Chapter 8: Getting Adopted
300 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Lion's eyes twinkled like stars as he heard Arthur's words.

Suddenly,

The massive lion began to shrink, and it soon shrank to a couple metres in height.

A bright light shone down on the lion, and a silhouette of a humanoid figure emerged from it, slowly walking forward and appearing in front of Arthur.

Standing in front of Arthur's eyes was a man with silvery-white hair wearing golden armour etched with the face of a roaring lion. The man's body exuded a majestic and domineering aura.

Even though his hair was white, it was impossible to tell how old he was based on his appearance; his eyes were bright, and he smiled as he observed Arthur.

With a smile on his face, he approached Arthur and ruffled his hair. Because the man was over 2 metres tall, Arthur could only look up.

Even with his armour covering him from head to toe, he appeared to be quite muscular.

"Child, what is your name?" Ken inquired.

"....Arthur"

"Good.... Good..... "

"...".

"Finally, I have a grandson, you old fogeys, wait for me to get there," Ken mumbled under his breath as he planned a strategy to crush all of his enemies in a single move.

His lack of relationships was always a thorn in his side.

Ken had nothing to say as all those old things talked about their heirs' accomplishments all year long; he knew they weren't doing it to annoy him, but he still felt sad whenever they talked about their grandsons or granddaughters. So he was looking for someone and trusted his instincts to choose someone.

Ken's instincts screamed that he was the one as soon as he saw Arthur.

He made the decision to adopt Arthur as his grandson right away.

But the main reason was that Ken was lonely and felt like he was missing out on something, and whenever his friends talked about their grandchildren, he would always think about how great it would be if he had a grandson or granddaughter.

He fantasised about spending time with them and bragging about all his accomplishments, but he was not blessed with such a gift.

"Child, you have a lot of potential; I'm excited to see who your first summon will be," Ken said as he ruffled Arthur's hair.

When Arthur saw Ken, he knew he was not an ordinary person because he had never heard of a beast that could transform. Furthermore, Arthur could feel Ken was so powerful that he didn't know how he could even measure the power of this guy with values. He had so many questions that needed to be answered, and Arthur felt that Ken was the right person to ask.

"Where do the beasts that we get come from?" This was a piece of information that everyone wanted to know because everything about this mystic realm remained a mystery, such as who created it. When was it made? Why was it only assisting humans and not beasts? The questions continued indefinitely.

Grandpa Ken explained, "They are born when your soul crystal is first created."

Arthur nodded and thought for a moment. That explains why one's first beast cannot be killed unless the host is also killed.

Arthur felt as if he had discovered something earth-shattering, as the origin of the first beast had always been a mystery.

Everyone assumed that this was just a trial ground and that all of the beasts in here were just illusions to test one, and they were all mindless beasts that would pounce as soon as they saw someone.

But when he saw Grandpa Ken in front of him, his mind began to race. Who is he? Why is he here?

As if Grandpa Ken could read his thoughts. "Don't think too much about it; it's too early for you to learn about this stuff; for the time being, just do what you should do."

"Let's go," he continued.

Arthur:"??"

Arthur was thrown over Grandpa Ken's shoulder. He knelt and leapt into the air. After they left, a sonic boom could be heard in that location.

Arthur couldn't even scream as he clutched Grandpa Ken tightly, but strangely, he couldn't feel any wind pressure despite the fact that they were moving at such a high speed.

Arthur sagged a little.

While driving at high speeds, Grandpa Ken said, "Zara will be delighted to see you."

Arthur:"…"

"Looks like he's not the only one here, and he's taking me to introduce me to his friends," Arthur thought. 'Perhaps she is as powerful as Grandpa.'

Arthur began to accept Ken as his grandpa without even realising it. This was primarily due to the fact that Arthur did not have any grandparents and that spot in his life had always been empty. Furthermore, things began to change as soon as he stepped into the mystic realm and he felt like he had a new life and new opportunities.

They soon arrived at a location densely forested with massive trees. When Arthur saw the size of the trees, he thought to himself,'seems like everyone here is huge.'

Before entering the forest, Grandpa Ken paused and looked solemnly at Lee, saying in a low but firm voice, "When you see Zara...please....don't call her Grandma."

Arthur nodded solemnly when he heard this. Even though he is young, he is aware of the unspoken rules, which appeared to be a universal law.

When Grandpa Ken saw Arthur's reaction, his face relaxed and he nodded in satisfaction.

He said, "Let's go," with a smile.

They soon entered the dense forest..

Some trees were so large that they could cover an entire city, while others were so tall that they dwarfed even the tallest mountain he had ever seen.

Arthur looked around in awe. Huge wines were wrapping themselves around the trees.

Most of the trees had strange fruits hanging from them, some of which resembled beasts and others which resembled transparent crystals.

These fruit trees emitted a rich aroma that permeated the entire forest. Arthur's mouth began to salivate as he inhaled all of this sweet aroma.

Arthur had been holding himself back solely through sheer willpower.

All of these fruits, which he had never read or heard of before, were all present here.

Grandpa Ken smiled as he saw his reaction, knowing that for a child like Arthur, this will be quite alluring, and he praised him in his heart for keeping him from pouncing on the tree.

9