerless.

They have a special talent known as beast taming, which allows them to control these powerful beasts to fight for them.

When a human reaches the age of 15, a special crystal called soul crystal begins to form in the middle of their chest. This crystal aids humans in successfully contracting and nurturing the beast.

However, in order to activate this crystal, one must first enter a mystic realm where a unique type of energy will be used to activate this soul crystal.

They will be sent to a trial ground after activating the soul crystal, where they must survive for ten hours.

When they leave the mystic realm, each individual will be given a beast that is linked to their soul.

If a person can survive long enough, they will be able to receive a beast with a high bloodline.

Today is the day Arthur will enter the mystic realm and activate his soul crystal.

But he didn't have high hopes because his parents were only silver-ranked beast tamers, and he would most likely only be able to reach the same level as them, unlike Mike, whose parents were both gold-ranked beast tamers.

Arthur only hoped that the first beast he could obtain would be a combat-type beast, or else he would end up as an office worker and would be unable to go on adventures.

The school bus soon arrived at the academy, and instead of going to the school building, some people went in the opposite direction, where more people were gathered, and the students present were all discussing aloud.

They were all students, Arthur and Mike soon joined them, multiple girls looked at Mike, but no one bothered to look at Arthur, they all know that someone like Arthur could only reach Silver rank at most, but if they could get close to Mike, their lives would be prosperous, there are only a few students in their entire academy whose parents were Gold-ranked beast tamers,

Both Arthur and Mike didn't blink an eye, but for different reasons.

For Arthur, he had learned the reality of this world and knew that nothing could be changed, so he did not have high hopes of attracting some attention, despite the fact that he was a handsome young man.

These girls were on their own high horse and would not consider Arthur until they realised they, too, were unwanted by men with high potential. In Mike's case, he was already getting too much attention and would not even bother looking at these people.

People with high aptitudes do not usually marry people with low aptitudes because it may affect the aptitude of their children.

Arthur would like to see the expressions on the faces of those who rejected people like him when they realise the truth, that they can't get what they want.

All of this was caused by the fact that Gold-ranked beast tamers can even become city lords in tier 4 cities.

Soon after, their school's principal arrived and reiterated all of the instructions that they needed to follow in the capital. And he even promised to give a special gift to the people who performed the best today, but Arthur couldn't care less about the gift he'll never receive. However, some people in the crowd thought highly of them and clenched their fists firmly in determination.

Arthur shook his head as he observed the people in the same situation as him becoming agitated.

But people like Mike remained calm. The academy head, like their parents, was a Gold-ranked beast tamer; what could he give them that would rile them up when they have all kinds of resources that he can offer?

After he finished the instructions, a teleportation portal was quickly opened, and all the students began to step into them, some excited thinking that they would become some sort of protagonist by awakening with high-level aptitude , thus changing their fate, but Arthur did not dream about anything like that, but some people awaken high-level talents, but they are so rare that they should not even be considered for reference.

Mike and Arthur soon entered the portal, and after a few seconds, a bright light struck their eyes, and their ears were filled with loud inaudible noises.

They finally arrived in the capital, where the mystic realm that aids in awakening exists.

13