Prologue!
10.3k 29 154
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Dear Kazu.

First of all dont panic. I know you must be bewildered right now after finding my and your mother's belongings disappearing all of a sudden from the house but forgive us. The amount of debt and rent we owe exceeds our capabilities. We didn't plan to do this abruptly but we dont have many choices. I and your mother are leaving this nation and going to a safe place for now. Except for the house you won't be bothered by any debtor as per the law, so dont worry. We have left some savings behind for you and have paid the admission fee for your new year, you have to think about the tuition fee. Be more responsible Kazu. Anyway, we will probably return shortly so until then, best of luck.]

And like that, I became abandoned or maybe an orphan. I didn't know whether they would return or ever contact me. I knew that there was pretty shit going through my parent's life which I generally don't meddle with. But looking back now I think I should have concerned myself with it so maybe I would have prepared myself for this kind of situation. 

"Sorry kid. But I am helpless here. You see the owner of the apartment is forcing me the rent. " With a visible apologetic look, the caretaker of the flat in which I live asked me to leave my home as we have already exceeded the lease of three months and now I was living on a free basis. The news spreads fast, so my parent's disappearance must have made the owner panic.

"It's okay Shumia san. I understand. I will leave before tomorrow noon". I bowed and requested for the stay of another night.

Well, it's been already two days since I have found this letter and since then I haven't figured out what I have to do with myself.

I was in my third year starting this February and I didn't have a single job on which I could rely.

Part-time wasn't allowed and even it was, people generally dont employ high schoolers for high-wage jobs. 

" But I have to try". I sighed as I came back inside my 2LDK apartment flat which now felt empty and dark.

I had 5000 yen left by my parents and that's all. The thing was that I wasn't much responsible and always cared for presents. So this unexpected future wasnt in my plan.

I sighed again before taking my phone. Checking the list of available jobs, I found a convenience store employing high schoolers too. The pay was 4000 yen per week and that was good for my survival.

I took the address from the site and after changing, went out of the house. The school was going to start in two days, so I had no problem shifting my belonging tomorrow morning.

____...____

"Okay then, you can start from Monday". I bowed after the manager of the store appointed me as a part-time late-night, cashier.

I took a packaged sandwich from the same store before returning back home. It was unsurprisingly bland and cold. The temperature outside was doing a great job making my house more gloomy.

'They took the heater too'. I rubbed my hands under the quilt before drifting toward the dreamland.

_____..._____

"Don't pin nails. Don't make noises after 9. Don't do illegal stuff and pay rent on time". 

" I will keep it in mind". My new house was a one-room rental shack box. It was too small to call even home but I didn't have a choice. Rental houses were blindly expensive.

This small shack coated 5000 yen per month. I paid one month in advance from the money I was left with and shifted all my belonging, which were my clothes, bedding, and some other stuff, into my new home.

Even with this small amount of household stuff, the room looked packed. 

I laid down the futon and plopped on it. It was currently evening when I finished with all the things. I sighed gained before taking out packed ramen from my bag and was just about to tear its top when I heard a knock on the door.

___________________

A/N: Seems similar right? Well, it is and you will love it if you like slice-of-life romance. So stay tuned.

154