Chapter 29: System Store
228 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They both went outside and sat on the grass, where the full moon shone brightly, illuminating her face. She leaned on Arthur's lap, looking at him from below. In the moonlight, she appeared even more charming, and she giggled as he gently pinched her nose. 

She leaned on Arthur's lap, looking at him from below. In the moonlight, she appeared even more charming, and she giggled as he gently pinched her nose. 

Time flew by.

Arthur lay down staring at the moon, and Lara was lying on top of him fiddling with his shirt buttons. Hours passed, and he decided to bring her back into the camp as it was getting late. He could only smile as he looked at her, who had already fallen asleep.

He lifted her in a princess carry and went in; upon entering, he noticed that there was only one bed; he carefully placed her on the bed, trying not to wake her up; after placing her on the bed, he also settled next to her and tucked her in the same blanket as him.

Arthur soon fell asleep as well.

Arthur awoke in the middle of the night because he felt the pillow he was sharing with Lara was wet, he opened his eyes and found her crying in her sleep and her face appeared to be in pain, Arthur was worried because he soon realized that this appeared to be a daily occurrence, he stroked her head and held her palm, and soon her face began to relax. Arthur gently lifted her head up, changed the pillow, caressed her face, allowing her to relax, kissed her gently, attempting to comfort her, and her impression calmed down.

Arthur observed her for a while as he didn't know what she was frightened about, and he realized he didn't know anything about her.

He initially decided to keep his distance from her, but after realizing how much she cared for him, his mind began to change and he started to think it'd be really good to have her in his life, now he began to feel that he won't be able to find anyone better than her, Arthur was still unclear and decided to wait for her to say her issue.

He also reasoned that she is unwilling to share her burden because he is currently too weak to assist her, so she is attempting to handle everything on her own.

Arthur felt a movement and immediately awoke to find something moving under the blanket, he slightly lifted the blanket and only found Lara who was snuggling, seeing light entering the dark space she raised her head to see Arthur who was peeking in, she smiled brightly and peeked out from the blanket and kissed him before returning to snuggle.

Arthur looked up and saw that it was already past eight o'clock.

He stroked her hair gently and said softly, "It's getting late."

Lara immediately stood up and said, "I'll go get you something to eat."

"Let me assist," Arthur said as he stood up.

Arthur assisted in the cutting of vegetables, while Lara sat on his lap and hugged him like a koala.

"I said I'd help, but you shoveled it all on me now," Arthur grumbled.

*muah*

"Here, here," Lara kissed his cheeks while still hugging him.

Arthur ended up preparing breakfast after receiving multiple pecks; however, he only prepared a vegetable salad, which took him about an hour to prepare due to a certain someone.

He decided to get dressed and leave after finishing his breakfast.

"I think I should leave now," Arthur said, attempting to get her to stop clinging to him.

She grumbled as she let him go, but immediately took his hand in hers and went to the wardrobe, where she began quickly removing his attire without giving him a chance to refuse.

As soon as he pulled his pants down, his little brother began to slowly wake up. She looked at him and winked, saying, "Looks like someone needs my help," Arthur immediately flicked her head, she held her head as if she had been wronged, and pouted. But she persisted in taking a suit and inner garments from the wardrobe and assisting him in putting them on; after aiding him, she drew the small chair and stood on it, combed his hair.

"Yes, tie me a tie and hand over a briefcase," Arthur muttered as he stood.

She chuckled, but she didn't let him go.

After receiving another kiss on the cheeks, Arthur was at last allowed to leave.

As he moved away from the building, he turned around to find her singing and spinning around, her black skirt fluttering in the wind, slightly revealing her black undies. Arthur could only shake his head and continued to move.

Arthur, who had gotten used to the route, moved much faster than yesterday and soon arrived at the forest where the Ape was living. The forest was desolate, so Arthur took out the map and discovered the next hunting spot was a little further away, and so Arthur continued to move through the trees by jumping from one to another, which he was easily able to do due to his Agility point reaching 28.

Soon after arriving at the next hunting spot, Arthur came to a halt and took out his scent masking potion, crossbows, and a normal bow and arranged them neatly in front of him, deciding to be much more cautious than the day before.

What he saw was a large bee nest, or possibly a wasp nest. Arthur wasn't sure because he hadn't gotten any closer to the nest, which appeared to be as tall as a hill.

And hundreds of bees were buzzing in and out. Arthur still had one thing to double-check: when he reached level 5 yesterday, he received a notification stating that the system shop had been unlocked.

Arthur noticed and soon discovered that there were skill books, various types of potions, fruits, and various weapons and below each of them, it showed a crystal with a different color and a number was close to it, Arthur immediately understood that he needed beast cores to purchase the items in here, he clicked the tab which stated basic system skills and what it is and, found a bunch of skills in it, but what drew his attention was a skill named'Core extractor'

'Automatically extracts the core of beasts killed by the host and transfers it to system storage.'

Seeing all of the skills and cores in the interface, Arthur mumbled, 'Perhaps I should get some crystals from Lara and clean the shelf.'

[Warning: Only the cores of beasts killed by the host can be used!]

Arthur shook his head and bought the basic system skill 'Core extractor,' which was relatively cheap in comparison to others.

Even after purchasing it, Arthur noticed no difference, and the system responded before he could ask a question.

[Basic system skills are used on the system rather than on the host]

Arthur was about to say, "Buy your own skills," but he stopped himself because he realized it was for him, and he reminded himself to control his tongue.

Arthur examined his storage ring and discovered a large jar of nectar inside; he shook his head with a smile as he realized she had meticulously prepared everything for the trip; he quickly discovered a set of different kinds of arrows was placed in one of the corners, along with a small bundle of strings. Arthur took a closer look and noticed that each arrow had a small hole in it; he immediately deduced its function. He threw the large jar of nectar on the ground and began climbing a nearby tree.

He tied the arrows to the string and attached the reel to the crossbow, and all he did now was stand there motionless. Soon after, a bee fluttered its wings and dashed to the location of the nectar, but before it could reach the jar.

Swoosh

puchik

[Ding! +100 Exp for successfully killing an Iron-ranked beast]

Arthur quickly reeled in the bee, and as it got closer, he moved it to system storage. He noticed that he hadn't received any cores yet, but he didn't mind because the ratio is usually around 10:1.

The carnage began as victims continued to die, and within an hour, he had killed over a hundred of them.

However, as the frequency increased, he encountered some difficulties. He soon went into the system skill page and proceeded to buy the skill. Extractor of corpses: rudimentary.

'Recovers the carcasses of beings killed by the host over a 20-meter distance.'
15 cores

Arthur, who had 14 cores at the time, was short of one, but a bee dashed in, willing to sacrifice herself for him; he quickly fired and reeled it back in, then checked the storage; finally, Arthur proceeded to buy the skill; however, he did not stop there; he took another crossbow from his ring and placed it next to him, mounting the same setup as the previous one.

Arthur grinned and murmured, 'Let the fun begin.'

[Ding! +100 Exp for successfully killing an Iron-ranked beast]
[Ding! +100 Exp for successfully killing an Iron-ranked beast]
.
.
.
[Ding! +100 Exp for successfully killing an Iron-ranked beast]

5