Chapter 9: Grandpa’s world view was quite weird..
287 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They soon came to an ancient tree.

This tree was taller than any other tree he'd ever seen, and he couldn't even see the sides of its endlessly spanning trunk.

As they got closer to the tree, he said, "Zara, come out, I've got a surprise for you."

"Ken, What took you so long to come see me, and what were you doing?"

Arthur's ears were filled with the sound of a sweet voice.

"Ahem".

Suddenly, a door hidden in the tree trunk opened, and a lovely young lady emerged.

Arthur expected to see a middle-aged lady, which had to be the reason for Grandpa's warning. However, what he witnessed shattered his worldview.

Arthur was mesmerised by her; she sported two crystal wings that flutter slightly and wore a crown on top of her head.

She had green eyes and her skin was as white as snow, as if even the sun was shy to see her and hid whenever she came out.

Her gown appeared to be made of countless rose petals and was stitched with the finest silk that had ever existed.

Flowers bloomed on the ground beneath her feet with each step she took, as if the ground would commit the greatest sin since time immemorial if it allowed her feet to become soiled.

As soon as her gaze fell on Arthur, her face, which already resembled a Moon brightening the night sky, brightened even more.

She was stunned for a split second before responding.

"Finally, someone got in here!!"

With a smile, she stated.

Arthur immediately bowed and said, "Hello big sister, I am glad to meet you, my name is Arthur."

'Why did Grandpa Ken think I'd call someone like her Grandma?' Arthur wondered.

She was overjoyed when she heard the name "Big sister," so she ruffled Arthur's hair and said, "Come, come Little brother, let's go inside."

'It appears that I will go bald before I leave here.'

In his heart, Ken gave Arthur a thumbs up.

When Arthur saw Grandpa's face, he thought to himself, "quite understandable, Grandpa looks so young, I don't know about his hair choice, did he choose it to look more mature?, that should be the case."

*Achoo*

"It appears that I am allergic to pollen," said Grandpa Ken.

Arthur:….

Zara:….

They soon entered through the door.

Arthur was stunned once more when he saw the interior of the tree; what he discovered inside were trees with various flowers, as well as a house in the middle of the trees surrounded by pink blossoms.

When he entered, he expected to see an opulent interior, but instead found a sprawling garden and a house straight out of a fairy tale.

The two pillars of the house were adorned with orchid-like flowers. The flowers were dark red, which contrasted with the white pillar of the building. The structure appeared to be made of white jade stone. Zara soon brought them in.

Because the house was in the middle of a forest, Arthur expected to see some exquisite furniture. Instead, it was filled with lovely flowers and miniature trees.

A flower was used as a tea table, its leaves as chairs, and there were windows that allowed you to see the entire forest outside the tree.

She motioned for both of them to take a seat and then vanished for a few seconds before reappearing.

She was carrying a basket three times her size that should have weighed at least half a tonne. Even Ken was taken aback when he saw her with a basket and its contents.

Zara ignored Ken's reaction and approached Arthur, saying, "Come, come little brother, I have specially prepared this for you."

The basket was filled with strange fruits that looked like crystals, they were all similar in size and appearance, they all appeared transparent and filled with some kind of liquid, and each of them glowed slightly in different colours.

When he saw this, Arthur was taken aback for a different reason. He had no idea that the fruits in here could be eaten. He knew that things from this strange place couldn't be brought back, and until today, he had no idea that something consumable existed in this place.

He had heard that, despite the presence of trees in the mystic realm, no one had ever seen any fruits, and he had no idea if anyone had tried to eat any of the tree leaves.

He inquired, hesitantly.

"Can I eat this, big sister?"

"Of course, why would I bring them if you couldn't eat them? When you take a bite of the fruits I've brought for you, you'll understand why ", she said with a smile.

She soon placed the entire basket in front of him and sat on a leaf beside him.

6