Chapter 11:Taking Turns
301 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This should be kept as a secret, your abilities and our existence should never be leaked, no one can find out about this unless it comes out of your mouth, if your abilities are revealed it will bring you endless harm and you won't be able to protect yourself," Grandpa Ken said solemnly.

Zara nodded solemnly as well.

Arthur knew that something bad must have happened in the past, as they were all here, and that something must be even more terrifying than he can imagine

Because he knew that both Ken and Zara were Countless times stronger than the so-called legendary figures of his world and that something that even they could not handle...

Arthur possessed basic common sense and was capable of analysing the situation and environment in which he found himself. As a result, he never inquired about them and remained silent throughout.

Arthur assured them with a nod.

Zara went on "The existence of this tree should also be kept hidden because we have no idea what it is capable of. Only humans who can tame two beasts in each level can contract with this soul tree, and you must contract this as your first beast or you will be unable to form a contract with this tree, so you are the first to contract these and you should learn about the soul tree on your own "...

Zara was aware of this tree due to her affinity for this element, as well as her special status as a 'Fairy Queen,' which increased her affinity.
She discovered a mystic realm where time was frozen with thousands of saplings just before she arrived here.

Those saplings are the tree that gave birth to this divine fruit; she has been caring for these plants since she arrived here, and more than a billion years have passed in the outside world. These trees took more than a hundred billion years to grow from a sapling, and each tree bore only one fruit. Each fruit took 600 billion years to mature, and they have been matured for more than 400 billion years. The trees withered and turned to dust as soon as she plucked the fruits after Arthur's arrival.

Zara was stunned when she first discovered this; she had no idea what kind of existence this belonged to; the location where she obtained this tree had been frozen for a long time; she couldn't even imagine what kind of existence had the ability to stop the passage of time for so long. It is said that this mystic realm existed before the universe was created, and no one could enter it except Zara. When she first entered, she discovered that the time flow in here was completely stopped.

There were numerous saplings kept in a unique type of soil that even she couldn't figure out what it was made of.

She was shocked after absorbing the saplings and discovering their function; she then realised why no one could enter this mystic realm; she realised that the only reason she could enter was because of her title. Titles like this can only be given to one person in this multiverse, and if they die, no one else will receive the same title.

So she was the only one who could enter this mystic realm, but when she discovered the saplings in the mystic realm, she was dismayed to discover that she couldn't even use them for herself.

She obviously learned about the requirements as well, so she was not optimistic, but she does not want to leave this precious tree here to die, so she carefully moved all the saplings along with all the soil, the mystic realm was practically empty as there was not even a single speck of dust left, she moved them to a special place which she can always carry.

Ken was taken aback when he saw her carrying these fruits because he remembered how she had cared for these trees in the past, and Zara had already mentioned the tree to Ken. As a result, he recognised Zara's intent and agreed with her decision. She's been waiting for so long, and none of them can eat this fruit. It's not that something bad will happen if they eat it or that they won't be able to bite into it; it's just that if they eat it, it won't have any effect on them because this can only be used by humans to show its effect since they alone have the mysterious space known as the soul sea, and this soul tree needed such a place to grow.

They couldn't even taste one fruit because it took a single person to consume all one thousand fruits. These fruits have no seeds, and they can only be grown when all of the energy from all of the thousand fruits is gathered in one place, they will condense to form a sapling, it rejects all external energy in the initial stage, and it can only be birthed by the combination of these thousand fruits,
Even Zara was surprised to learn about it; without Zara's care, the trees would not have survived outside of that mystic realm where everything was frozen in time; all the saplings were fragile when she discovered them; only Zara had the ability to understand these plants; her subordinates were unable to guess anything about them when she got them first.

As a result, she was the only one who was aware of this tree and has diligently cared for these plants since then. Ken was well aware of this, and he understood that a person who is suited for these positions will almost certainly never appear again, and he could confidently state that she will not find anyone more suitable than his 'Grandson.'

"It's time to start moving; if we start moving now, we'll be able to reach the exit in less than a month," Zara said.

Arthur:"??"

"You don't want to go any further? If you make it to the end, you will be rewarded more generously "..

"Is the exit really there?"

Zara:"…."

Ken:"…."

"Yes," Zara confirmed.

"Partheos, let us proceed to the exit."

"Partheos?" says Arthur.

Ken grinned and reached for Arthur's shoulder. Arthur had a bad feeling right away.
Ken threw Arthur over his shoulder, knelt, and jumped up.

Arthur, as usual, was unable to scream. They climbed higher and higher.
They quickly passed the altitude at which they had previously travelled and continued ascending. Ken came to a halt after a few minutes and said, "Look down."

When Arthur looked down, he was questioning his life, and everything else looked extremely strange except for the small patch of green.

What he saw were multiple stars that appeared to be floating in the void; if it was that much, Arthur would not have been as surprised. He saw a large head that was slowly moving out and four large paddle-like legs that appeared to be able to knock the planets and move them away from their orbit.

It appeared to be a massive black star..... Turtle..."

"His name is Partheos. But you won't be able to communicate with him."

Ken's voice was sorrowful as he said it.

Arthur remained silent after hearing his tone.

"Wait a minute, we're floating!" Arthur yelled.

They started to fall down as soon as Arthur said that. Ken grabbed Arthur once more and threw him over his shoulder; they soon returned to Zara's Garden.

Since Arthur's arrival in the mystic realm, twelve days have passed.

The black star turtle was moving steadily.

The days passed slowly. Arthur didn't have much to do, so he wandered around Zara's garden. He only dared to go out and explore because he had learned from them that he was not in any danger. The only thing he should remember is not to eat any fruits found in the forest on the spur of the moment because his body won't be able to handle the consequences.

Arthur spent the next few weeks travelling on the black turtle, which, despite its name, was extremely fast; it was even faster than Ken's Max speed, owing to its sheer size.

36th day.

The turtle, which was moving at a breakneck pace, slowed and came to a halt.

Zara's sweet voice soon filled the air and reached Arthur's ears.
"Sleepyhead, wake up."

"Who did you refer to as "sleepy head?" Come here, brat, or your trees will be stripped of their leaves."

A lady's voice echoed in Arthur's ear, and unlike Zara's, this voice sounded much more mature.

Arthur emerged from the woods to find 'Big sister Zara' struggling to free herself from the clutches of a lady in silver armour. She was snagged by her collar and dangled in the air.

"It looked like 'big sister Zara' was getting reprimanded," Arthur discovered.

When Zara saw Arthur emerge from the woods, she exclaimed, "Come here, little brother, meet Aunty Esthera!"

After seeing Zara in such a state, Arthur felt that the big sister he looked up to, who always acted noble, had vanished and been replaced by a kindergartener...

Esthera's eyelids twitched as she heard Zara's words, but when she saw Arthur, she loosened her grip slightly, and as if Zara was waiting for this opportunity, she escaped at lightning speed.

Esthera muttered with a smile as she noticed Zara fleeing. "This girl never matures."

Esthera's eyes lit up when she saw Arthur and she said quietly, "So that's why..."
She realised what was going on right away.

She then turned to face Ken, who was sitting on a chair holding a teacup, and Zara, who was sitting next to Ken and sipping a cup of tea as if nothing had happened.

Zara and Ken both nodded as they noticed her gaze. Esthera was ecstatic.

The three knew something big was going to happen, and Arthur would be at the centre of it all.

Humans are extremely weak, but their potential for growth is limitless. Someone like Arthur, whose aptitude is even higher than the rest of his race, will reach unimaginable heights in the future.

They were all overjoyed because Arthur could do what they couldn't, which is why Ken and Zara were overjoyed when they met Arthur.

Arthur immediately cupped his fist, bowed, and said, "Hello Big sister, my name is Arthur."
Esthera smiled as she saw Arthur. "Come here, Little Brother, I'd like to give you something as a meeting gift, let me think..." She paused for a moment to consider."

She approached Arthur and placed her index finger on his brow.
Strange numbers began to appear in Arthur's mind for a split second before disappearing.
Strange numbers began to pop into Arthur's head.

"When you are about to break through to bronze level, there are some resources there that will help you, and if you are lucky, you can get another big opportunity that is even better than all the resources combined."

What do all these numbers mean? Arthur paused for a moment, and upon hearing Esthera's words, he wondered aloud, "Are these coordinates?"

"Big sister, are these coordinates?" he asked Esthera. "Yes."

"There are three......."

Arthur was perplexed because coordinates usually have only two sets of numbers, one for longitude and one for latitude, but this one has three sets of numbers, and Arthur considered a possibility and quickly concluded that this should be a space coordinate. However, in their world, only teleportation formations that used two sets of coordinates existed, implying that only teleportation within the same planet will be possible.

When they saw Arthur's reaction, they all understood, and both Esthera and Zara turned and looked at Ken.

"Ahem, come here child, you haven't said anything about your world," Ken said.
Then Arthur began to explain everything he knew about his world, such as technological advancements, the strength of the strongest person he knew, and so on.

Hearing this expression, their expressions became strange.

"This world... appears to be a backwater...." They were all thinking the same thing.

"Should be one of the newer worlds," Ken said after hearing Arthur's words.

After guessing their ages, Arthur thought to himself, "Should be true, when compared to you guys."

After learning about Arthur's predicament, they all decided to take turns teaching him all the fundamentals that will be useful to him.
Ken made the decision that he would be the first to teach his grandson.

Zara and Esthera could only nod in agreement. Ken was an expert in spatial magic. So he decided to teach Arthur some 'basic' teleportation formations.

So he decided to teach Arthur some 'basic' teleportation formations.

If Arthur wanted to understand the mystery of space, he needed to contract a beast with a space element affinity.

Ken could only draw the formations and explain how they work to Arthur; he couldn't show how they work because it wouldn't be possible inside this mystic realm.

He first taught Arthur some basic teleportation formations that only used two sets of coordinates, then he began to teach him complex teleportation formations that can even allow him to move to different universes, but they were a lot more expensive to operate (Only for Arthur), and he might have to sell all of his family savings to do so once.

Arthur had a rough idea of where the coordinates Esthera gave him would lead him after learning about the Teleportation formation.
Arthur looked at Grandpa Ken with puppy eyes, thinking that if he could get some scrap crystals from Grandpa Ken, he might be able to travel to different universes multiple times.

*Cough*.

"I wish I could give it to you, but you can't take any materialistic things with you when you leave here," Ken explained.
Arthur could only lower his head.

Esthera, who was sitting a little further away, turned around and said, "Find a way to get there, I remember there were some mana stones left in there, it should last you a while."

Arthur's eyes lit up, he thought, and he quickly steeled his heart "Both dad and mom appear to need to declare bankruptcy for a short period of time.

Little sister, don't blame me because I'm going to use all of your pocket money; I'm doing this for your own good," Arthur was finalising his plans; yes, one must sacrifice something in order to achieve greater things.

Days passed as Arthur continued to learn the basics of space magic. Because space magic is a vast field, if one wants to be an expert in this field, they need a beast with space affinity first, or else they can only learn formations, which they must draw if they don't have a beast with a space affinity.

If they had a beast with space affinity, they wouldn't need to draw all those formations and could simply teleport with a thought, but to get to that stage, both the beast tamer and the beast should be at a high level, and if they wanted to travel a long distance, they would need a beast of that corresponding level, and the further the distance, the stronger the beasts should be.

39th day.

For the past three days, Arthur has been learning about teleportation formation and the basics of how they work; however, Grandpa Ken had a different idea for Arthur today.

He showed Arthur how to build a beacon that would alert him if he was in danger.

current chapter size?
  • Enough. Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Need to add more Votes: 5 25.0%
Total voters: 20
7