Chapter 16: Shooting Spot
196 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"They turned off all the servers."

??

Even though the officials were confident in their firewall, it was better to be safe than sorry, so they decided to shut down all of the academies' servers.

How could anyone attempt to hack something that isn't even connected to anything?

(A/N: No, there is no beast in this world that can control and hack into computers, also known as mechanical life forms.)

If someone could really hack into the kingdom's server, it would have already happened.

There are a lot of people who are constantly monitoring the kingdom's server and database, and if they find anything, they will take action right away.

"Send some of our men to check on one of those academies; there's no need for them to get any closer; just ask them to observe from a distance," said the man in front of the system.

The lean man took out his phone and began dialling.

To be safe, he did not bring his cell phone to the city. If he was caught, his details and background could be traced back to him, so he was careful not to reveal anything.

He notified two people from two different cities and asked them to observe from afar and inform him immediately if they discovered what was going on.

5 minutes later.

When the lean man received a call, he stood up perplexed and solemnly asked, "What the heck is going on?"

The man in front of the computer turned around and inquired.

"so?"

"All of the city lord's guards are in the academy."

Hearing this, even the man sitting in front of the computer was taken aback, and his expression became solemn as if he was thinking about something.

He soon began to laugh.

"Hahahahah"

The lean man looked at him and mumbled, "It finally gave up."

"That's why I warned you to take some time off."

These two men are brothers from a clan outside the kingdom who came here for reconnaissance purposes, as one specialised in stealth and the other in hacking technologies.

The man in front of the computer is Ben, the elder brother, and the man in the background is Ren, the younger brother.

(A/N: Of course, I spent a lot of time brainstorming a good name.)

"Idiot, have you become senile and your brain stopped working, did you not understand what this current situation implies?" Ben asked, pausing.

"What?"

"Because no one is strong enough to protect the newly awakened individual, they are doing everything they can to keep others from finding out." If we make a move now, we can get our hands on this person, and if we can get our hands on a five-star beast tamer, we can finally raise our clan." Ben stated.

"But there must be multiple Diamond ranked beast tamers, and even that master ranked beast tamer from the royal family may still be there, even if the king isn't there right now, they can't be underestimated."

Ren attempted to explain to his brother.

"Yes, you are correct."

After a few seconds, Ben began to think.

"Don't worry, I've got a plan."

Send out a message to everyone; there should be a lot of people interested in a five-star beast tamer."

"So, what about our clan?"

"First, let's get ahold of that person, then we can think about it."

"They both began to work soon after, spreading this news with the help of their clans' higher-ups."

This information was not unique to them; multiple people obtained it around the same time and attempted to hack the servers, but they quickly discovered that they were unable to access the servers.

When they sent people to find out what was going on, they were left speechless by the outcome; they also know that the kingdom is not at full strength right now, and if they wanted to strike, now would be the best time.

But no one was willing to make the first move and ended up being a scapegoat as they were still afraid; if they make a move, they should succeed and leave no trace if they were traced back, then that old man......!

A shiver ran down everyone's spine as memories of the past resurfaced in their minds

If they were discovered, they would be destroyed. Obviously, not everyone was afraid of the king; there were other old monsters in this world who had the confidence to deal with the current king as well.

The two brothers were also aware that the information was not unique to them and that it could have been discovered by others, so they asked to form a partnership and then decide who would take the five-star beast tamer.

Because a five-star beast tamer is too enticing for them, most of the people were willing to bet everything they had. These people obviously had a method to make these awakened people submit to them, and that was to use a slave contract.

This contract can only be signed by awakened people because it uses one's soul and leaves a mark on the person's soul sea.

If the person who signed the contract violates the terms of the agreement, his soul crystal will be destroyed and he will perish.

This contract also has a limitation: the person who owns the contract can only be one level below the person with whom they want to sign the contract.

Even if the person reached the master rank, the contract would not be broken if the person to whom the contract is assigned is a master rank or even a diamond rank.

So, if they can find this newly awakened person, their clan or even their entire nation will benefit greatly, as these people are literally considered a resource mine.

They must first invest in them, giving them all kinds of resources to help them develop faster. Once they have reached a suitable level, they will make them go through all kinds of mystic realm to farm valuable high levelled resources and even catch some beasts alive, catching a beast alive is much more difficult than killing one, and some beasts will even kill themselves if caught alive.

The slave contract was not only used on five-star beast tamers; it was also commonly used on four-star beat tamers and three-star beast tamers.

If these people had known that not one, but two five-star beast tamers had awakened today, they would have dropped all prejudice and rushed there right away to do everything they could. This was a perfect opportunity that was tailor-made for them, and this time they could get a new high-level slave.

This contract is forbidden in Arthur's kingdom, and anyone found using it will be executed if proven guilty.

In the other kingdoms, however, the slave contract was treated as a common commodity; they referred to it as a work contract rather than a slave contract, and most people would have already signed this so-called 'Work contract.'

The only people who did not sign this type of contract were the nobles and royals.

As a result of this, many people refused to awaken their beast-taming talent, but they were all dragged and sent into the mystic realm.

And if they were awakened with any high-level talent, they would make them sign this 'Work contract' right away.

Even if one awakened two-star talent, their life would be even more miserable because they were only used as cannon fodder.

....

When the two brothers proposed combining forces and launching a joint attack, the others all agreed.

Around 100 diamond-level beast tamers gathered outside the kingdom's borders.

Even though each of these people has the qualifications to be a city lord in a tier 1 city, they were all here to kidnap a kid who had just awakened.

When the clock struck 11 p.m., all diamond-ranked beast tamers began to move.

2:20 a.m.

All of the diamond-ranked beast tamers had just arrived in the capital's vicinity, and they would be at the city walls in under a minute.

Suddenly, a bright light enveloped them, and they all vanished. A man stood at the top of the city wall, and after they all vanished, the man turned around and began to move leisurely to the inner city while whistling.

*phewwww sphewphewphew phew sphewphewphew phew sphewphewphew phew sphewphewphew phewww...

(A/N: this is a whistling sound; I looked for a reference but... ;))

Only the whistle sound and fading footsteps can be heard in the silent city, which was covered in darkness, and they were getting further and further away as time passed.

The man was none other than the guard captain.

The high-ranking military officials were already aware of a group of people quietly entering the kingdom.

-------------

In the colosseum near the main palace, a bright light appeared and the hundred people who disappeared outside the city wall appeared on the ground in the colosseum.

They all looked around vigilantly, one moment ago they were running as fast as they could and now they were here and the only thing they remembered was that they were enveloped by a white light.

As they were trying to find out, a bright spotlight suddenly appeared on one of the corners of the colosseum, under the spotlight, a young man flicked his hair and said in a 'Majestic tone' "Looks like you are all on…"

*Swoosh* *Swoosh*

The young man came to a halt and stared in disbelief at the hundred people standing in the centre of the Colosseum.

*Thud*

A loud thud could be heard.

At the same time, about a hundred heads fell to the ground.

The young man: *facepalm* (North).

(A/N: Northside of the Colosseum)

Another young man on the east side with a spear in his hand and a spotlight hanging above his head: *Facepalm*.

West…..*Facepalm*

south….*Facepalm*

Four young men stood around the four corners of the Colosseum, facepalming, and the entire place fell silent.

*Shoo*

They all exhaled heavily and turned around to look in a particular direction.

On one of the colosseum's top rows, a middle-aged man with a smirk on his face was wiping a small knife that was gleaming from the light reflected by a spotlight.

That middle-aged man was wiping the silver knife as if it had become soiled...

"Grandpa…."

Four agitated voices could be heard.

"If you're going to do that, why were you waiting for us to set everything up?"

"Thank goodness no one saw us, otherwise it would have been quite embarrassing," another young man standing on the east corner muttered under his breath.

The guard captain, who had just returned and was standing outside one of the entrances, silently teleported himself back a few hundred metres away from the Colosseum and began to walk towards it while whistling as if he hadn't seen anything.

The middle-aged man rose slowly and walked down the stairs.

"Get rid of everything before someone sees it," With a smirk, the middle-aged man began to walk forward.

Hearing his words, their eyelids twitched.

They had been planning this for hours and had even placed hundreds of cameras around the Colosseum to record, but their old man had to ruin their plans.

The cameras were set up solely for research purposes, not to be posted on social media for likes...

All four of these beast tamers are peak diamond ranked, and they are all the current king's grandsons.

No, the middle-aged man is not the king; he is the king's elder brother, who is said to be as powerful as the king.

They soon followed behind their grandfather. When the middle-aged man walked out of the Colosseum, the Guard captain who had 'just arrived' bowed down and said, "Your highness, that's all the people who entered through the border."

"Good, have someone clean up the mess and strike out all of their names, we got two 'Big fish' this time."

(A/N: There was a bounty list in the kingdom.)

Hearing this, the guard captain, as well as the young princes standing behind him, was taken aback.

They obviously understood what this "Big fish" meant, and they finally understood why their grandfather took action.

Initially, back then,

He had no intention of acting, but when the people were teleported there, he sensed the aura of two master-ranked beast tamers hiding among them.

Even though they were both weak in comparison to him, a master-ranked beast tamer is still a master-ranked beast tamer, and when combined with a hundred diamond-ranked beast tamer, something could go wrong, so he decided to act immediately.

5