Chapter 10: First Summon
285 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur was having trouble keeping his cool. The fruits were stunning, and all he could smell was their aroma.

Arthur gulped and quickly grabbed a fruit and took a bite; as soon as he took a bite, a strong sweet flavour hit his mouth hard; it was multiple times sweeter than the expensive honey he consumed back then, which was named the sweetest in the world, but Arthur did not feel satiated eating this fruit, which was even sweeter than the honey.

However, instead of entering his stomach, it entered the soul crystal. Arthur sensed something in his soul crystal but couldn't put his finger on it.

Arthur turned to face Zara. He wanted to inquire about this fruit, but Zara cut him off before he could. "Don't worry, it's beneficial to you, you should consume all of this, only then the result will be apparent," she said.

Arthur couldn't help but nod.

He believed it was true because these people did not show any ill will toward him, and it was quite easy for powerful people like them to deal with him, and even he could tell that something was improving in his body.

However, seeing the large basket of fruits Arthur opened his mouth wide, wondering if he'd be able to eat all of these fruits before being kicked out of the mystic realm.

He was aware that one could only stay here for ten hours; the time here is in the ratio of 1:10, so if he stayed for ten hours, only one hour would have passed."

When Arthur saw this pile of fruit that weighed more than him, he wondered if he could even eat it all in a week; there should be more than a thousand fruits in that basket.

"I don't think I have time to eat all of this." Arthur was a little disappointed because, according to Zara, he should eat all of these fruits in order to see a change.

If he had two weeks and ate them for sixteen hours every day, he might be able to finish everything in eleven days.

It took him about 10 minutes to consume each fruit because each bite took more than a minute for its energy to fully dissolve.

Because these fruits were quite large, he should take about ten bites to consume one. After taking a bite, Arthur realised that a treasure of this calibre would be impossible for him to obtain with his strength, so he was frustrated.

Arthur could feel that this fruit changed his soul sea and something that could change one's sea of consciousness..., he had no idea that such treasures existed until today.

Zara and Ken both smiled as they heard Arthur's words. "Don't worry about it, you have plenty of time here," Ken said.

Arthur was puzzled.

"The time ratio here and outside is 1000:1," Zara added.

Arthur was shocked to hear this; what kind of insane place had he gotten himself into?

If I stayed here for a thousand year, only one year would have passed outside. For a brief moment, Arthur seemed to be in a daze.

"So you'll be staying with us for more than a month?" Zara and Ken both laughed.

Arthur was taken aback and thought to himself, "Good thing I appeared before Grandpa." I would have died of hunger in this place if I hadn't landed in front of him because I had only brought some snacks to eat if I got hungry.

Furthermore, I'm not sure if I had met someone else, if they would have been as kind to me as Grandpa was.

Grandpa said no one would attack me here, but I'm not sure. What if I got stomped by someone big because they didn't see me? From what I've seen, people can't fly here.

With Grandpa's strength, flying should be a piece of cake for him, and it appears that they are unable to use their senses and scan around, so the reason Grandpa ken noticed me should be due to his instincts."

Zara gave Arthur a room and moved the fruit basket because he couldn't move it even an inch when he tried.

Arthur soon sat down on a chair next to a window, took out some fruit, and began munching on it.

He sat near the window because the room was practically empty, with only a bed and a couple of chairs. Outside the window, Arthur noticed Ken and Zara, and they went to the outskirts of the forest, where Grandpa Ken quickly took out a massive crystal mountain and reverted to his lion form.

Arthur noticed that this mountain was larger than the one he had seen previously.

Arthur noticed Grandpa Ken slowly carving the Crystal Mountain with his claws. His claws were so sharp that they cut through the crystal mountain like butter, but the mountain was so large that one could not even notice the huge cut he made if they did not focus at that specific location.

When he saw all the scrape crystals falling down and forming a small hill, Arthur's heart bled internally.

Time passed slowly; it had been 11 days since he began eating the fruits. The system never appeared again after its first appearance. He remembered what the system had told him, which was that the system could only be useful when Arthur was not in the mystic realm.

Arthur was ecstatic to see that there were only four fruits left in the basket.

After all this time of munching on the fruits, his jaws began to ache slightly; the fruits were so soft that he didn't even have to chew them, but he was constantly using his jaw muscles for nearly two weeks.

Arthur quickly devoured the last of the fruit. As soon as he finished eating that fruit, he felt something in his soul crystal.

He closed his eyes and focused, and what he saw inside the soul crystal made his entire body shiver.

He noticed that the space within the soul crystal was trembling, as if a tsunami was on its way.

It soon settled, but something strange started to emerge from the depths.

When he looked closely, he noticed a leaf slowly sprouting on the surface of his soul sea (A/N: I will use the term soul sea to refer to the interior of the soul crystal).

It began to grow slowly at first.

Soon, the energy he had gathered over the previous two weeks by consuming the fruit began to swirl around and his soul sea began to churn again; a vortex formed in his soul sea, and the new sapling was in the centre of that vortex.

The sapling began to grow rapidly, as if it had been injected with a large amount of steroids. Its height surpassed one hundred metres in a matter of seconds, but it did not stop there, and it continued to grow.

The sapling stopped growing after only a minute, but it can no longer be called a sapling.

It was about a dozen kilometres tall and appeared to be keeping the soul crystal from crumbling.

"What kind of divine tree is this?" Arthur exclaimed. Is this the supposed good thing, or did a tree grow because I ate too many fruits? Did the fruit contain seeds that I unknowingly swallowed?

No, it's different; I felt a strange connection to the tree; this should be the 'good thing' mentioned by big sister."

Arthur wanted to ask Zara about it, so he went out right away. Zara and Ken were both sitting in the living room, talking about something when they heard his footsteps they turned to look at him.

"Big sister, what is this tree that has grown in my soul sea?" Arthur asked before they could speak.

"It appears that everything worked out well," Zara said. Ken smiled as he nodded his head.

"That is known as a Soul tree, and it will be of great assistance to you."

"That will double your manna absorption speed, and it will do the same for your beasts, as well as strengthen your soul crystal, which will increase your growth speed."

"However, it possesses an even more powerful ability......"

Zara came to a halt and looked at Arthur, who was in a daze. After a few seconds, Arthur awoke from his trance.

All of these abilities were incredible, as he could progress twice as fast as someone with the same aptitude as him.

Arthur's pupils were dilated.

After hearing her words, Arthur looked at Zara with surprise and anticipation, and he asked big sister, "Is there anything else?"

Zara smiled and nodded, "Yes."

"Your beasts, even if they died, can be resurrected in the same way that the beast you get from here can." 

"The soul tree connects all of your beast's souls, and the souls can be revived with its help. And because it is still a sapling, its abilities will grow stronger as it matures, and it will continue to learn new skills in the future."

Arthur's soul was about to leave his body when he heard this. "What kind of monstrosity is this?" Arthur expressed to himself.

"Oh, I forgot to mention that this will be your first beast."

"Beast…."

"This???"

Arthur calmed down after a few seconds. "It's okay even if this is my first beast, and I don't care if it's a non-combat type plant life form," Arthur thought to himself. He knows that this type of plant must be a supreme treasure, and he won't be able to find something like it even if he destroys his entire world.

"Thank you, big sister," he said as he bowed to Zara.

"Thank you for what? This Big Sister will always be there for my Little Brother "..

"Don't be concerned about your second beast; with your talent, you should be able to tame two beasts in each level, so you'll still get your beast when you go out."

Arthur pinched his hand and he felt pain; everything was too surreal. First it was his aptitude, then he met Grandpa Ken, then Big sister Zara, and now this.

Arthur, who didn't have much hope, had given up most hope after learning that the best he could hope for was silver rank, but now...

7