Chapter 14: Mike
208 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur was becoming numb as a result of all the shocks he had received over the previous month, and his common sense was being overwritten. If this kept happening, he'd soon be in a state of ignorance. Arthur shook his head, chasing away all his illogical thoughts.

 

But, to be honest, these skills are quite overpowered; one must remember that the beasts are usually born with skills corresponding to their basic affinities, and they will learn or acquire powerful skills only when they grow up, and the skills that they can learn will be based on their level; they cannot learn skills that are too overpowered and end up being unable to use at their current level.

So, if the skills that they are born with, which are considered basic skills, are this overpowered, then the skills that they can learn will be much stronger as well, but the difficult part is to search for this skill, the skills that beasts usually acquire are bloodline skills and basic skills, but if they wanted to learn new skill they have to search and find them, obviously there is also the possibility of inventing a new skill on their own.

 

However, in order to do so, they must be masters of that element, which will not happen anytime soon, and Arthur should disregard it for the time being.

Suddenly, Arthur felt something forming in his soul sea; upon closer inspection, he discovered that light and dark particles were slowly condensing in his soul sea, next to the soul tree, and even the soul tree was creating and sending the light and dark particles towards the place where they were condensing. Arthur realised what was going on right away.

 

Every time a beast tamer acquires a beast. A suitable dwelling place will be formed in the best tamer's sea of consciousness; this place will be of the same affinity as the beast, and it will improve the beast's growth as well as aid in its recovery.

The energy required for this place to function does not appear out of thin air, which is why a beast tamer must cultivate and absorb manna.

 

However, things were a little different in Arthur's case because the soul tree was assisting him; it gathers energy and distributes it to the soul sea on its own; the amount of manna that the soul sea can gather obviously cannot be compared to Arthur, as one can be considered a mountain and the other an ant.

 

However, if one recalls, the soul tree did not form any domain when it was born in his sea of consciousness. Arthur, too, had this doubt, so he asked Zara about it back then.

"Your entire sea of consciousness is its domain, and it's the overlord there; it'll shelter all your beasts and help them grow while providing everything they need in the sea of consciousness," Zara explained to Arthur.

 

'As I suspected, that tree is an absolute monstrosity, and its abilities are ridiculously overpowered,' said Arthur, who was now convinced that these abilities belonged to a cheat character.

 

So, let's get back to the present.

The environment suitable for the dragon is being built slowly; it usually takes several days to complete, and if one wants to speed up the process, they must use manna stones to absorb more energy and thus speed up the pace. But Arthur couldn't even consider such things because it would be like bringing RC planes to race against fighter jets.

 

The first thing to notice is that Arthur's soul sea is absurdly large. At his level, his soul sea should be the size of a small lake, not an entire planet. A beast tamer's soul sea should be filled to the brim with Manna, the more the merrier. When a soul sea is formed, there will be little manna left in the soul sea's atmosphere, so the beast tamer will need to spend some time filling the soul sea.

If Arthur decided to do it on his own, based on his current level and the size of his soul sea, it could take several years; if he has to do it in the normal way, the only way to reduce the time is to use special treasures.

 

However, because of the presence of such a monster rooted in his soul sea, Arthur did not need to do anything; his soul sea was already filled to the brim on the first day, and the ridiculous thing is that it is considered a sapling.

The reason Arthur did not receive any skill from the dragon was because he did not yet have any skill. The skills can only be exchanged if he has something to give in return, as it is based on the principle of equivalent exchange.

 

(A/N: the contract is not a master-slave agreement, but rather a contract between two partners.)

 

Arthur calmed his heart after sorting through all of his thoughts. When his aptitude was tested, there might be some commotion, so Arthur should not let his emotions slip by.

Arthur's vision soon became filled with bright light, and he could hear people's voices. He was now back in the lobby.

Some students were waiting in line in front of a device some distance away from the portal.

Arthur became aware of a familiar voice behind him.

 

"Huh?"

 

Arthur swung around.

 

"Is there anything good?"

 

Arthur shrugged his shoulders and smiled mysteriously, saying, "You'll find out soon."

 

"Are you attempting to be enigmatic?"

 

"And how about you?"

 

Arthur responded by deflecting the question.

 

"Same here," Mike replied, smiling.

 

Mike could tell Arthur was different from his usual aloof self, but he didn't ask any questions.

While,

 

'Don't worry, this big boss will take care of you,' Arthur thought to himself.

 

Soon after, they both joined the queue, and Arthur let Mike stand in front of him so he wouldn't break his friend's heart with his dazzling results.

 

It was soon Mike's turn.

 

At the moment, no four-star beasts have emerged from their school, and all of them are only three stars. Seeing this result, the school in charge who tagged along with them was a little disappointed; more than 90% of their students had been tested, and there had been no tier 4; this had been the case for the previous two years.

 

If this continued this year as well, their school will be in quite a tough spot, the kingdom usually increases resources for the academies that can produce a tier 4 talent, this increased resources is not only for students but for the teachers as well,

 

The teacher who came along with them this time is Mr.Andrei,

 

Mr.Andrei lost most of his hope as the probability of a 4-star beast appearing is quite minuscule and, only less than 10% of the students were left at this point. While all these depressing thoughts were running through his mind he heard a commotion,

 

He turned around to see what was causing the uproar. He felt his legs tremble and his heart flutter as soon as his eyes landed on the area where there was a lot of commotion.

 

He noticed his student Mike, who was standing near the device, had a golden dragon perched on his shoulder.

 

"Does that look like a golden dragon?" A student inquired.

 

"Damn, even among dragons, that is considered the top tier."

 

"At the very least, it should be on the higher end of Tier 4 and possibly even Tier 5."

 

"Wait, Tier 5?" There has never been a two-tier 5 appear in the same decade in the kingdom."

 

"Shhhh, quiet down, they'll soon test its aptitude, so don't make any unwelcome assumptions." Mr. Andrei chastised them; they were all from the same academy as Arthur and Mike. So they were all a little depressed because it wasn't them, but they were still happy because if one of their classmates had gotten a tier 4 beast, their friend might be able to help them and they would have indirect backing if they were in a tight spot.

Even though the students were disappointed, they knew that if they worked hard and obtained some treasures to evolve their beast, they would not be considered any less than someone who naturally awakened as a tier 4 talent.

 

Mr. Andrei, their teacher, was the one who had the most excitement. He even started having wild dreams about what would happen if Mike actually got Tier 5; he would undoubtedly get a pay raise and possibly even be rewarded with additional resources. This brats kindled his spirit by discussing while standing next to him, and he soon shook his head and calmed down. It would be a shame if he got his hopes up only to find out that it was all for naught.

This brats kindled his spirit by discussing while standing next to him, and he soon shook his head and calmed down. It would be a shame if he got his hopes up only to find out that it was all for naught.

 

Arthur, who was standing next to Mike, raised his eyebrows and thought to himself, 'looks like this guy got lucky.'

 

Mr. Andrei watched Mike place his beast in the testing pod with fiery eyes, hope still burning deep within him. Letters began to appear on the screen shortly after.

 

Gasp

 

Mr. Andrei sucked cold air into his mouth.

 

He felt his heart stop for a brief moment before resuming its rapid beat.

 

He felt that if he didn't kneel down and scream, all of his nerves connected to his brain would burst due to blood pressure, as his heart was currently beating at such a high rate.

 

Mr. Andrei was overjoyed, so he grabbed his phone and dialled the academy's president to inform him of the good news.

 

However, when he took out his cell phone, he discovered that it had no signal. He was about to figure it out when he heard loud footsteps.

 

When Mike's result was displayed, unlike the others, a staff member sitting at the desk was unusually calm; if anyone had seen her, they would have obviously been suspicious.

 

This is the beginning of a possible legend. How could someone be so composed?

 

Nobody seemed to notice her action. As soon as the result was displayed, that staff member pressed a button hidden beneath the desk. Everyone's phone signal was completely cut off when she pressed the button.

 

Outside the dome, at the same precise moment she pressed the button.

 

Outside:

 

The patrolling guards, as well as the guards who were resting,

 

Everyone began to move quickly, people outside the dome were cleared, and a barricade was erected, leaving a kilometer-long perimeter outside the dome completely devoid of people.

 

Guards in shining armour stood guard around the dome, quickly establishing five defence lines. The four lines were made up of guards wearing shining armour, but the final defence line was unique. People who were standing far away from the barricade were all taken aback by what they saw because they had not expected to see such a thing.

 

The final phrase Was occupied by four beasts, each of which stood around the dome, blocking all four sides.

 

Even a fly couldn't get past the defensive formation.

 

When people saw these, they knew something significant had occurred, and it was not difficult for them to deduce that it had something to do with the awakening, as they had formed a barrier around the building that housed the mystic realm.

 

But,

 

They were all taken aback by the appearance of these four beasts. They've all heard about it and know who owns these beasts.

 

Unbeknownst to those stranded here,

Something even more bizarre was happening outside the kingdom capital.

 

In a city that was far away from the capital, Many flying beasts began to take off in a rush, and on each of them an important officials of the city can be seen on their back,

 

people who saw these important figures rushing over somewhere thought that a beast tide have occurred,

 

but instead of going out of the city, all the beasts landed in the ground of an academy, the city lord of the city and his guards all went to an unremarkable room,

 

As soon as the city lord went inside the room, he pulled down a lever.

 

Outside the room, his guards were all standing guard with their weapons, preventing anyone from approaching...

 

Similar things were happening in different parts of the kingdom, and in each of those cities, the city lord was currently standing inside similar rooms that belonged to an academy. All of these academies had one thing in common: their students were in the kingdom capital today to awaken their beast taming talent.

 

At the same time that all of this was happening,

 

The crowd in the capital that was standing further away from the defence perimeter was all discussing, all of them had an inkling of what had happened, and they were all shocked.

 

They can confirm their thoughts easily by seeing the beasts that were standing outside guarding the dome-shaped building, and could understand the gravity of the situation.

 

"Looks like someone has awaken a five-star talent"

 

"Is it the second one in the same year".

 

"Yeah, looks like we could expect an increase in our kingdom's battle power soon".

 

"I heard that the reason why guard captain is here is that the king is currently busy with something"

 

"Yeah, who would have expected that such a thing would occur when the king is not here"

 

"Maybe they are worrying too much, who would dare to enter the capital of all the places to touch one of our children".

 

They can easily confirm their thoughts by seeing the beasts guarding the dome-shaped building outside, and they can understand the gravity of the situation.

 

"It appears that someone has awoken a five-star talent."

 

"Is this the second one this year?"

 

"Yeah, it appears that our kingdom's battle power will be increasing soon."

 

"I heard the guard captain is here because the king is currently preoccupied with something."

 

"Yeah, who would have expected such a thing to happen when the king isn't here?"

 

"Perhaps they are overly concerned; who would dare to enter the capital of all places to touch one of our children?"

 

Despite the fact that there were some incidents that harmed the kingdom's children.

 

When compared to neighbouring kingdoms, their kingdom was the safest for the most part, and a tier 5 talent is so important that they will not slack off in protecting them.

 

Everyone nodded; entering the capital is like entering the lion's den; who knows what the capital is hiding, and it can't really rely on one person to hold it; if that were the case, it would be detrimental to the kingdom's growth.

 

But, at a time like this, if the king was present, they would have felt more secure, because who knows how many crazy people are out there who might see this as an opportunity.

6