Chapter 32: Reaching Bronze rank
230 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur opened his eyes as the bright light struck his face. Lara was still sleeping in his arms. He slowly stood up and stretched his arms, and Lara, who had sensed him waking up, slowly opened her eyes and smiled.

“Morning”.

"No morning kisses for me?"

*Mwa*

*nods in approval*

Arthur got ready because he had a lot to look for today. Lara also clung to him like a koala, so Arthur had no choice but to take a shower with her, who was still half asleep.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Arthur inquired as he approached the small kitchen counter.

"I'm fine with whatever you make," she said, resting her chin on her hands and looking at him.

Arthur then proceeded to make some burgers, which they both ate. Arthur, who had no prior cooking experience, had learned to make some light dishes in order to advance in other directions.

Arthur kissed her goodbye and strode into the forest, knowing that today was his last day here and he needed to farm as much as possible.

Soon after arriving at the hunting location, Arthur immediately avoided it and proceeded to the next location because there were large mammoths there. While hunting them for resources might be a good idea, for Arthur, hunting them would be a waste of time because he was looking to kill more numbers that would help him gain more exp and cores.

The next location was not much different from the previous one in that it was also quite inefficient.

Arthur had to try out a few different locations before settling on one.

"This is much better," he murmured as he noticed large red ants crawling out of the ground, each nearly a meter long. What better way to entice the Ants than with honey? Arthur had emptied the hive into the system storage space the day before and now had a number of barrels with him.

Arthur drew a line with the honey and began to move away, pouring nearly a dozen gallons of honey into the ground, forming a small pool of honey, he went a little further and perched on the tree, and the hunt began; he needed to kill over a thousand today to achieve bronze rank. He spent the rest of the beast cores to get some energy potion from the system store as he was curious to see how effective they are. Soon, the victims marched towards the trail, and they were not alone as they formed a massive queuing.

He took out his longbow and released three arrows at once, killing three ants. He left the first ant and began to pick the one in the middle, the ants did not care about the one in front disappearing and continued to move. Arthur was attempting to combine his two bow skills, trying to fire rapid shots with three arrows at a time, and the best place to practice his skill was right in front of him.

[Ding! 100 experience for killing an Iron-ranked beast]

Notifications began to chime in his head as the ants began to die, but the numbers were barely reduced as new ants were constantly emerging from the nest as Arthur was killing them and storing them in his system storage. Hours passed, and finally, the notification he had been anticipating appeared before his eyes.

[Ding! Level 10 has been attained]

As all the impurities were burned and small steam was released from his body, a small glow appeared on his body, and his bones and muscles began to strengthen, and his skin began to become a little more flawless.

Each time a person advances in rank, their bodies evolve, and they begin to become a little bit more perfect; Arthur's aura also changed slightly.

Arthur breathed a sigh of relief and looked at the system panel, his mouth gaping open as his exp bar read 0/300000.

"Why did it increase more than twice?" Arthur mused, but it was still fine because he would be able to earn more exp from now on.

Arthur's increased physical abilities enabled him to kill even more ants, prompting him to wonder, "How large is this damn Ant colony?" He was checking to see if there was another mutated queen here like yesterday because he received a different type of beast core from it as well as a lot more Exp. But his wishes were not granted as it began to darken and he had already reached level 11. He had hunted over 4000 ants and now had over 450 beast cores; he was debating what to do with them.

He looked across the whole shop and didn't find anything he needed right away, so he decided to save it for later.

He jumped from one tree to the next, exited the forest, and arrived at the campsite in no time. Lara came out, a strange expression on her face as she clearly felt he had broken through, she was really surprised as it was too quick, but she did not ask anything and just smiled waving at him, soon she helped him take a bath and served him all kinds of dishes while hearing what he had done today.

"How many ants are there in that ant colony?" Arthur asked, looking at her.

Lara was surprised to learn that he went to the ant colony to train because ants can become deadly due to their large numbers and can easily kill someone at a higher level.

"Should be over a million, the one in here is a pretty big colony that covers almost the entire underground of the mystic realm," Lara replied. "Arthur was shocked as he finally understood that he did not even scrape the surface and came to the conclusion that he won't be able to deal with that much with his current firepower."

While they were eating, Arthur abruptly paused, and Lara, who had noticed him, asked him, "What happened?"

"My beast has broken through," the twin-headed dragon just broke through, and it was quickly followed by the soul tree; he expected the soul tree to breakthrough early, but it remained still and did not have much development, and he was really surprised by the dragon's breakthrough because it had only been a few days and he had not even summoned it out and fed it any kinds of special resources.

Lara jumped into his lap and exclaimed excitedly, "Take it out!"

Arthur slid his hands down and undid his pants buckles; seeing his action, she hit him on the chest and said, "your pet".

"I thought you were going to reward me," Arthur said innocently.

Lara fastened his pants again and pouted, saying, "You can get it tomorrow."

When Arthur summoned his pet, a twin-headed dragon appeared next to him.

"Aww, how cute," she exclaimed with delight.

"Come here to mama," she said, stretching her arms.

Before Arthur could say anything, the dragon pounced up and entered her embrace; it was slightly larger than before, and its two heads were rubbing her face on both sides, displaying a great deal of affection.

Arthur had a strange expression on his face and thought, 'What the fuck, big sister, this is what you meant by partnership?'

Lara, who had noticed his expression, flicked his head, understanding what was going through his mind, and asked, "What are you thinking about?"

That night, an extra pair of legs was hidden inside the blanket, and Arthur was pushed to the corner against the wall.

When Arthur awoke, he noticed that the dragon was still snuggling closer to Lara while its master was forced to spend the night alone. 'What a heartless brat,' he shook his head, feeling helpless, and decided not to summon this brat before going to bed. He decided to summon it back, and the dragon, sensing his thoughts, clung to Lara tightly, refusing to leave her. Lara, who had awoken, looked him in the eyes and said, "Let it stay out till we leave."

Arthur could only shake his head as the dragon rubbed her face with it, she said "come little sweetie let mama feed you," Arthur looked at her in astonishment as she forgot to collect her morning kisses, "Is this how life is after having kids?" "It's a good thing that tree didn't come out."

They quickly washed up and prepared to leave the mystic realm; Lara returned to her normal appearance and exited the mystic realm with Arthur.

4