Prologue to the war 2/2
191 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we were heading back to the hotel, the childish smile on my face remained intact. Along the way I began to talk with Lancer and Giorno about the participants of this war as well as my plans.

"I will start saying who the participants are now, do keep in mind that I might be wrong, after all things might not be quite as I expected." I say, making Giorno, who was right now on the drivers seat, look back. Lancer also looked away from the window and in my direction.

Several questions passed thought Lancer's mind, mainly about how I knew this things as well as the identity of the other servants, this questions however were quite easily solved when I said I knew them thanks to both a spell and detailed information I got from what the catalyst they used was.

"And you say that from all the servant, the ones I will enjoy fighting the most are Saber and Rider?" asked Lancer while raising an eyebrow.

"Indeed, Saber has a lot of pride and enjoys a fair combat, Rider is similar to her in that sense. The only problem with them both is... weak, their masters. Saber's master is a guy who couldn't care less about honour, if he had to he would kill any amount of men, women and children to vanquish the evils of this world." I say, making a reference to a certain 'superhero' I remember watching on my past life, though neither Lancer nor Giorno actually got the reference. "The master of Rider, my professor Archibald, won't care about honour either. He might not use tactics as underhanded as Saber's master does, but more because his pride won't allow him to step so low rather than actually value honour, which means he might indeed use those underhanded tactics if he felt truly threatened."

"Sigh, well I am truly glad I got you as my master." said Diarmuid with a small smile.

"I know right? I am indeed very awesome!" I reply with a cheeky smile, making him chuckle a bit.

"The only other servant who might give you a nice fight is Archer, though in his case the fight might not be something you enjoy so much. He will just throw weapons at you until you either die or prove to be strong enough for him to use his best sword. However he is the only one whose master might allow to fight you without actually interrupting the fight to kill me, though that is only because of how much he values Archer's strength." I continue explaining.

"I see..." said Lancer while rubbing his chin. "And what about Caster? So far he is the only one you haven't mentioned."

"Caster is were things get fun." I reply while laughing a bit and looking out of the window. "After all Caster will be on our team as well."

Lancer's eyes widen for a moment. "Two servants master? But-"

"Don't get it wrong Lancer." I interrupt him. "I do not doubt our ability to win this war together at all, however I am worried about what will happen afterwards. The grail is corrupted and despite my years of research, I have yet to come up with an actually appropriate method to cleanse it, summoning Caster is the only way for us to get out wish without destroying the world in the process."

"I understand." replied Lancer, still a bit disappointed but understanding the situation.

"Good, now let's get some rest." I say while exiting the car and entering the hotel. "We booked under Giorno's name, but I am sure Kiritsugu will eventually notice this and blow up the building or something."

"I will remain on the lookout, master." said Lancer while Giorno nodded in agreement.

"Thanks." I reply. "It will only be for a couple of days top, until we summon Caster."

"I have been meaning to ask master, why haven't you summoned Caster already?" asked Lancer.

"Well, because of the catalyst I have." I reply while opening the suitcase and pulling out the strand of the Golden Fleece. "With this I might be able to summon two different servants. One is the Caster I want and the other one is Jason the Argonaut. I need to wait for the classes of Rider, Saber and Lancer to be filled for this war in order to increase the probabilities of summoning who I want." I continue explaining while putting the strand back into the suitcase. "There is also the fact that the church somehow knows when each servant is summoned, so I didn't want to summon you both at the same time just in case, there is no need to give your enemies information after all."

"Hmm, interesting." replied Lancer. "You really do put a lot of effort into summoning exactly who you want huh."

"Of course I do." I reply with a smile. "There is nothing better than getting what I want after all."

Lancer looked around the room and saw a room right next to the one we were currently in. A confused expression appeared on his face as he saw it empty.

"It is for you." I say, noticing he doesn't quite understand why among the three rooms this hotel has on the suite, one is empty. "I had it empty before we arrived, I assumed you might want some space to move your body and kind of test it so feel free to do it here. If you still need some practise then we can head out later and find somewhere to train."

A smile forms on his face as he shakes his head. "This is perfect master."

"Good." I say with a smile. "Before you do that however, let me explain everything I did with your body, starting with your eye."

"My eye?" he asks confused while bringing his hand to his right eye. "I indeed feel something wrong with it, did you change it?"

"Well, I basically added an ability to it. I call it 'ultimate eye' and it is pretty op if I say so myself, extremely useful to you since you focus on close combat at high speeds."

I spent a while talking to him in a detailed manner about the effects of his new eye, as well as what exactly the philosopher's stone inside him did.

*

*

*

Author note:

And with this we enter the actual war. From now on there will be more action scenes than there have been so far (obviously) as well as more characters.

2