Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm
1.4k 4 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I thought, I love to serve people. I was born to be a maid. No, wait, that's wrong. I was actually born to be the connecting force of two lovers, who unfortunately both died. Now, I'm suddenly sad. Damnit dad, why did you die?! As for you mom, I don't care enough. You didn't give me that banana, and I hold grudges. That's all a lie, though. They're happily retired, living in the Dome, a city that almost feels like it's from another world. Spoiler alert: It is from another world. How do I know? I just do. Gut feeling. Unless they're not retired and I'm actually an orphan, I forget.

Anyways, I'm currently serving tea to the Entropy lady and her housemates. Turns out the Chaos Storm was caused by her Sacred Power and the reason she moved all the way to the edge of the world. Reasonable, however, if I were her, I'd let it rip in the big cities. Imagine all the chaos, the wild scenarios. It'd be pretty epic… for about five minutes. Well, I'm a very in-the-moment type of person, and I don't regret things, so I'd still do it.

Why am I serving tea? Because it's what I do best. They let me in their house, the least I can do is serve them. They're friendly, and the Entropy lady looks really beautiful. "It's Sally, dear." Oh yeah, sorry about that. Sally looks really beautiful. Too beautiful, in fact, that I can't even do my usual delusion of her. I just can't fathom the possibility of such things. Thus, my desire to fuck a daughter continues on. 

There are others in the house, but I don't see myself pursuing them. The first housemate is the literal personification of the Chaos Storm raging outside this house. I really don't like looking at it. Every time I blink, I swear a new thing is added to the Chaos Storm. Just today, I saw a house made out of pillows, a rapidly spinning apple, and a lich king playing chess against a zombie monkey. As for the personification, she's cute. It seems Sally has adopted it as her daughter, and I can see why. She's cute. Who would've thought that the Chaos Storm would manifest itself as an adorable child tiger beastkin? So cute.

The second housemate is the spirit of the tree next to the house. I've been told it's a Lemon tree. What's a lemon? A yellow thing that I was told is edible, but I'd rather not consume it ever again. I will stick to my stale bread and cold soup. I find comfort in familiarity. Apparently, it's a tree from another world. Sally was building her home here, back when the Chaos Storm was pretty weak when a God from a different world dropped off this tree and an unconscious boy next to her. The god said it found them floating in space and brought them to this world. I'd say this story was fake, but after learning about Entropy, it's very believable now. 

The last housemate is an old dude. Really messing with my perception of this place being a paradise. Unlike the tree or the storm, he isn't a product of a wacky event caused by Sally's Sacred Power. He's here because he could survive the Chaos Storm but cannot get out. Apparently, the Storm has taken a liking to him. He is nice. The beard is great to touch, too. "Please stop touching my beard. I'm trying to enjoy your tea." Ah, sorry about that. He also happens to be a Sacred Power holder. Most people only ever get to meet one or two in their lifetimes, and I've already met five, including the teleporting girl and myself. By the way, this is what popped up:

Immortality

You are immortal. 

Side Note: I pity whoever gets this.

It explains how he managed to reach the eye. There's no way the Chaos Storm is killing him. Although Entropy does mean more unpredictable things are bound to happen, so maybe he'll drop dead as long as he stays around. Perhaps that's his plan. If so, I do pity him, like you do, whoever wrote these side notes.

I've more or less figured out what my Sacred Power is, based on what I've seen and some things Mr Immortal here said. "My name is Vandar." Yeah, yeah, cool. Now, where was I? Ah, yes, my Sacred Power. It activates through eye contact and allows me to see what a Sacred Power holder's Sacred Power is, and a Side Note that gives no helpful information whatsoever. 

So basically, it does jack shit. It'd be a miracle if I could meet anymore, especially since escaping the Chaos Storm seems impossible. Then again, Entropy does mean more and more outlandish things happen, like a portal spawning in front of me while I'm too busy thinking to notice it.

"Wait, there's a portal, sto-" Huh? I feel like I missed something. Wait… this isn't that cosy, warm house. By the looks of it, it's a cold, dreary, lacking in colour castle a loner would live in.

"I'm serious. There are no maids here."

"You're a noble that lives in a castle, and yet, you have no maids?"

"Yes, indeed."

"How am I supposed to drink tea, then?"

"Make it yourself."

Oh, an argument. Tea, huh. I can make that.

"So, who is the maid right there?"

"I have no idea, but lucky me. Hey maid that popped out of nowhere. You're hired!"

Heh?


Character Profile: Vandar Gray.

Sacred Power: Immortality.

Age: 10,206 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 22 hours, 3 minutes and 37 seconds at the moment of the Maid's sudden disappearance.

Description: An immortal who has lived longer than history remembers, he was part of the initial 26 Sacred Power holders, and the only one to have not passed down his Sacred Power. Vandar was actually the lover of the initial holder of Entropy, another one of the first 26, and thus seeks out holders of Entropy due to his unchanging heart. Despite his long-lived life, Entropy continues to surprise him and is one of the few things keeping him from completely breaking. Another thing stopping him from breaking is alcohol. 

Chapter namesake: Shelter from the Storm by Bob Dylan.

71