Chapter 37: Entering the dungeon
163 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur saw his rank and was immediately frustrated, all the more so since he was not a combat type. Arthur would have been happy if it was a support type, but the certificate reads 'Phunktis,' and he has no idea what that means. "Damn it," Arthur cursed silently; new professions emerge from time to time, so no one was surprised. Arthur was informed that if he is willing to provide information about his profession, he will be handsomely rewarded.

After three hours.

For more than two hours, Arthur has stood in front of an E rank dungeon, and no one is willing to accept him into their teams. He even offered to be a porter, but people refused, claiming that he is currently too weak and will be only a liability. Arthur could only return home disappointed as he was unwilling to enter the dungeon alone, and he clearly lacks all the necessary equipment.

Arthur had no idea how to use his powers yet since he's the first in the category; all he knew was his profession name and had to figure out the rest on his own. "Damn it! "At the very least, give me a description."

Arthur tried a variety of methods, but nothing seemed to work. Days passed, and the little money he had left was also disappearing quickly, and he currently did not have any major source of income as well. Arthur was beginning to become desperate, as he felt that if he was not strong enough, he would die sooner, and the current him can be deemed non awakened, he even had the urge to enter a dungeon as he was not making any progress. However, all dungeons are heavily guarded, and he won't be able to barge in.

After two months.

Arthur's reserve was about to run dry; he tried different jobs, but the most he could earn was enough to fill his stomach because everything in the world now revolved around the dungeons.

Arthur put on his coat and walked to the nearby supermarket to purchase a loaf of bread.
He came out with a bag and opened the purse, looking at it and saying, "Only 500 hundred dollars left," Arthur could only shake his head and continue walking.

Zizi Zizi

Arthur was walking down an empty alleyway when he heard an air crackling sound. He turned around to see what was going on and was stunned.

A gate was slowly forming in the alleyway, and soon it was fully manifested. Arthur was standing there, deep in thought, looking at the gate and then at his hand, which was holding the bread.

Arthur looked at the dungeon gate, his face filled with emotion, and moved forward with the bread in his hand, but he suddenly stopped in the middle and looked sideways, taking out a steel pipe that was placed in the corner and gripping it tightly, he moved forward and pushed the dungeon gate and took a step forward.

Arthur, who had just entered, found himself in a narrow hallway with vine-covered walls and giant flowers. Arthur gripped his pipe and moved forward, his legs still trembling.

He then walked as quietly as he could.
Splash

Arthur took his feet off the ground and looked down, believing he had stepped on something.

Arthur took his feet off the ground and looked down, believing he had stepped on something.

Is that a scarab?

A beetle the size of an apple seed was still alive and lying in the ground.

Insect dungeon? Arthur took a step back, his back dripping with cold sweat.

What Arthur stepped on was a baby scarab that should have just hatched, and he couldn't even kill it by stamping on it?. Arthur calmed down his breathing and moved forward, pressing down and grounding the beetle with the steel pipe.

"Looks like I overestimated my ability once more," Arthur thought, as he was unable to easily kill even the newest born of the weakest species of monster

Finally, the beetle exhaled its last breath and died.

Suddenly, a static screen flashed across his face and vanished.

Arthur, who was squatting down, was startled and slipped backward. He got up and looked around, trying to figure out what it was, but after two minutes of careful observation, he didn't find out anything. Arthur had an epiphany and looked around, discovering another baby beetle crawling around. He approached it and pressed it down with the steel pipe, shifting his entire weight on it while twisting it.

A static screen flashed past his eyes, but this time it was slightly longer than the previous one, but he was still unable to figure out what it was. Arthur searched for another bug, and the crunch sound continued for an hour in the empty hallway.
A static screen flashed past his eyes, but this time it was slightly longer than the previous one, but he was still unable to figure out what it was. Arthur searched for another bug, and the crunch sound continued for an hour in the empty hallway.
Arthur was frozen in place as a blue screen flashed in front of his eyes.

[▊▊▊▊▊▊▊ ▊▊▊▊ ▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊ ▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊ ]
Arthur:?

The wording began to change and different symbols rolled in the screen.

[Welcome Host..! you can call me System! I will assist you in your future growths]

‘System? 'Did I die already?' Arthur thought in his head as this appeared surreal because, for the first time in his life, it appeared that something good had finally happened in his life. Arthur immediately thought about the overpowered system he was writing, but quickly shook his head as he did not want to have high expectations and be disappointed.

‘System? Did I already die?’ Arthur thought in his head as this looked surreal as for the first time in his life, it looked like something good finally happened in his life, Arthur immediately thought about the overpowered system he was writing, but soon shook his head as he did not want to have high expectation and end up disappointed.

“How will you assist me?” Arthur asked directly without holding back.

Arthur expected to see a stat interface, but only his name and race were there.

'Will he receive Exp each time he kills a monster?' Arthur had anticipation in his eyes.

Quest:

Clear an E rank dungeon.
Reward: ???

Arthur was taken aback, "no way I'm going to be able to clear an E-ranked dungeon alone," he thought the system was belittling him, "I'm having difficulty killing even these newborn bugs," he looked down at the steel rod in his hand.

That's when he noticed an exclamation mark on a tab in the system interface.

Arthur clicked right away to see what it was.

He was taken aback when he noticed a message that said "starting gift."

Arthur pressed the button to open it.

There was an image of exquisite armor with a sword next to it.

The armor vanished as soon as Arthur clicked on it, and Arthur was instantly equipped. Contrary to his expectations, Arthur moved his arms and legs and found it comfortable to move in them. Arthur dropped the steel rod in his hand and clicked on the image of the sword, and soon an impressive sword appeared in front of him.

Arthur came to a halt and searched the system interface for something.

'There is no skill proficiency? There is no skill shop? 'What, no weapon mastery?'

System:…

Arthur was disappointed because he expected something magical to appear that would help him master it all without much effort, but it appears that he had high expectations.

With his sword in hand, Arthur looked up and saw another door, the entrance to the place where the real battle begins. This narrow hallway is usually empty, but in the event of an insect dungeon, some juvenile insects may roam through it, but they do not attack anyone. Arthur looked around and noticed another insect crawling around; he approached it and lightly stabbed it with his sword, and it sliced the insect-like butter with no resistance.

[Ding + 0.1 points for killing an unranked scarab successfully]

'0.1 percent? What about the experience? What about advancing in rank?'

‘Will I be able to exchange for some supreme treasure or a special resource in the system shop that could assist me in my breakthrough’

Arthur soon took a look inside the system shop.
[
Bread- 1 point
Water- 1 point
Basic stamina potion-5 point
Basic health potion- 10 points
Basic Regeneration potion- 20 point
20 X 20 feet portable room- 2000 points
]

Is there anything else? Arthur was taken aback! This is a blatant swindle! Arthur screamed internally as his fantasies of instant leveling up and purchasing exclusive items from the store faded.

Arthur inhaled deeply and bent down to pick up the loaf of bread he had dropped.

2