Chapter 15:The armored Titans
217 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They didn't have to be concerned about the children's safety for the time being because their guard captain was present. Their source of assurance is right in front of their eyes, like an impregnable fortress.

The people who saw those four beasts were all taken aback, as, for the majority of them, this was the first time they had seen the beasts belonging to the guard captain; normally, no one was allowed to summon the beasts inside the city, including the city lords, so they had never had the opportunity to see such high-ranking beasts.

These were all High diamond ranked beasts, only one rank lower than their king.

These beasts, however, were not dragons or phoenixes; they were all humanoid creatures.

The four beasts all had the same appearance; they were covered from head to toe in golden armour with red symbols etched on them, and each of them had two horns on top of their heads, which were also covered in golden armour.

Each of the four beasts wielded a massive shield the size of them, as well as a massive labrys (double-sided ax(axe)).

People would not have been hyped this much if that was all there was to it.

But it was about the size of the four beasts, each of which stood domineeringly dwarfing the massive dome-shaped building and stood more than 100 metres tall.

"They're all armoured titans," someone in the audience remarked.

"Damn, so those are the armoured titans the guard captain spent his entire life savings on."

These armoured titans were discovered in a special mystic realm that belonged to the kingdom; the reason why the guard captain has four armoured titans is due to its special skill; when an armoured titan is attacked, the damage is shared equally by all four; if one cannot kill all four armoured titans at the same time, he can forget about breaking its defence.

These types of abilities are rare, and can only be found in the beast that fights in a group or a pack, they form a special connection with the beast of its pack.

not only these four beasts can share the damage that they receive but can also share all their senses.

the pieces of equipment or artefacts that they wear or not something that was forged but something that they were born with and the artefacts will continue to get stronger as they grow, that's the reason for its name 'Armoured titan' and not because they wear armour,

Some beasts can wear armour as well, but the majority of them are forged specifically for them. There are even beasts out there that can forge equipment, and they are even more specialised in this; those beasts can even make top-tier gears that humans cannot make with their advanced technologies.

The majority of armour is manufactured in factories using specialised machines because it is less expensive to do so.

People only go to the forger or blacksmith if they have unique materials that can be used to create equipment and can customise it to fit them perfectly.

Now, let's get back on track:

To use this special ability, four armoured titans from the same pack had to be present.

This skill has a special condition to activate it, which is that it requires four armoured titans to activate, and another beast cannot be added or removed, no more or less.

Others, unlike Arthur, can only contract one beast per level. As a result, the guard captain had to give up four of the five beasts he had originally in order to contract these armoured titans.

However, the resources he spent on the previous four beasts were not squandered because those beasts were given to his family heirs.

A beast tamer can contract a beast one realm above him, so the Guard captain had no trouble finding someone from his family. However, people rarely get their hands on such a beast with a higher level because capturing a beast above one's realm is a difficult task unless they get help from an expert who is above a realm. There are pet stores and people who specialize in this field, but one cannot get a specific beast and these beasts are also sold for a premium.

People said that the guard captain had spent all of his savings on these beasts because when they were caught, they were of high gold rank.

He would not have been able to capture them if it had been in a diamond rank, as it is now.

These beasts were all considered high-grade beasts with four-star aptitude; if they weren't, they couldn't reach Diamond rank, and even if they could, the number of resources required for each breakthrough to reach Diamond rank would be multiple times higher.

People were discussing enthusiastically in the crowd when, unbeknownst to them, a black figure hiding in the shadows among the people began to move, it moved carefully between shadows and soon escaped the city, and no one noticed its presence...

Inside the dome-shaped building, everyone was speechless because one of the city's strongest people was standing there, and multiple guards were surrounding the children who were waiting in line to test the beast's aptitude."

"Check the details of all the staff present here and the teachers who accompanied the students," said the guard captain, "and if you find anything suspicious, thoroughly investigate them."

There was no mention of checking the students because the majority of them are unawakened, and those who have awakened are all newbies; he couldn't imagine these newbies causing any harm to the guards. Furthermore, he did not want to put the children in any unnecessary danger.

Mike quickly calmed down; this unexpected turn of events surprised him; he expected only a minor commotion and that would be the end of it.

After calming down, Mike turned around and approached Arthur's ear, saying quietly, "Don't worry, this big boss will take care of you."

Arthur could only roll his eyes as he saw this guy, who was about to be dragged back by the guard captain for his own safety, cracking jokes at this time.

He considered saving some face for his friend. But it appears that he will be beyond saving if this continues. He realised that he needed to intervene to bring him back to reality.

"Heh, we'll see who the big boss is," Arthur smirked.

Mike's expression changed when he heard his words.

....

The guard captain standing next to Mike had the most strange expression; as someone in the diamond rank, his senses were extremely sharp, and although Mike and Arthur were speaking in such a low voice where they both struggled to hear and understand what the other party said.

The guard captain was perplexed by the current situation; two five-star beast tamers appearing in a decade is already a rare occurrence that they had never heard of; if three of them appeared in a decade, he would obviously be overjoyed; each five-star beast tamer is a national treasure.

Even if the results aren't immediate, their kingdom could have another three beast tamers of at least diamond rank like him in 30 to 40 years.

Around 50 beast tamers with five-star aptitude have been awakened since the current king ascended the throne.

The guard captain is also a five-star beast tamer.

That's why he felt even more strange; what if more people started awakening five-star talent from now on? Would he lose his special status and respect, and would he have to compete for resources with these young ones?

That would be a tragedy.

The reason he wasn't able to reach master level was because all of his beasts needed to reach master level.

Leaving these four beasts aside, he still has two beasts that he has not summoned out yet, and both of them are of master level; he may reach master rank in less than ten years as the four armoured titans may soon breakthrough; ten years may be considered long for normal people, but for someone like the guard captain, it's just like months passing by.

Everyone waited for the guard captain to take Mike away when it was Arthur's turn. But he remained motionless, holding Mike's shoulder as if someone would grab Mike away and flee.

When it was Arthur's turn, he approached the crystal pod and summoned his dragon. Everyone's attention was drawn to it as soon as it was summoned, but everyone mumbled silently with their friends because the guard captain was still standing there.

When the Guard captain saw the dragon, he raised his eyebrows and muttered, "Two-headed dragon?"

There were no two-headed dragons in the kingdom, and only legends about dragons with multiple heads existed. And they were depicted as beasts more powerful than dragons with a single head, with each of their heads containing different elements.

Obviously, these legends are just children's stories, and no one imagined that one would actually appear one day.

Arthur quickly placed the dragon in the crystal pod, but he was still nervous because he was worried about the outcome, what if it revealed something strange, even though Ken had assured him, Arthur still had some doubts.

The outcome was quickly revealed.

*Gasp*

Everyone took a deep breath to try to calm their racing hearts.

Another five-star beast tamer?

Everyone wondered, 'Why hasn't any tier 4 appeared today until now from this batch?' There are already two five-star beast tamers, both of which are dragons, one of which is even a twin-headed dragon.

Is there a special offer going on in the mystic realm that they could take advantage of to raise their rank?

What about this fellow?

Did he get a buy one, get one free deal?

Even the staff lady, who was always calm, was taken aback.

Perhaps their kingdom will enter a much more prosperous era?

"Arrange for lodging for everyone here, and no one will leave the city until we have verified everything."

When compared to before, the situation became twice as difficult.

Nobody said anything, and to be honest, they couldn't.

The guard captain soon brought Arthur and Mike along.

Some of the guards, including the four armoured titans, remained stationed inside and around the Dome-shaped building.

Normally, things would not have turned out this way, but this time they must be extra cautious because the king has entered a high-ranking mystic realm and will not be able to return quickly. If someone planned to do something while he is away, they would be in big trouble.

They soon arrived in front of a room in the dome-shaped building.

"You'll both be staying here, and in the meantime, you can decide which academy you want to attend.

When you make your decision, I will arrange for your family to be relocated to the campus as well "...

"Lucas, bring some books with information about all the top academies for Mike and Arthur," the guard captain said.

The guard captain turned around and left after completing his task.

This special protection is only available until they arrive at the academy; once there, they won't have to worry about anything.

Many staff members, including the academy's head, will be of diamond rank. And that will suffice once they are inside the kingdom.

The current situation is primarily the result of the king's absence. Someone may believe they have an opportunity and may act tonight because today is the best time to act if they decide to take action.

He locked everyone up here because he obviously knew that people would have guessed that a five-star beast tamer had awakened, but only the people inside knew that two people had awakened as beast tamers with five-star aptitude.

His speculations were correct.

right now, just outside the city gate,

A shadow was moving quickly, and after more than a dozen kilometres, it came to a stop.

As soon as it stopped, a tunnel appeared next to it in the ground, and the shadow quickly jumped in; as soon as the shadow jumped in, the tunnel automatically closed; after nearly 5 seconds of falling without making any noise, the shadow dispersed, and a lean man with blonde hair stood.

"How was it?" a man sitting in front of a blue screen asked, not turning around.

"The information we received is correct; the king is not currently in the city."

"Have you discovered who has awakened with a five-star talent in the royal family?"

"No, the information is still classified; I was unable to obtain any information about it, but..."

"?"

"It appears that another one has awoken with a five-star talent."

The man sitting in front of the blue screen immediately showed a surprised expression on his face.

"Who is it?" he exclaimed excitedly.

"I was unable to determine that person's identity, but I have compiled a list of all the academies whose students were scheduled to awaken today."

"Good enough, the king isn't here, and now is the best time to strike..."

He clearly articulated that hacking those school databases would be simple, so he quickly obtained the list from the slender man and started working.

After a minute

"Damn it, these schools can't even maintain their database system properly, it's down," grumbled the man, "what great kingdom and best academies they couldn't maintain their server properly."

"We can recheck this one later, but if you still can't get it, let's send some of our people to that academy and get it directly from there." "Hmmmmm," the lean man said.

After another two minutes,

"No, this one is down as well," he began to have doubts.

"No"

...

"No, No"

...

"No, No"

...

"Those jackasses!!!"

"They turned off all the servers."

8