Chapter 36: Too strong
168 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And I discovered what my name is.

*Yawn*

"Ah, looks like that's all for today's writing..."

"Maybe I should give the Mc necromancy ability as he won't trust beasts anymore and redo the system interface as he is technically in the new multiverse," Arthur yawned and closed his book, he strolled towards the window and looked down from the balcony from his NYC apartment, the streets were buzzing with people, Arthur shook his head and stared at the sky if he should make some changes or should proceed ahead, he was scratching his chin while deep in thought.

Arthur was deep in thought. "Cultivation..?"

"No"

"There's already a lot of them out there."

"Something based on summoning will be quite good as there will be more content, something that will not betray him, I can't just repeat another round of betrayal quest, I need something original..."

"Damn it, all the concepts I can think of are already there, or am I only thinking about what I've read?"

"Perhaps I should rewrite the previous chapters and transmigrate Lara with him since their souls are connected."

Arthur fell asleep while thinking about the script.

The following morning.

Arthur prepared his breakfast after waking up, and as he was doing so, he looked out the kitchen window and mumbled, "Looks like there will be a thunderstorm."

Zi Zi Zi

Suddenly, he stumbled back, his mouth agape as what he just saw outside shocked him, a static image of a huge iron door trying to condense into reality, Arthur rubbed his eyes again and the gate was nowhere to be seen, Arthur observed closely and after a dozen of seconds passed by, the gate appeared for a split second and then vanished.

Arthur immediately turned on the TV and tuned to the news channel, and the news anchors were also reporting the same, showing a still image of a huge gate that appeared illusory. Arthur went to the portico and carefully observed it, and after 5 minutes, the gate that appeared illusory manifested completely.

Boom

Suddenly, the gates flung open without warning, and a blast of cold air escaped, sending chills up Arthur's spine. A lone goblin emerged from the darkness, holding a knife and dressed in tattered clothes. It took a careful look around, surveying its surroundings.

Outside, onlookers and reporters were snapping pictures.

"Gara la ba sia".

The goblin turned around and said something in a strange language, and as soon as it said it, messy footsteps from inside the gate could be heard, and hundreds of goblins rushed out of the gate with broken swords and knives and rushed into the crowd. 

Swoosh

People did not have time to react since they were discussing eagerly, and a body limply fell to the ground, screams ensued from the crowd as everyone began to run for their lives in different directions, and many people fell down and were obliterated in the panic, Arthur, who was watching this from a couple hundred meters away, was shocked by the turn of events.

He immediately turned around and rushed to the door, locking it and moving the sofa to completely barricade the door. He went into the kitchen and took a couple of skillets, all the knives he could find, and a hammer.

After preparing everything, he moved to the corner of the room and sat down, slowing his breath; in less than five minutes, screams erupted from the apartment, Arthur's heartbeat quickened, and he clutched the pan and knife tightly.

Boom

A loud noise erupted from the doorway, and cracks began to appear on the door, and shocked Arthur.

Boom

The door was broken in half and fell down with the second hit, the sofa was also pushed back, and a small goblin stood in the doorway with an impish smile on its face, Arthur stood up and cold sweat flowed down his back. Without giving him enough time, the goblin dashed in, jumped up, and swung the sword; Arthur attempted to block the swing with the pan.

Bang

Arthur felt like he was hit by a truck as all the strength in his hand vanished. Before he could do anything, the goblin who had just landed jumped again and kicked his chin, sending Arthur flying as only one word remained in his mind: "Too strong." He clearly underestimated their strength due to all those damn novels depicting them as one of the weakest creatures, and he was further deceived by their small stature.

Arthur was thrown through the balcony door and plummeted from the third floor.

Kying kying, kying kying.

As Arthur landed on the hood of a car, the car alarm went off.

He didn't move, so the goblins who saw him didn't waste their breath on him and dashed away to their next victim.

——————-

Arthur slowly opened his eyes, and he felt extremely weak. As he opened his eyes, a bright light hit his eyes, causing him to squint. After a few seconds, he got used to it, and a white ceiling appeared in front of his eyes. Arthur turned his head around and saw that trips were attached to his hands, and in the silent room, only the sound of drops of liquid falling could be clearly heard.

"Hospital?"

"Did I make it?" The image of the goblin leaping up with a sword and striking him was still vivid in his mind.

After about an hour, the door slowly opened and a nurse walked in; when she saw him awake, she turned around and hurried; after a minute, a doctor walked in, followed by the nurse.

He approached Arthur, held his hand, and checked his pulse; Arthur tried to speak, but no words came out of his mouth; the doctor, seeing his struggle, said, "Your head suffered a heavy blow, and you have been in a coma for the past three months, and you need some time to recover."

The doctor continued, "It's a miracle that you survived, to be honest, without the potions from the dungeon you could not have been saved as you were on the verge of death during the first month, only after the potion was revealed were we able to stabilize your condition." Arthur was shocked as his heart trembled. He had no clue what was happening in the outside world.

Above Arthur's head was a question mark.

'potions? Dungeons?'

When the doctor saw his expression, he turned around and asked the nurse to turn on the television, and they both quickly left. A video soon began to play, covering the gate's first appearance and the subsequent events that occurred after it, and Arthur was intently watching it, as shock was written all over his face.

-------------

After ten days, Arthur was allowed to leave the hospital.

He returned to his apartment building, which was in shambles, and began cleaning; the entire apartment complex can be said to be essentially empty, as only a dozen people were currently residing there; Arthur spent his day changing the door; his electronics and everything in it had been stolen, and he could only shake his head as he was powerless; at the very least, they did not charge him the hospital bills.

Arthur had to find a job since continuing the novel would be a waste of time because the entire world is now fantasy and no one has time to read his fiction.

Arthur decided to go to the awakening center tomorrow; if he could awaken something like a C or D, he would have a good chance of getting a job.

Arthur still had some hope; if he could just get into the dungeon, he could be richly paid.

The following morning,

Arthur dressed up and went to the awakening center, which was a huge square-shaped building with no windows at all. He knew that this place was recently built and that it was built with some new materials that were not available on Earth.

There was a long line outside, which Arthur quickly joined. After about two hours, Arthur finally entered the building and was led into a room that resembled a laboratory.

Arthur looked around in perplexity, and the staff soon urged him to enter the pod.

He quickly entered a crystal pod, and the door closed automatically. A red light scanned his body twice, and the results were out; Arthur, who emerged from the pod received his ranking certificate.

3