Chapter 21: Forging a beacon
179 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The guard commander instructed the armoured titans to use their innate ability 'Combine.'

When all four armoured titans were in close proximity, they could use their innate ability "combine." When they activate this skill, all four shields would unite and cover all 360 degrees, producing an impenetrable spherical structure that would defend the one inside from all kinds of attacks, as nothing could get through until the barrier was destroyed.

They can't retaliate if they use this skill, but it provides the ultimate defence. Even if the guard captain could launch a counter-attack in the current situation, he wouldn't because he knew it wouldn't generate any significant results and would simply have a counter-effect, so the guard captain chose to calm down and figure up a better plan.

Lucas, Mike, and Arthur were all frozen in horror; everything was happening too fast for them to react; they expected to see cherry blossoms when they went outside. However, what they saw froze their blood, rendering them unable to react until now. Arthur had never felt the aura of a powerful person before, as everyone he had met withheld their aura, never releasing it in front of him, so this was the first time he felt the aura of such powerful people, and he happened to be in the presence of nearly a thousand diamond ranked beast tamers and a dozen master ranked beast tamers, which made him unable to react. This was not the combined power of a single country, but of the entire world.

Lucas was the first person to come out of shock. "Captain, what should we do?" he asked.

After a few seconds of deliberation, the captain explained, "I'll make an opening. You should get out of there as quick as possible. Don't ever look back. I can hold them here long enough for you to escape the coverage area of their spatial interference gadget."

The faint noises they had been hearing up until this point came to an abrupt halt, and a massive explosion shook the ground.

"Not good," 

Because all of these diamond-ranked beast tamers couldn't even leave a single mark on the shield, the master-ranked beast tamer began to make a move; if this continued, the shield could hold for another 30 to 40 minutes.

After hearing the captain's grave voice, Arthur awoke from his trance. He now recognised the gravity of the situation, and from what the guard captain mentioned, Arthur deduced that the guard captain had opted to sacrifice himself, but even after paying such a high price, their chances of survival were slim.

The guard captain summoned a beast, which appeared to be carved from black marble and had two ferocious blood-red eyes when it emerged from the summoning formation.

"Take them as far as you possibly can, Mia."

The black panther nodded reluctantly, its face solemn.

"Don't turn back, move as far as you can and smash this once it begins to shine brightly," the guard captain said, staring at Lucas, who was biting his lips as if he were controlling something.

The guard captain handed him a spherical crystal.

An integrated teleportation structure was made inside the sphere, with corresponding coordinates already engraved into it, making this crystal a kind of transport gate. This is a one-time-use device that can teleport the user and others around him to a given coordinate; it can transport up to five people at a time. They cannot, however, use the sphere at this time because it will not function due to the spatial disturbance. The guard captain can't accompany them since he needs to hold the rest of the people for at least a dozen breaths, and even if one of the master-ranked beast tamers decides to pursue them, the chances of them successfully escaping are almost nil, but this is the only viable option at the moment that has a slight chance of actually allowing them to escape.

His beast has the ability to perform a movement technique known as flash, which can push it hundreds of metres forward. The guard captain can only rely on the beast to save them, and this black panther is also a master-ranked beast. This is his second beast, and one of two master-ranked beasts he owns; if the other three escape from here, they will be brought directly to the palace, as this device is only utilised in emergency situations.

"Mia, if I am unable to return alive, you may return to our family or to the wild. You should do whatever you want "he told the black panther.

The black panther's eyes were moist, and it approached the guard captain and licked his face; it wanted to stay behind and fight, but it was ordered to accompany the others to safety.

When Lucas heard the guard captain's comments, tears flowed down his cheeks as he realised he couldn't do anything for the man he was supposed to protect, and all he could do was run and seek help.

Arthur, too, was at a loss for what to do, and his mind began to race.

'Damn it, why are things moving so quickly? If I had more time, I could even wipe the floor with these people.'

'At least if I had a month, I would have prepared the beacon and asked Grandpa for assistance; now I don't know if I can even construct anything and if it will even operate in this situation.'

Arthur began to think as soon as he calmed down, and he began to consider all possible solutions in the hopes of finding one that could help him to come out alive from this current situation, the best option at the moment being what the guard captain suggested, but even with that option, the chance of them surviving is pretty low, if not non-existent.

"Captain, how long will the shield last?" Arthur inquired abruptly, breaking the silence.

Both the guard captain and Lucas spun around and looked at Arthur, stunned; they were still trying to figure out a solution, but this person is asking as if he already had one.
"If the master rated beast tamers continue to attack, it can endure roughly another 30 to 40 minutes at most," the guard captain said.

The armoured titans could last this long because they are constructed for defence and are at peak diamond rank. Furthermore, because they were employing their inherent skill, they shared the burden and continued to cure the little internal injuries caused by all of the external attacks.

It would be impossible to execute such a thing without this particular talent.

These four armoured titans alone held thousands of diamond-ranked beast tamers and a dozen master-ranked beast tamers.

This was the reason why the guard commander chose to forego his diamond-ranked beasts and instead contract four gold-rank armoured titans.

Arthur decided to give it a shot after learning that there was ample time to work on it, so he approached the captain.

"Captain, Do you have any high-level metals, ores, or manna crystal? "..

The captain had no idea why he had asked such a question at this moment, but he still nodded, and he instantly poured out the contents of his ring, forming a little heap of high-level metals.

The captain was stockpiling metals because his armoured titans needed metal to enhance their armour and shields, so he had enough of high-level ones.

Arthur had some hope after seeing the pile of ores because there were a handful of metals that he required to forge, but the remainder was not there, but he didn't really expect to see everything, so he swiftly selected a few of the metals.

Arthur began fusing the metals with manna and reshaped the metal.

People don't use this way to forge because of the high manna consumption, but because Arthur had such a large sea of consciousness that was filled to the brim, he decided to squander some because they can't set up a forge here.

Both the guard captain and Lucas gazed at Arthur with astonishment; they could feel the amount of manna Arthur was using and were flabbergasted. This.... amount of manna is not appropriate for a newly awakened.

Damn it, even a gold-ranked beast tamer will have difficulty changing the structure of metals and alloys, and moreover, each of these is a high-level metal, and it's more difficult to do so, within a minute the metals that Arthur picked up, turned to a blob-like state, but they were not hot as each of the molecules were separated by the manna and not melted by heat, soon the impurities were removed from the metals

As the blob began to take shape and solidify, Arthur increased the manna he was infusing. It quickly took the shape of a cube, and he arranged the molecules of the metals in a way that made a unique pattern inside it, and there was a hole on one side of the cube.

Arthur completed the cube in a matter of minutes.
Both Lucas and Captain were already numb from the shock, and Lucas suspected that the amount of manna he used exceeded his complete reserve.

Mike.....poor Mike, he still stood there as if his soul had left the body, unable to awake from his trance after seeing thousands of people welcoming them.

Arthur quickly inserted the manna into the hole.

As soon as he inserted it in.....

5