Chapter 12: Exiting the Mystic realm
244 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ken showed Arthur how to build a beacon that will alert him when he is in danger.

When Arthur's life is in danger, Grandpa Ken will come to his aid as soon as possible.

Hearing it, Arthur was taken aback; he had assumed that Grandpa Ken would be unable to leave, but it appears that he was mistaken.

Arthur felt a warmth in his heart; he now knew he wouldn't die if he used the beacon immediately when he faced any type of life-threatening danger.

Grandpa Ken warned him that he needed to activate it right away, and Arthur nodded firmly.

The beacon only served a single purpose: it was designed to emit a distinct spatial fluctuation.

Ken, as a master of space affinity, was able to pinpoint the location and arrive there immediately.

Grandpa Ken oversaw Arthur's construction of multiple beacons, and he only let Arthur go when he was satisfied.

He stated that he would build the device as soon as he obtained all of the necessary materials.

Arthur had to wait until he arrived at the special location requested by Esthera. The metals used by Grandpa Ken were something he had never heard of before, and when he asked if he could use other metals, Grandpa Ken immediately rejected him, claiming that the metals couldn't handle the Spatial waves released by the beacon and would crumble.

Ken stated that Esthera should have enough of these materials in the location she previously mentioned.

After his class on Spatial Teleportation was finished.

Zara told Arthur that her skill sets are completely different and won't help him for now because he can't use her affinity, and that he only had a little more than a day before he had to return, so Zara told him that he should learn from Esthera as it will be more useful to him.

Arthur had expected to learn from this 'Big sister,' so he was disappointed.

When Esthera began to teach him, Arthur remembered what Zara had said to him before, and she was absolutely correct, what Esthera taught him was not less important than what Ken had taught him, she taught him how to improve the effect of absorbing manna and how to concentrate on specific body parts to reinforce them with manna, and this reinforcement is not temporary.

By using this reinforcing technique, each of his cells will absorb manna and use the absorbed manna to temper and reinforce the cells. If he could fully utilise and master this technique, his body should be as strong as the body of a dragon of the same level.

Arthur's admiration for Esthera grew even stronger as she told him something that was not only beneficial to him, but also to his beasts. It was a new type of contract method for contracting a beast.

When a person signs a contract with a beast, it is usually similar to a slave contract; this type of contract gives the tamer complete control over his beast.

This contract has a significant disadvantage because it restricts the development of a beast and its beast tamer. When a beast tamer contracts a beast, the beast strengthens the sea of consciousness and offers some benefits to the beast tamer's body.

However, when compared to the type of contract that Esthera taught him now, this type of contract is only garbage.

The main difference between the type of contract that Esthera taught him and the type of contract that is normally used is that the former is similar to a slave contract, whereas the latter establishes a relationship between the beast and the beast tamer similar to that of partners instead of one being slave to another.

The biggest advantage of using this type of contract is that the beast can share a random skill when contracted with the beast tamer, and the Beast tamer's skill can be shared with the beast as well.

If one thinks deeply about this technique, they will quickly realise how terrifying it can be if used correctly.

If a beast tamer could contract ten beasts, the number of skills he would receive from the beasts he contracted would be ten, and each skill is random and cannot be chosen. What if the beast tamer has a beast with a water affinity and another with a fire affinity, and the beast with the water affinity received a skill from the beast with the fire affinity, and vice versa? The beast may become mutated, and a beast much more powerful than the previous one will be born, capable of handling both affinities.

Unlike humans, beasts can only use one affinity at a time. There are a few exceptions, but let's ignore them.

If a beast is mutated, its resistance to the new element is also improved. However, what if a fire type beast acquires a water element skill, and if the beast has to use the water skill, it may be unable to use its fire skill, because its internal organs must be altered in order for it to perform the skill of an opposing element?

As previously stated, the abilities are chosen at random.

It's not like the skills will be forced upon the beast tamer or beast; it's up to the beast tamer or beast to decide whether or not to merge with that skill. As a result, the new skill will not become an impediment and will only provide benefits.

If the skill had been forced upon the beasts, Esthera would not have recommended it, and Arthur would not have tried it either. The worst thing Arthur can do is leave his fate to luck.

Even if a beast's skill cannot be transferred for the first time due to it being a skill that is incompatible with it, it can wait.
When the beast tamer contracts another beast, the beast can still get an opportunity; however, each beast can only get one chance.

As a result, a beast can only learn one skill from the beast tamer. As for Arthur, he can use all of these skills because humans are born with no affinity to elements, and their bodies can hold all of them because a human's internal organ is not tuned for one element and will be like an empty canvas.

If it hadn't been for this, instead of being a blessing, it would have turned into a curse for humans who have been born without an affinity.
Beasts take longer to develop than humans, and their lifespan is also longer, implying that nature is constantly attempting to balance itself.

After learning about this skill, Arthur had a new thought: "Big sister, if this type of contract is so powerful, why have I not heard about it?"

"Because I created it, and you will be the first to use this type of contract."

Arthur:.......

"Haha, don't worry, nothing bad will happen to you, and there will be no problems, I've already done many simulations and confirmed it, and one more thing, you can use this type of contract on the beast that you receive from here as well." Arthur was consoled by Esthera.
….
Normally, anyone can form a contract with their first beast, but no sane person would do so because it tends to have the opposite effect; one only uses this type of contract to control the beast, and the beast that is given by the mystic realm will be absolutely loyal to the beast tamer, and if one uses this contract, they will put shackles to the beast's growth.

However, the contract Esthera taught him does not have this restriction; it only has positive effects.

But, as if to pour cold water on Arthur, he was dragged back into reality, soon realising that not everything can be perfect in this world as Esthera remanded him "if you use this type of contract, you must remember that you must only contract juvenile beast, because you can't make them loyal to you, and they can rebel and break free, which can put you in a lot of danger."

So, when you take a beast in, always take a juvenile beast and raise it yourself; that way, they will be loyal to you."
"You don't have to worry about a beast you raised from a juvenile, because that beast won't rebel against you and support you on its own... unless you killed its parents or destroyed its entire race."

Arthur immediately reassured her that he is not such a bad person and would never do something like this.

Esthera said with a smile "If you find yourself in this situation in the future, don't kill a beast's parents in order to take their child and then form a contract with it. Otherwise, there should be no issues."

Arthur nodded once more; he is not a heartless person and will never stoop so low; he has his own morale.

Arthur quickly remembered the soul tree and inquired of Esthera, "Can I form a contract with the soul tree right now?"

"The beast should be summoned outside of your soul sea to form a contract, at this moment neither you nor the tree are strong enough to do that," Esthera said, shaking her head.

The day was soon over.

The black turtle, which had been travelling for nearly thirty days without stopping, had finally arrived close to the exit portal.

(A/N: No turtle is harmed; it simply sleeps for the majority of the year, so staying awake for a month is normal for it, and it is also extremely strong.)

When Arthur awoke, he went outside, and as soon as he did, he discovered a massive portal floating in the air. The portal's interior was pitch black.

'Looks like we've arrived right in front of the portal,' Arthur thought to himself.

He noticed Ken, Zara, and Esthera sitting around a tea table, drinking tea as usual.

When Grandpa Ken saw Arthur appear, he said, "There are still a couple of hours left." Arthur nodded, it's been 41 days since he arrived here, he got attached with these three Arthur felt sad that he was going to be separated from them, even though he met Esthera only later, Esthera was like a mature Big sister, while Zara was the polar opposite to her as she was always in a joyful mood.

 

Arthur recognised Zara's attachment to Esthera and felt that Zara had known Esthera longer than she had known Ken.
Arthur was hankering for something to eat.

 

Despite the fact that he was not hungry, he felt as if half the purpose of his life had vanished because he was unable to eat anything here due to their 'warning.'

On the 13th day, his 'rations' that he had brought in were all gone.

To be honest, it should have ended sooner.

However, because Arthur had consumed all of the fruits for the first 11 days, he had no need to eat during that time.

After that, his rations only lasted two days, and by the 13th day, Arthur had essentially not eaten anything.

He could only survive because the soul tree absorbed manna and replenished his energy faster than he could consume it.

If he were in a higher rank, he would not need to eat anything, but because Arthur had only recently entered the iron rank, his body was not much different from that of any other normal person.

He would have died of hunger and been expelled from the mystic realm if it hadn't been for the soul tree.

Even if he didn't say it to anyone, it would have remained a thorn in his heart. If this information leaked out, his name would be etched in the annals of history, never to be erased by the passage of time, and people would remember him as a 'Legend' for all eternity.
Arthur would be the first to establish an unbreakable record in this category.

Even if such a thing did occur, it cannot be blamed on Arthur because everyone only stays in the mystic realm for 10 hours, whereas Arthur had to be here for more than a month.

Arthur still didn't know where he was, and he knew he shouldn't ask because of what Grandpa Ken had said to him previously.
After more than an hour of advice from three of them, Arthur bid them farewell and entered the portal.

Grandpa Ken quickly pulverised a tear that was slowly trying to peep out from the corner of his eyes after Arthur left.
Esthera and Zara said nothing to tease Ken.

"It appears that things are getting worse outside," Esthera said.

Ken nodded and said, "Looks like we should start moving, Zara, gather everyone."

Zara, in contrast to her usual demeanour, was solemn.

She nodded and started moving faster than the speed of light.

Ken knew everything that happened to Arthur outside the mystic realm; the only thing he didn't see coming was Arthur coming here instead of the trial grounds, but he was glad it did; otherwise, his instincts would not have kicked in if he had never met Arthur face to face.

Grandpa Instincts (A/N)

"Will he be okay?" Esthera inquired, her voice worried.

"He should be; if we try to protect him too much, it will be detrimental to his development; I just hope he will use the beacon immediately if he encounters any danger."

"Ahem, and what about those things you've sent out with him?" Esthera asked, smiling.

*Cough* *Cough*

Ken coughed and shifted his weight ".....Did you notice?

"It's always a good idea to have some insurance," Ken explained.

"If you're really concerned, we can bring him back and train him ourselves."

"As I've already stated, he needs to face some real-life dangers; it's fine if he doesn't end up in a life-threatening situation."

Esthera nodded and asked no further questions.

"Did you agree to give him your clan's last hope?"

Ken asked, turning around.

"Maybe if my clan was still around, that could be called hope," Esthera said, "but it's just gathering dust there, I won't mind if Arthur can use it."

"Even I am curious to learn more about it; your clan has guarded it like a supreme treasure for countless generations."

(A/N: Please leave some feedbacks as it will help me to improve and grow, Thank you.)

7