Chapter 13:Dragon of Life and Death
219 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Even I am curious to learn more about it; your clan has guarded it like a supreme treasure for millennia."

"I am more curious than you, we tried everything we could," Esthera replied helplessly.

Since Arthur's departure, several days had passed in that mystery realm.

Zara, who had gone out, was now on her way back, returning to their usual meeting place.

Figures of countless humanoid silhouettes trailed behind her.

In a location regarded as The Multiverse's Greatest Secret Kept Hidden

The most powerful forces that have ever existed, as well as beings depicted in Ancient Mythologies as Legends, began to congregate in one place.

Arthur, who was standing in the altar, had no idea what was going on.

As soon as he exited the portal, his body began to glow brightly; after a few seconds, the light gradually dimmed.

Something was churning in Arthur's sea of consciousness. He carefully observed his sea of consciousness. A cocoon condensed with manna was in the middle of his sea of consciousness, and it was slowly cracking.

A small piece of manna shell broke down and fell into his soul sea, where it quickly faded away.

A head slowly emerged from that small gap, its eyes wide with curiosity, and it looked around as if looking for something.

Arthur was overjoyed when he saw its appearance; Arthur could tell it was a dragon just by looking at its head.

Dragons are regarded as one of the most powerful creatures. Furthermore, based on Arthur's aptitude, the dragon he obtained cannot be compared to the dragons he was familiar with; if one could connect the dots and analyse carefully, they would soon come to the conclusion that the dragon should have a potential that no one in the world has ever seen or heard of,

Arthur was about to summon it right away, but he came to a halt and carefully examined the egg, many question marks flashing through his mind.

As Arthur was carefully observing it, another crack appeared on the egg, this crack was on the opposite side to the first crack, another piece of the egg broke and fell into his soul sea and vanished, a head similar to the previous one popped out from the freshly formed hole, the only difference being that one was pitch black in colour and the other was a pale snow white colour.

The white head that first appeared approached the black head and began to rub its head against the black one's neck. The egg shell gradually deteriorated and crumbled. The thing that appeared was a dragon, but it wasn't like the dragons he'd seen or heard about before.

The first thing that stood out were its two heads.

The second was that one side of the dragon was completely black, while the other was completely white.

They were both contradictory.

Arthur couldn't stand it any longer, so he summoned the dragon.

When the dragon first appeared, both heads of the dragon looked at Arthur with interest, and an indescribable feeling welled up in their hearts when they saw Arthur for the first time.

The dragon immediately moved both of its heads closer to Arthur and smelled him. Their eyes brightened and they began to wag their tails while rubbing both of their heads on Arthur's leg.

The dragon was not large; its current size can only be compared to a normal house cat, but that is irrelevant.

When compared to wild beasts, beasts contracted by humans have certain advantages. For example, beasts contracted by humans will grow at a faster rate than their wild counterparts. And the beasts given by the mystic realm are naturally superior to the beasts born naturally because they are born specifically to support the beast tamer.

There was already an exit portal on top of the altar for Arthur to return, but he decided not to do so for the time being because he remembered something important that he needed to do, which was to form a contract based on what sister Esthera said.

Even the devices used to scan the aptitude of the beast cannot determine the race of the beast; the best it can do is cross-reference the existing database that has been compiled over many years.

Currently, it is uncommon for an unknown beast to appear; obviously, beasts above Tier 5 exist, and there must be countless Tier 4 beasts that have not appeared in his world from what he has learned.

And another important thing he learned was that he didn't have to worry about people finding out about his talent or the beast's star level when they measured the beast's aptitude in the lobby. Grandpa Ken explained to him that these types of devices used to measure power level have a common weakness, they can't measure aptitude like the mystic realm do.

It works on the basis of all the information it has gathered, and anything above a certain limit will only show the maximum level, which is tier 5 in Arthur's world, and that is the highest tier that the device can measure.

Because of all the records it has gathered and analysed, it can usually accurately measure up to tier 4. Compared to tier 5, which only appears once every decade, tier 4 are not as rare, so they have a lot of records and details to work with, and even a reading that is slightly higher than the usual tier 4 will show tier 5.

For readings that are slightly higher than the usual tier 4, the device will show it as tier 5. This is why some people's beasts show tier 5 but the beast tamer has a tier 4 talent.

However, they are still a tier 4 beast and not a tier 5 beast, but they have an extremely high aptitude and perform neither worse than a tier 5 beast with a low aptitude.

So, when the data reaches the extreme limit, the rank usually rises a level, but what if the device is unaware of or has not recorded anything above tier 5?

When there are no records to refer to, the highest level it can display is tier 5.

Based on that, when Arthur's beast is measured, it will only show a 5 star aptitude. Although readings may show it as tier 5, this tier 5 is at the extreme end of the spectrum when compared to the beasts that they have measured thus far.

This is why Grandpa Ken said that no one will find out about his talent unless he speaks up and brags about it.

The devices used to assess aptitude can only show tier 5, though for Arthur it will show that he is at the far end of the spectrum. So Grandpa Ken was unconcerned.

According to Grandpa Ken's vast knowledge, humans have not yet advanced sufficiently in terms of technological advancement to compete with the system used by the mystic realm.

So, whatever Arthur's beast's aptitude is, the device can only display tier 5 and will not display something like a '????'.

Arthur decided to make the contract in the mystic realm before leaving, just to be safe.

He doesn't want anyone seeing him sign a contract with his first beast.

If someone saw that, they might think he was insane, because forming a contract with their first beast would only put unwanted shackles on the beast.

After seeing the beast, Arthur had some qualms about where he should draw the contract pattern; if he drew the contract on each head separately, would he be able to contract each one separately and thus obtain two skills?

Or will he contract two of them at the same time, depending on where he drew the contract pattern?

Can this beast even be classified as two beasts? Arthur was perplexed because no one could answer his question right now. As a result, he must learn about it on his own.

To be honest, things should not have ended this way; it was the fault of none other than big sister Zara.

Even Zara did not predict such a result because no one had ever contracted a beast in a mystic realm before Arthur.

The dragon was not supposed to be twin-headed, but because Arthur contracted the soul tree in the mystic realm, it resulted in this situation.

Arthur could understand and guess what had happened if he thought about what Grandpa Ken had said. 'Where did the beasts come from?' Arthur inquired of Grandpa. According to Grandpa Ken, they are formed when a person's soul crystal is created.

So, when Arthur first touched the crystal to determine his aptitude, the barrier that prevented the formation of one's soul crystal was broken, and his soul sea was born; at that time, the beast that Arthur would receive was already determined. The only thing that had not yet been determined was the bloodline's quality or, more precisely, where the beast's aptitude lies on a specific spectrum.

So it was predetermined when Arthur's soul sea was first created, and it was supposed to be two separate dragons rather than a twin headed dragon.

However, when he contracted the soul tree, the original two contract spots were reduced to one, causing a mutation that resulted in the merging of two souls, resulting in such an anomaly.

This is not a bad thing because, even though their souls are combined, their consciousness remains separate.

Even if the two conscious minds are present in the same body and their souls have been combined into a single soul, they are still considered two separate entities with their own affinity and skill sets.

Arthur knelt and picked up the dragon with both hands.

Both heads began to rub against Arthur's cheek after he picked up the dragon. Arthur smiled and sat down, still clutching the dragon. He placed it gently on his lap.

Even though they are the strongest species, the baby dragon is extremely vulnerable now, and if Arthur slipped up and let the dragon fall, even at such a low height of less than five feet. Its bones could break, so he had to be careful with it.

After setting the dragon down, he considered where to draw the pattern, shook his head, and abandoned the idea of drawing the contract on its head, fearful that something would go wrong.

But Arthur was overthinking at this point; even if he drew the contract on only one of the dragon's heads, it would still apply to both of them; the contract is based on one's soul, not consciousness, and because the dragon has only one soul, he can only form one contract with it.

Arthur turned the dragon around on his lap so that the dragon's chest was facing him. The dragon looked at him with interest but did not resist. He bit his finger and began to draw a circle on the dragon's chest. Arthur chose to draw the contract on the dragon's chest because it was broad and he thought it was the perfect place.

Following the formation of the circle The usual contract would have ended after drawing the star and connecting it with the circle, but Arthur did not connect them yet. After completing the star, he drew another circle in the middle of the star he first drew, and then he drew another star in the middle of the circle. And it was followed by another circle, but this time he did not draw a star in it; instead, he drew a symbol that he can't comprehend.

After drawing the symbol, Arthur began to connect it from one of its ends, continuing to connect the symbol with the circle until he completed the first connection.

Arthur bit down his finger again as the previous cut dried out, and he continued to draw the second connection, then the third, the fourth, and finally the fifth. He had drawn five lines connecting the symbol and the circle that passed through each corner of the star since the star had five edges.

The contract circle that Arthur had drawn began to glow brightly as soon as he connected the final node. He felt as if the already existing connection between him and the dragon had been strengthened slightly.

When the contract was finally signed, a blue screen flashed in front of Arthur's eyes, startling him, and a mechanical voice sounded in his head.

[Congratulations to the host! Contracted the 'Twin-headed Dragon: Dragon of Life and Death' successfully]

Then, in front of Arthur's eyes, a status screen similar to the one before appeared, but the contents were different.

[

Name:?????

Species: Dragon[Juvenile]

Sub species: Twin-headed dragon-Dragon of life and death.

Skills:

I)Ruler of the Light

(As one of the supreme elements, when attacked by other attacks of different affinities, the damage is reduced by 50%, the damage received by attacks using life elements is reduced by 80%, and the damage received by attacks using death elements is increased by 50%.)

II)Death Ruler

(As one of the supreme elements, when attacked by other attacks of different affinities, the damage is reduced by 50%, the damage received by attacks using death elements is reduced by 80%, and the damage received by attacks using life elements is increased by 50%.)

III)The absolute monarch

(The combination of two supreme elements with opposing affinity resulted in the birth of a new skill—the absolute monarch.)

Damage caused by all affinities, including life and death, will be reduced by 80% (physical attacks are not affected).

IV)Extreme growth-

1)As a supreme element and ruler of the supreme element of life, the dragon can increase the vitality of all living beings, heal injuries, and speed up the recovery rate.

2) As the supreme element of death's ruler. The dragon has the ability to steal the vitality of all living beings and use it to increase its strength based on the amount of vitality (life force) stolen.

].

 

(A/N: I've set up a Patreon page where you can get early access to new releases.

All contributions will be used to improve the novel.

Thank you very much))

8