Chapter 6: The system
335 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few moments, Arthur regained consciousness and began to examine the screen, which displayed his portrait as well as a section containing his basic information.

"No, wait, something isn't right here, what's going on?"

The mechanical voice that had previously sounded in his head sounded once more.

"Congratulations to the host on successfully merging with the system."

"Reward for merging with the system: dimensional storage"

A blue screen with many square columns appeared in front of him.

[Space available 0/100]

???

Only one thought was racing through Arthur's mind.

"Who are you?"

"…."

Arthur waited a few seconds and received no response, so he decided to ask again.

The voice finally responded as he was about to ask again.

In his head, a mechanical female voice said, "I am your personal assistant, and I will help you grow in the future; you can call me, system."

"What are you talking about? What kind of future growth? "Arthur smiled mockingly at himself.

For a couple of seconds, the voice was deafeningly quiet.

Arthur didn't say anything because he didn't have much hope in the first place, because all he could see in front of him was a game-like interface with no apparent use.

Still, a glimmer of hope bloomed in Arthur's heart.

Finally, a thought occurred to him, and he inquired the system.

"Did I pass out because you merged with me back then?"

...

There was no response.

Arthur decided to take a different path after not receiving a response.

"Hey, Why do you want to assist me in growing? What do you require of me? How will you assist me in growing?"

Arthur bombarded the system with inquiries.

[The host is not required to provide anything to the system; however, the system will explain how it will assist the host in growing once the host has exited the mystic realm.]

The system dodged the first question, and Arthur did not ask any further questions. He did not know how this system would help him grow, but if there is a chance that he can grow and break his natural limits, he would gladly accept it.

Arthur nodded, his gaze fixed on the crystal sphere floating on the altar. Because of his newfound hope, his mood was better than ever, and he moved towards the sphere with anticipation.

The most important reason for entering the mystic realm to awaken one's talent is that. Only the mystic realm's sphere can reverse nurture one's body and form the soul crystal, and after that only his/her beast taming talent is said to be awakened.

One must hold the sphere for a few minutes in order to form one's soul crystal; once formed, one will be transported to a special place swarming with beasts, where one must fight them or survive for as long as possible.

If one can reach the end or survive long enough in the mystic realm, he will be rewarded with a beast with the strongest bloodline based on his aptitude.

Arthur kept holding the sphere, and after a few seconds, strange energy began to flow through his veins. After flowing through his body, all of the energy began to slowly gather in his chest, and after a few minutes, all of the gathered energy began to condense, first forming a small speck of dust, and the dust continued to grow and began to form a spherical crystal,

 Arthur was carefully observing it.

After flowing through his body, all of the energy began to slowly gather in his chest, and after a few minutes, all of the gathered energy began to condense, first forming a small speck of dust, and the dust continued to grow and began to form a spherical crystal, However, the crystal that was moulding and was about to be completed suddenly cracked, and Arthur was taken aback.

"This...."

He's never heard of anything like this happening before.

CLANG

The crystal broke and disappeared like broken glass, and a new sphere began to form, Arthur heaved a sigh of relief, thinking the problem was solved, but when he looked closely, he was perplexed, the previous crystal had a slight tinge of blue into it, but the current crystal had a tinge of redness,

The crystal broke and disappeared like broken glass, and a new sphere began to form, Arthur heaved a sigh of relief thinking the problem was solved, but when he looked closely, he was perplexed, the previous crystal had a slight tinge of blue into it, but the current crystal had a tinge of redness,but the crystal which was forming broke and disappeared again, and the process continued to repeat, Arthur had no idea what was going on.

[System, what is going on?]

[The soul crystal is breaking and reforging itself, becoming stronger each time it break; it may take some time for the crystal to form completely]

Arthur breathed a sigh of relief. Strange things have been happening to him since he entered the mystic realm. After another ten minutes of breaking and reforging, the crystal now looked completely golden, rather than transparent as it should be.

Arthur's only option was to ask the system[System, Does this colour represent anything?]

The system was deafeningly silent and did not respond.

He decided to observe the soul crystal since he had not heard back.

When his consciousness entered the soul crystal, he discovered it to be extremely large; Arthur felt it to be even larger than the largest ocean in his world; it was so massive that he couldn't even comprehend its size.

After analysing his soul crystal for some time, Arthur was surprised because when one condensed his soul crystal, its inner size would normally be only the size of a small lake. The purpose of the soul crystal is to nurture the beasts and aid in their healing. As the beast tamer grows, so will the space inside the soul crystal, and depending on the beasts tamed, the soul crystal will develop suitable cultivating areas for the beasts.

Arthur was overjoyed to see this, but he began to suspect that things were not as they should be.

He had an urgent question that needed to be answered right away.

"Where am I going to end up ?"

10