Chapter 3: Red Fog
378 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur looked around and saw over a thousand students gathered on the large grassy area.

Students were still exiting through the portals set up around the ground.

Soon after, their school staff arrived and began guiding them to their lodging, where students will stay until their turn arrives.

They had to wait 4 hours for their turn to arrive. Time passed slowly, and after four hours, they were standing in front of a massive dome-shaped building that was heavily guarded on all sides.

"Damn it! an ice dragon "As soon as they entered the building, they heard people gasp and mumble, and everyone turned around to see what was going on.

A girl stood in front of a crystal pod, and a slender figure proudly stood on top of her right shoulder, emitting a frost aura.

The ice dragon was quickly placed inside the crystal pod by the girl.

Words began to appear on the display attached to the crystal pod after a few seconds.

Race: Dragon

Race: Dragon Subspecies: Ice Dragon

Star Level: 4-star

(possible to achieve the platinum rank.)

Everyone was taken aback by the sight of a beast with Four-star aptitude, implying that when she grows up, she could become the city lord of a Tier -3 city.

Everyone was in a frenzy. Only a smirk can be seen on the girl's face; she quickly recalled the ice dragon and continued to walk.

Her background was not simple, as she was the granddaughter of a platinum-ranked beast tamer. and her father is currently at gold rank, having grown up in a pampered environment she considered everyone below her, she wore a disdainful smile on her face hearing all their voices.

Everyone knows about her nasty attitude, but there were always bimbos who suck up to her, and this bimbos had been circling her leg even before she awakened, waiting for her to drop some bones.

Arthur despised people like her because she thinks too highly of herself, but she never realised that everything she had was given to her and she had not earned any of it. Arthur had no problem with that, but what he despised was her attitude.

Some clenched their fists when they saw her disdainful smile, but no one can afford to stand up to her. People in positions of power do not follow the law because it is only designed for people like them.

Even if they don't directly kill you, these people can make your life a living hell.

If one were to ask, "Where is the fairness in this world?" and "Where is all the equality nonsense?" This world was never equal; your luck is determined even before you are born as your destiny is written in stone; if you wanted to cross it by hard work, you would be brought back to shore as a battered catamaran with no sails left.

Even if you cross all those waves, there will be people waiting in the middle to swallow you whole. It's a cruel world; no matter what you do, you'll get stuck because you're just a fly surrounded by giant webs with no way out.

The girl who exited here went directly to the spot where two middle-aged men sat and a name board was placed.

Many similar camps were set up around the exit.

This is where awakened people can choose which academy they want to join.

Everyone started mumbling when they saw where she went.

Dragon King Academy- the only place where dragon tamers can go. Dragon tamer is not a special profession; it simply refers to people who have contracted all dragons.

"Damn, that bitch went to the Dragon King Academy."

"What else can you expect, that's the best academy in the kingdom?"

Everyone in Arthur's immediate vicinity was engaged in conversation.

"Idiot, lower your voice, that bitch might hear you."

Someone else chimed in.

Everyone fell silent, and Arthur could only shake his head and not think much about it. All of these tier 4 beasts and platinum rank are unattainable for him.

The limiting factor is that one's talent is based on the first beast they receive; if one wants to break through, all of their beasts must reach the same level as them, or else they will not be able to.

As students from his school began to enter the mystic realm one by one, Arthur followed suit.

As soon as he stepped inside, he found himself standing on top of an altar that was floating in the void with no support.

The altar was completely engulfed in darkness, and it was eerily silent. A crystal ball floated in the middle of the platform.

When Arthur noticed this, he strolled over to the crystal ball with ease. When he got closer to the crystal ball, he reached out his hand to touch it.

When his hand was about to touch it, a sound resembling glass breaking could be heard.

*CLANG*

Arthur's vision darkened before he could even think about what had happened.

A shockwave shook the entire mystic realm, and multiple small cracks appeared on the altar where Arthur was standing.

Arthur, who was supposed to be standing on the altar, was nowhere to be found; all that remained was a thick red fog.

Arthur died without realising it, and all that remained of him was a blood mist floating in the air.

Around a hundred powerful beings barged into the mystic realm at the exact moment the shockwave spread, fighting someone twice their size.

The beings fighting the giant were also quite large, but in comparison to the giant, they all looked like satellites revolving around a planet.

They didn't even have time to notice their surroundings because they were fighting the colossal giant so fiercely. The majority of them resembled humanoids, but some had the heads of beasts such as lions, dragons, falcons, and even an octopus.

Aside from the humanoid creatures, there were some beasts, such as a three-headed snake, a nine-headed dragon, and even a three-headed Cerberus, who were all fiercely attacking the colossal giant.

The colossal giant swung its hand into the void, pulling out a sword as tall as him and slashing horizontally.

A black line moved across the void in the direction of the beasts. Ninety percent of them were cut in half, and the injuries that had been healing up to this point had stopped healing.

The beings who were slashed in half died with a look of reluctance in their eyes.

The giant dropped to one knee after that single powerful slash, as his final strike consumed nearly all of his remaining powers.

But when he saw that there were still a few dozen creatures left, he knew it was all over and that he might not be able to complete his revenge today.

His body was riddled with wounds, his core was destroyed, and there was still a massive spear lodged in his chest that shattered his core; he knew he wouldn't live past this day.

He clenched his teeth as rage welled up in his heart.

He was unable to safeguard the things he was tasked with safeguarding.

When the remaining figures saw the giant in that state, they did not hesitate and pounced on him. He closed his eyes in the face of death, knowing that everything was finally coming to an end, but nothing happened after a second.

While the giant closed its eyes, bracing itself for the impending doom.

A hand that was condensed from light ripped open the void and entered the mystic realm.

As soon as the hand tore the fabric of space, everything appeared to be frozen in time, including the beasts that were pouncing, floated in midair.

The mystic realm, which had already begun to heal itself, was ripped open, and a humanoid figure condensed from light slowly emerged from the tear.

While the creatures were still floating in the air, a light breeze blew past them, turning them into dust.

The beings who died didn't even have a chance to react.

They had no idea they had been killed, and their consciousness had been wiped out.

They died completely, with no chance of escape, as only their souls, devoid of consciousness, remained floating in the void.

After realising he hadn't died yet, the giant who was waiting for his death slowly opened his eyes. He couldn't find his enemies when he opened his eyes.

As he looked around, his gaze was drawn to a small white dot that, in comparison to him, appeared to be like dust.

The giant's body began to tremble when his eyes were drawn to that small speck of light.

The giant, who had finally managed to stand, fell to its knees and bowed, saying, "This humble one pays respect to the supreme one."

The luminous figure shook its head slowly and said, "What a shame, even I couldn't save you, your body is destroyed, your domain is obliterated, and even your core is damaged beyond repair."

Hearing this, the giant did not respond because he already knew he had no hope, and even if he did, his life had lost all meaning.

As if the light-condensed being could read the giant's mind,

He slowly opened his mouth and said, "It's not over yet, these are just underlings." Hearing it, the giant's body trembled and his heart swelled with rage.

He assumed that everything had come to an end.

He didn't feel like he had anything he wanted to do, but now....

Dozens of seconds passed, and the atmosphere remained silent. "Do you have any final wishes?" said the being condensed from the light.

The giant didn't have any wishes before, but everything changed after hearing that crucial information.

"Lord, I would like to request that you find me an heir to pass on my inheritance."

The supreme one nodded in response to the giant's words.

After seeing that his wish had been granted, the giant slowly closed his eyes, and his life, which had been hanging by a thread, finally snapped, and his body turned cold.

11