Chapter 8: First Day
4.2k 7 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It will be 15,900 Del sir"

"Here"

I placed my wrist over the counter and as it went over the scanner attached to it, it quickly scanned it as a chime sound resounded which signified the payment. Delan's eyes shined as he stared at the increasing balance on the counter.

Del is the currency used in the barrier nations which was a short term for Delvers and was a kind of homage to those that first dived down on the dark ages.

I looked at the balance on the hologram of my vrace going down to 34,100 Del which was originally 50,000 Del that was transferred to my account just recently.

'Damn, this thing isn't cheap...which is understandable at least'

I lamented the fact that I was only lent 50,000 Del by the old man which the word cheap isn't enough to describe how much he actually had when he gave me this miniscule amount although the amount lent is higher than middle class students would have in retrospect.

I looked at the gun as I scanned it carefully.

"...Hey you haven't named this.."

"Huh?...but should I?. It's just a beginner's craft after all..."

"It's still your first sale of a creation of this type right..so isn't it more important to name it then"

He was lost in thought before finally conceding to my suggestion which was relieving since it was important that he names this item. He pondered for a minute or so before finally deciding on the name of my gun.

"It's called Sixth since I remade that 6 times"

'..Yup that's the one'

"Yeah...I like the sound of that"

It was important that the gun had a name because an item series won't be created without a name being given by it's creator specifically, not the owner. The second time I come back here would actually make this thing an item series.

I stored my gun in my storage box as I turned to leave the shop but before I stepped out, I made sure to leave a message.

"Hey"

"...Yes?" Delan turned his attention away from the counter.

"Next time don't fall asleep since that will be annoying to deal with again"

"....."

After Delan thought about what I said, his eyes widened a little as he forced a business smile to show in his face.

"Yes sir!, Please come again!"

'That should do it....I need to make sure he doesn't close down this shop even before his meeting with the MC'

I waved my hand as I finally left the shop and headed straight back to the villa.

-----

'Sixth, a magic gun used by a villain in the story that gave a ton of problems for the MC not  only because he had possession of an item series but also had awaken a peculiar class that I want but now that I have it in my hands it will definitely disrupt the original storyline now'

It was one of the problems of my existence in this world which was becoming more and more real for me as I encounter more characters-people originally in the novel just like Delan and Ronald.

'Although it's good that I stole his gun since he would cause so much bloodshed because of it but most of all, it would be more suitable for Ray to have this thing..'

I mused, readying myself to practice with my magic gun at the backyard once again along with a peculiar dummy this time.

"{Command: Combat simulation-close quarters}"

All of a sudden a dummy emerged from the ground but this time it was standing on its own two feet as it moved in a combat stance.

I exhaled as I pointed my gun at the dummy. I was a little nervous never having used an actual gun in my past life and this life as well although I knew in my mind it was simple to use and that this body could take the recoil just fine.

Fortunately guns in this world work just the same as in my old world, the only difference was the bullets.

It either directly absorbs mana from my hands or by the aid of a skill.

"[Magic Bullet]"

Four balls of light appeared but this time they didn't launch right away because the opened cylinder of the gun had absorbed those four pellets. It took about 10 seconds before all of it was absorbed which in a combat situation was very detrimental.

'Well I just have to be patient before the awakening ceremony, for now I have to meet the requirements'

I aimed carefully at the dummy, minding to steady my grip on the large revolver.

"....{Start}!"

After I shouted out the command, the dummy immediately sprinted towards me.

'?!'

"It's fast!"

It was going straight at me and I already had my aim ready so I quickly pulled the trigger. Two shots left the barrel of the revolver as blue lights sputtered out at the same time.

The two shot left a faint blue trail as it flew straight ahead. It was clearly different than normal magic bullets because the shot that comes out of magic guns are faster and more controlled than manual spell casting but-

The dummy immediately sidestepped as he heard the sound of gun fire. The drawback would be that unlike spells, gun fire can't be controlled once shot out and that one could easily determine it's shot path just from observing where the gun is aimed.

In a world where people have absurd level of reaction speed it is certainly possible to avoid gun shots and the dummy right now has super spatial awareness of the area.

The two shot trailed past the dummy as he dodged those easily. He then sprinted again as it didn't get fazed at all.

"Damn it!"

I fired another one at the dummy's direction hoping it wouldn't be able to dodge due to it's proximity but alas it once again evaded it easily.

It was within arms reach and was about to punch the living daylights out of me. Normally it would be wise to drawback or run but that wasn't a choice for me since I need to engage in a gunfight in this range.

'Don't back out! Just shoot'

I blocked the dummy's punch with my free hand as I shot it at point blank.

"!?, Wha-"

It couldn't dodge this time but had blocked the shot using its other hand. It's body flinched as a hole was formed in its hand and the right side of it's stomach. It didn't stop despite that and had kneed me right in the gut.

"Ughh!?"

It was followed up with a side kick while I was in mid-air.

"Kuhh?!"

I skidded along the grass as I groaned in pain.

"Sh*t...robots are unfair..."

"{Simulation Fail}"

It announced as the dummy returned to the ground.

After letting the pain subside for a while I stood up once again as I readied my gun.

"...{Command: Combat simulation-close quarters}"

The dummy once again appeared and it had no visible damage whatsoever while I was still reeling in pain.

"...I'll turn you into scraps at the end of this.." I muttered in frustration.

'..Surprisingly I held out a little better than I thought....maybe because the fact that It's not alive that I'm not hesitating to shoot..' I pondered as I reloaded Sixth.

"..Well I'll deal with it when I get there. For now...{Start}!"

*Bang Bang

I shot it before it could even make a move. One of the shots missed but the other one grazed its shoulder since it couldn't spontaneously move after dodging the first one.

It turned it's head to me.

"Heh...you're lucky since I won't use my eyes because if I did you'd be full of holes right now"

It quickly sprinted towards me. I smirked not because I would win this time around, I would likely be beaten to a pulp several times but I was sure I could beat it because-.

"We have two weeks all for ourselves tin can"

*Bang

-----

The bustling sound of cars and students alike was an annoying noise to deal with specially if your body is too sore from fighting a robot dummy for 2 weeks.

I watched the bustling crowd of youths.

Male students wearing grey blazers with checkered red patterns and black pants all excitedly ogling at the girls walking past by them.

The girls on the other hand were chatting harmoniouly without a care in the world, they wore the same grey blazer and matching red skirt with black line patterns. 

'.....Why the hell does all of these people have beautiful faces?'

I knew that the level of beauty that was normally described in the novel was out of reality but even these mobs have clean and prim looking faces.

'Well I can't complain myself can't I'

I sighed as I stared at the gates of hell, the entrance to Uvelia Academy.

'I did what I needed to do, now I just have to brace myself...'

I looked around as I checked wether the MC was already here or not but it seems like he would be late just as described in the story.

"We'll probably meet in the awakening ceremony anyways" I mumbled as I walked through the crowd.

And so I stepped foot on the place where everything begins.

150