Chapter 5: The Unknown.
339 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A colossal body hung suspended in the void in front of the supreme one.

The colossal body was roughly twenty times the size of the previous giant who died.

The supreme one extended his hand and began to slowly close it.

As if the supreme ones hand and the giant's body were linked, the giant's body began to shrink at a rapid pace, and it eventually reached Arthur's size.

The supreme one flicked its finger, and the golden hair turned pitch black, gradually regressing, and the two vertical pupils transformed into normal cerulean-colored human eyes.

After completing the body, he began to draw strange symbols on Arthur's soul.

He began working on the new body he created after completing the runes on the intangible soul, and drew the same symbol that was drawn on Arthur's body,

After finishing all of this, he placed Arthur's soul into the new body.

As soon as Arthur's soul entered the body, the symbol on the soul and the symbol on the new body both began to shine brightly as they gradually merged into one.

The symbols drawn on the body vanished without a trace after the soul and the body merged into one.

Arthur did not immediately revive. The supreme one turned around to see the altar, which was riddled with cracks but was slowly repairing itself. He flicked his finger, and all the cracks and damage vanished, returning the surface to its original state.

After one last look at the unconscious Arthur, the supreme one turned around and tore the void, leaving without saying anything.

As soon as he left, time, which had been frozen until now, began to move again.

At the same time that the supreme one left the mystic realm, a meteorite the size of a fist passed through one of the remaining cracks and moved without stopping.

The meteorite was heading in the direction of the altar, or, more specifically, Arthur. It didn't slow down and slammed into Arthur, but instead of making any noise, it vanished the moment it made contact, and no explosion was heard.

A cold mechanical voice could be heard in Arthur's mind, but as he was unconscious, he couldn't hear it.

Assimilating system:1%

Assimilating system:2%

Assimilating system:3%

Assimilating system:4%

Assimilating system:5%

Assimilating system:6%

.

.

.

.

Assimilating system:99%

Assimilating system:100%

[Ding! System Assimilation is finished]

Even the supreme one was unable to detect the system's presence and was unaware when it entered the mystic realm.

Arthur didn't notice because he was still unconscious.

After a few minutes, Arthur gradually awoke.

When Arthur opened his eyes, he found himself on the altar.

As he stood up, he dusted the quasi dust from his dress.

"Did I just pass out?"

Arthur seemed to have no idea that he had died and did not know happened after that; he thought he had fallen unconscious due to the lack of sleep.

Arthur found nothing out of the ordinary in his body and felt no change.

He sighed and muttered as soon as he noticed the sphere floating in the middle of the altar "How long did I unconsciously lay here? I'm hoping they won't abandon me here and return "

Arthur stood up and moved towards the sphere, but he was startled when he touched it because...

In front of Arthur's eyes, a blue screen appeared.

Name: Arthur

Race: Human(Locked)

Rank: Unranked

Skills: None.

Aptitude:????

A cold mechanical voice rang in his ears, and a screen similar to those seen in high-end VR games flashed before his eyes. This was the source of Arthur's surprise.

When a person holds the sphere, it will transport them to a suitable Assessment area to test their potential; a VR screen should not appear.

When he saw this, Arthur thought to himself, "So, I've finally gone insane?????"

The screen was still in front of him after a few seconds. Arthur waved his hand at it, and it passed through the screen without a hitch.

"What the hell is going on? Why is this so real? Is this cutting-edge technology that someone is testing on me?" Arthur's strange thoughts continued unabated in his mind.

9