Chapter 26:First Hunt
239 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur:"....."

Lara: "...."

"how much longer ?"

"Another hour"

Arthur:...!

Lara has refused to let him go, despite the fact that he has been awake for a few hours.

Another hour had passed.

"Didn't you say we should visit the Mystic Realm today?"

"We can go tomorrow"

Arthur:....?

'How could things get to this point so quickly?'

Arthur pondered in his mind.

Her cellphone began to ring , and she quickly rejected the call and cuddled back in.

'It appears that I will have to take action.' Arthur soon began to slide his hands inside the blanket as he thought in his head.

“Hehe”

Her body began to tremble, and she twisted around in an attempt to get him to stop. In the small amount of time he received, he stood up right away.

She pouted as she watched him flee from her grasp.

"Get ready; you've already stated that you've prepared everything for today, and it may all be for naught."

"If I had known, I would have postponed it a little," she whined.

Arthur couldn't help but shake his head.

She quickly jumped up and hugged him again, saying "Thank you," before tiptoeing up to give him a peck on the cheeks and winking at him.

She let him go, took a towel, and showed him a grin.

"I'll ask them to assist you."

"There's no need"

"Would you like me to accompany you?" She flashed a cute expression.

Arthur shook his head and dashed into the bathroom to shower.

"You've got to get accustomed to it," she exclaimed, laughing.

He shook his head after locking the door to keep the intruder out, thinking, 'I just tried a bit to console her, and now it led to this.'

With a smile on his face, Arthur proceeded to take a shower.

Next to the mirror, a battle outfit was already arranged.

He emerged after putting it on.

Lara was standing and spinning in front of the mirror with a basket in her hand and a large brown fedora on top of her head, when he came out and saw, he had a strange expression on his face. She was wearing an ankle-length skirt that was fluttering as she spun in front of the mirror.

When she saw him emerge, she instantly came to a halt and beamed at him.

"Are you going to show up in this outfit?"

Arthur inquired, a confused smile on his face; she appeared to be on her way to a picnic rather than to the mystic realm for a fight.

"No, it's for wearing in the mysterious realm, just for you to see," she giggled.

Arthur shook his head, knowing full well that he was the one who had gotten her so pumped this morning.

"Don't peek, close your eyes."

Arthur turned around.

“Hmph”

'As if I'd fall for your ploy,' Arthur thought to himself.

"All right, I'm ready."

Arthur turned around to see her, who had reverted to her previous appearance and was also dressed in a battle suit, also with basket missing.

"Don't worry, I've got it all packed?" She stated this while displaying her ring.

'Why should I be concerned?'

Arthur's eyes twitched as he sensed she was getting ready for a picnic rather than to practice.

Soon after, they exited the palace, and in the palace square, she summoned the enormous falcon once more, which they both sat atop, and it flew away.

They arrived at a campus after about 10 minutes of flying, but it was deserted and no one was there.

When Arthur saw the vacant campus, he had a sudden premonition, and he looked at Lara, who was acting all gracious as she walked steadily with him. When she felt his sight, she turned back and remarked seriously, "The Guards are still here."

Hearing it, Arthur did not ask any questions and walked quietly alongside her. They soon arrived at a strongly guarded structure, where upon seeing her, all the guards present bowed down and the gate automatically opened. Lara and Arthur both stepped in. The gate closed behind them as they walked in, and a massive black vortex spun slowly in front of them. She took Arthur's hand in hers and stepped forward.

As soon as Arthur opened his eyes, a bright sun shone over his face, and he emerged in what appeared to be a forest, but the forest was silent. Lara grabbed Arthur's hand and murmured, "Let's go deeper," but she did not summon her beast and instead continued walking. They arrived at a mountain range after about 30 minutes of walking and began to climb the mountain.

She came to a halt and looked at Arthur, saying, "Close your eyes, no peeking."

Arthur turned back as soon as he saw what she was up to.

“Hmph”

“Ok, ok you can turn around now”

When he turned back, he noticed her wearing a brown fedora and a white skirt that was above the knee length (Midi) and a bamboo basket in one of her hand.

She snatched a blanket from her ring and laid it on the ground, then grabbed Arthur's hands and dragged him over to sit with her.

"So you brought me here because of the scenery?" Arthur inquired, a weird smile on his face as he concluded that she must have come here for a picnic.

"No," she said emphatically, but her expression said otherwise: "Come here, you haven't eaten anything; how would you train on an empty stomach?" She sat him down next to her and took out the basket, starting to make sandwiches for him.

As he watched her, Arthur realised he wouldn't last long if things continued in this direction.

She quickly finished the sandwiches and neatly put them on a platter before handing them over to him.

Arthur took a nibble and found it to be delicious. She stared at him with anticipation in her eyes, and Arthur felt that if she continued to act in this manner, he would discard all prejudice against her.

He smiled as he nodded. When she saw this, she immediately showed her cheeks. "Give it to me!"

He approached her and gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

She was beaming from ear to ear after first time being complimented.

He looked at her and questioned, noting that she had not prepared anything for herself.

"I'll prepare something later," she responded with a smile.

As Arthur continued to eat, his expressions became stranger as she took all types of kitchen equipment and set up a modular kitchen in the midst of a forest, then she took a cube from her ring and clicked a button, and the cube began to expand, eventually turning into a hundred square foot room.

Arthur shook his head as he felt his assumptions were right.

Seeing Arthur’s gaze she smiled and said, we will be staying here for three days so I needed to be well prepared.

“Three days?”

“one day outside will be three days in here ”
Arthur shook his head, convinced in his assumptions.

She smiled as she met Arthur's eyes and continued, "We'll be here for three days, so I needed to be well prepared."

She took out a map and pointed out the sites that are good hunting spots in the mystic realm once she finished setting up. Arthur nodded and turned to go when she grabbed him and handed him a storage ring, which he accepted.

Looking inside, He discovered two sets of armour, several weapons, and a lunch box in the storage ring.

With a smile, she replied, "Come back soon, and I'll prepare something else for you."

As he started walking down the mountain, she stood there waving her hand.

Arthur arrived at the location given by Lara after nearly an hour.

It was a vast grassland with some wild bison grazing on it.

Arthur raised an eyebrow upon seeing the beasts  "Scarlet bison?"

Scarlet bison are renowned for their fierce charge, which has been observed to break down iron barricades. They are also far more robust than other iron-ranked creatures. Arthur began to consider that he couldn't simply charge in with a sword; if he did, he would be trampled to death. He glanced inside the ring and discovered a silver longbow and hundreds of arrows. Arthur looked around and soon spotted the largest tree in the area and climbed it. He could practically see the entire valley as he looked around.

He sat comfortably in an excellent spot on the tree and soon observed a bison grazing on the ground. He retrieved the longbow and a quiver of arrows. To test the bow, he stood up and held it steady.

"Good enough," Arthur mumbled, confident that his strength would allow him to effectively wield the longbow. He quickly took an arrow and used it to draw the string before releasing it.

Swoosh

The arrow was fired swiftly and pierced the bison in the eyes.

6