Chapter 2: Riders on the Storm
1.7k 6 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well diggity doggity daggity darn, I was right about those rebel scum choosing to execute me. On the bright side, they decided not to execute me through boring means like a guillotine, four horses and a bunch of rope, or stones. I'm incredibly thankful for not choosing to kill me through stones, that'd hurt. They decided to execute by sending us off to the Chaos Storm, as planned before when the Queen was shouting out the orders. 

I'm excited for this school trip, especially since I'm not alone. The head butler and the girl who was always in the castle but didn't have a job are also here. I think her name was Michelle or something. A friend of the late Queen. Hah, who'd be friends with her?

Maybe Michelle is crazy like the butler and me. Yes, the butler is crazy. He's constantly paranoid, like something will happen to him at any moment. Considering the Queen's disposition, it makes sense. His paranoia is kicking into overdrive right now, though. Then again, we're getting closer and closer to the Chaos Storm. Ooh, I can feel my blood pumping.

I'd ask the carriage driver if they were excited, but golems don't have feelings. Most golems don't have feelings. I've heard the creator of the world's golems has an assistant who is about as human as a golem can get. They're definitely fucking. Speaking of fucking, that whole daughter fucking thing isn't going well. Michelle has yet to agree, even though we're on our deathbeds. At this point, I'll take the golem or the golem horses. Not the butler, however. I hear he's married.

Ooh, I can just feel the slight wind. We're getting closer and closer. Time to see the other's reactions. Michelle is… sleeping. How the fuck are you sleeping? The butler is… shaking, crying, screaming, and clawing away at the walls of the carriage. A reasonable response. The little elf girl with a knife in her hand standing in front of him is… shaking her head. Hold on, when was she here? I thought only three of us were going to die?

"I've finally found you." She stabbed the knife into the legs of the butler, who then let out an even bigger scream. "Please stop running." She took the knife out, grabbed the butler's shoulder, then disappeared with him. A teleporter. I didn't know the butler was acquainted with a Sacred Power holder that wasn't the Queen. Lucky him. Actually, he's technically acquainted with me, he was in charge of all the servants. Three Sacred Power holders knew him. What a wild life.

Oh boy, the carriage is shaking. Looking outside, it seems the storm itself has picked up the carriage. The horse golems, they're neighing. I didn't know they could do that. Wait… they're actual horses now. How cruel, brought to life within their tomb. 

That explains why it's called Chaos Storm, actual chaos here. A giant cheese wheel, the golem driving the carriage is now a skeleton, and half the carriage is wrapped in tentacles. Wait, tentacles? Oh shit, they're crushing it. I ran over to the not being destroyed half and looked over to Michelle. She's… yawning. At least she's awake, although she seems like the insane one here right now. 

"What a shitty oneshot you got stuck with." She sighs. "I wonder what I'll get stuck with next. Goodbye, maid, it wasn't nice knowing you." And off she jumped out of the carriage. I looked out to see where she went, saw she landed on a broom, and then just flew off. Damnit Michelle! Could've at least taken me! That broom looks comfy! Well… shit.

The tentacles crushed the carriage then were flung away by the storm. I could now see a good view of the storm all around me instead of the shoddy front window to let me see the golems. Things were flying all over, too many things for me to keep count, all flying in different directions, occasionally colliding. I saw a ball made out of umbrellas, a knife the size of a building, two bears stuck together roaring, and a platypus. So this is what they meant by don't expect anything. Will I even die? Oh no… I might get stuck in here forever. Suddenly, I prefer being stoned or hanged.

Wait… what's this? There's a shape forming in front of me, made out of the storm itself. The carriage… it's stopped shaking. The shape, it's humanoid. It's waving at me. Guess I'll wave back. Huh, it seems happy. It made a gesture like it was flinging the carriage into the eye of the storm. Wait… it is flinging the carriage into the eye of the storm. Oh shit, oh fuck!


Urgh… that landing… that was rough. On the bright side, I'm alive. I seem to be in the eye of the storm. Looking around, it really is chaotic. I'm currently sitting in some plains, on top of a hill, but I can see a desert to my right. I can see a forest to the left, and straight ahead, I can see an entire lake. What's most odd is that a house is at the centre of the eye, with a giant tree growing next to it. Who'd want to live here?

"Hmm… a visitor. Greetings." I heard a voice from behind me and turned to look. A young woman, wearing a white one-piece dress, sitting whilst holding a sandwich. A picnic? Here? Really? I looked into her eyes, which were a deep purple. Regal.

Entropy

You have an aura that causes entropy to accelerate at a rate significantly faster than usual. You cannot stop this effect. 

Side Note: Murphy's Law is gonna have a real hoot with this one.


Character Profile: Sally Cordozar.

Sacred Power: Entropy.

Childhood nickname: Calamity Sally.

Description: A hermit who lives near the edge of the world, she travelled here to live in solitude due to her Sacred Power. For the longest time, her Sacred Power didn't affect others due to her far off location. That all changed due to the development of Hamblin. She would move. However, she has grown quite comfortable with her current location. Her household is home to four individuals. Herself, an immortal she picked up on her adventures, the personification of the Chaos Storm, and the spirit of the lemon tree next to her home.

Chapter namesake: Riders On The Storm by The Doors (Or the Snoop Dogg version. Whichever floats your boat.)

77