Chapter 35:Blind faith comes at a cost.
217 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur could only shake his head, but then her phone rang, and when she answered it, she had a solemn expression on her face; Arthur, seeing her expression, asked, "What happened?" A beast tide broke out yesterday, causing heavy casualties; I need to go there, "Be careful"," don't worry, it's already under control", Arthur could only nod, she hugged him and said, "Be careful, don't push yourself too hard."

Arthur smiled and said, "I should be the one saying it to you." She let him go and dashed away, Arthur, who was watching from the window and saw her move with four women on her toes. Arthur inhaled deeply and entered the teleportation formation. As soon as he stepped into the teleportation formation, he simply disappeared, and when he opened his eyes, he found himself standing in a region similar to a volcanic island, with smoke still emitting from the volcano, but the surrounding atmosphere was lush green.

Arthur took a step forward but was stopped by a giant snake the size of a truck slithering around, as soon as it saw him it pounced, Arthur was shocked because he had not been warned about this and was unable to react, but suddenly Arthur's body began to glow and a terrifying aura expanded around him, sending the snake stumbling backward, Arthur turned around only to see a lady holding a steel whip.

Her skin was pale white in color, and she was wearing black armor. As she approached Arthur, she had a strange expression on her face and muttered, "A human."

"Who are you and how did you get here?" she asked, her tone cold as if she was about to strike. Before he could respond, her expression lit up as she said, "You have a residual aura of our empress around you."

Arthur:…

When she saw his reaction, she told him, "You should be sent here by empress Esthera."
When she saw his reaction, she told him, "You should be sent here by empress Esthera."
Arthur nodded when he heard the name.

"Follow me," she said as they walked, explaining that new life forms were raised in this place after she left, it was completely devoid of any creatures before, which is why the empress has not warned him that this place is dangerous.

Soon after, she led him into a large room that was as pristine as glass, and she led him in front of a massive vault, where she said, "Our empress had been looking for a successor back then, and she set up a trial to select one, one who will be able to clear all the trials will be the new master of this place and the head of the clan, even though I am the only one left." She smiled, but her words were full of loneliness and melancholy.

Arthur didn't ask any questions because he knew he wasn't in such a position; he expected some sort of test to be here despite Esthera's silence. She opened the massive vault and invited Arthur to enter. Arthur did so without hesitation, and as soon as he did, he found himself standing in a vast desolate place, not a dark vault.

Arthur looked around but couldn't find anything, and he could hear the door beside him closing.

Suddenly, he heard the system's voice in his head.

[Initiating protocol one…
Failed]
[Initiating protocol two…
Failed]
[Initiating protocol three…
Failed]

Arthur's mind was bombarded with constant alarms, and he quickly asked the system, "What now?"

Suddenly, he noticed his soul sea was trembling violently. Arthur was taken aback as the massive soul tree in his sea of consciousness began to shake violently, and he could feel the roots reaching deep into his soul sea.

*Boom*

A loud boom echoed through his soul sea, and Arthur realized that his soul crystal was beginning to crack. Arthur, who was shocked and terrified, stumbled back, and suddenly both life and death auras began to emanate from him, while one part of his body began to decay and one part of his body began to grow more, causing him excruciating pain, and they began to fall off as his body was unable to control it.

[Initiating protocol four failed…
Failed]

They all came to a halt as a terrifying aura emanated from him; his eyes turned bestial, his hair turned golden and quickly grew to his waist, Arthur grew and grew, and Arthur's pain effectively subsided.

But before he could think of anything, a whip flew at him and strangled his neck, preventing his growth. Arthur glanced up and saw the pale skin girl had a devious grin on her face as she strangled his neck, Arthur tried to overpower her as his strength had just been enhanced multiple times, she who felt she was losing to him in the battle of strength was shocked, but she quickly reacted and took a long spear out of the storage ring and threw it straight at Arthur.

Arthur couldn't move since his neck was being strangled.

Swoosh

Puchik

With one blow, the spear pierced through his armor and struck his soul crystal, shattering it into pieces. As his eyes were filled with doubts, rage swelled up in his heart as he eventually realized that he had been deceived,

But he couldn't understand why they did it to him, who was extremely weak, why they went through all this nonsense of acting nice to stab him in the back, Arthur felt extremely weak, the lady came next to him and pulled out the spear, and blood flowed out like a fountain...

“Die”

With a grin on her face, she who had just pulled back the spear launched it forcefully through his chest, stabbing straight into his heart.

[Initiating protocol seven…
S….]

With a grin on her face, she who had just pulled back the spear launched it forcefully through his chest, stabbing straight into his heart.

Arthur's body leaned against the spear, his eyes lifeless. "Let's see what you're hiding," she said as she grabbed his head and drew him closer to her.

After ten minutes.

"Looks like it's time to have some fun," she said, licking her lips as she dragged his body out of the room by its legs, unaware that something existed that even she couldn't learn about by peeking into his memories.
--------------------
When I regained consciousness, all I could hear was a faint heartbeat, and I couldn't open my eyes. Time passed slowly, I don't know how long it had been since then, maybe weeks or even months, and then I could faintly hear a women's voice that was gentle like a ray of sunlight during winter, but I couldn't understand what that voice was trying to say to me, time passed slowly, and I continued to hear that voice frequently, sometimes I could hear a man's voice.

I thought he was trying to speak softly to me in his deep voice; occasionally, I would hear other voices, but mostly it was the voices of these two. After an unknown amount of time, I was able to open my eyes, but all I saw was darkness. I couldn't remember or understand anything else as my thinking was still hazy, and I stopped trying to remember.

Countless days passed while I was in a dazed state. One day, I felt a force pushing me and moving, and after a while, I felt someone holding my head and pulling me. Bright light hit my face and my vulnerable eyes couldn't handle it, and without my awareness, a cry escaped from my mouth. I attempted to block but couldn't, and after a few seconds, my eyes adjusted to the light and I saw a silhouette of a lady who must have grabbed me by the head.

After closely examining me, she smiled and began talking to someone nearby, but I couldn't understand what she was saying, and she gently wrapped me in a blanket and handed me to someone. I was mesmerized as soon as I saw the face of the person who received me, and I opened my mouth in a trance as my cry stopped without my knowledge. Her face appeared to be sculpted from white jade as if a sculptor spent a thousand years meticulously sculpting his life's masterpiece.

Her face shone in the rays of sunlight that escaped from the narrow slit of a window to bless her; she had a complexion free of blemishes and black hair that flowed around her shoulders like a stream as if it would wash the souls of bystanders who were enthralled by her beauty.

She had two blue gemstones like eyes that looked like they contained a world within, she looked like an angel that descended to the mortal planes to wash away this world's sins, she parted her rosy lips and said something to me gently, but sadly this poor soul could not understand what she said and continued to look at her in a daydream, she giggled lightly and kissed me on the forehead,  Suddenly, I heard someone running outside, which jolted me out of my trance. The footsteps slowed, and then someone delicately opened the door, but I couldn't turn my head since one hand was gently holding me.

I heard someone approaching, and I noticed that the woman turned to face someone and smiled. Finally, I could see the culprit who had disturbed my unity, a handsome man with black hair appeared in my vision, his eyes moist, he began to slowly talk to the women, and seeing both of these people, I felt in my soul that these two are the most treasured people in my life, and a smile appeared on my face just seeing the man. When he saw my smile, his eyes glistened and he gently caressed my cheek, and I noticed a couple of women, including the one who was carrying me, bowed in front of the young man.

I could feel the connection between us and knew they were my parents. After a few minutes, mother slowly pushed down her tunic and brought me close to her bosom, as was etched in the heads of all mammals. I pushed my head closer to her bosom and began to have my first meal, while she gently stroked my back. Thus, I began my new life without knowing what was in store for me.

As the days passed, I began to understand some of the words they used because mom would constantly show me objects and repeat their names to me. I'll travel around my house most of the time clinging to my mother and the rest of the time riding on my father's shoulders. In this manner, two years passed and I learned to talk, or rather, my mother could understand what I was saying, so... yes, I can talk now. Another year passed slowly as I enjoyed my life playing with my parents.

My mother started making all kinds of small delicacies for me to munch on while running around the house, and I started going out with my father for......bike riding, while my father held me tightly and would just drive around our house as sometimes I thought I could walk faster than him riding a bike, but I subsequently found that mom was watching me from the terrace.

And I discovered my name is...

*Yawn*.

3