Chapter 216: Flower in Battlefield
150 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Forest in North western region of Dioral Kingdom)

Our over 1,000 men force  are hiding  deeper in the woods as the chaotic battle is unfolding before us. Orlais deviously raid Dioral during their rest. Despite being caught off-guarded, they managed to kill good number of Orlaisians.

However, after half an hour, the battlefield is left with only Orlais soldiers as the Dioral's soldiers are fleeing. 

I have been educating my soldiers to differentiate our target, Orlais from our potential ally, Dioral. 

That comes in handy in this situation.

The Orlais might assume their ambush had ended successfully but we are to shock them with another ambush.

We move silently through the woods until we nearly reach the place with many Orlaisians.

"Attack!" Irijina, Ivanna and Scott Aldiss shouts.

The enemies are dumbfounded as many of them are suddenly killed. 

I am not sure the exact number of enemies but our over 1,000 men is a lot more numerous than them whose force dwindled after the clash with Dioral's.

Soraya and Selene walk just behind me as we only use as back up. The three ninja girls spread before me with Lyla at most forefront. 

Such protection allows me to observe the battlefield further. 

Upon our interference, there should be three parties on the battlefield but the ones standing are  our troops and Orlais. 

Everywhere our force is pushing them.... Eh... There is an area with dense trees hundreds meter away... Something is off.

The reason I could see them clearly despite being further away within darkness is due to flame. 

The encampment is burning. 

A Venus dancing in the light coming from the burning tents.

Swords and her shield clash and sparks fly as she turns her body and efficiently cuts down soldiers, one by one. 

Orlais soldiers swarm over her but their slashes are only met by her large shield. 

Every time they loose balance after swinging, she swiftly cut them down. Her movement is beautiful and graceful like Sekrit.

Her fighting method is by staying on her foot and blocking by her shield. She frequently cut her opponents or push anyone who enters blank point range.

"Advance to the left!" I order my group to advance through towards her whereabout. As we are closing in on her, she had killed dozens of men and gradually becomes sluggish due to exhaustion.

As three enemies charge from her side, she throws that large shield that crashes against them. 

She picks up an enemy's sword and now fights with two swords. 

Damn. She is running out of strength but we still haven't reach her yet. 

She lowers her body and rushes at the swarming men with incredible speed. 

Several men are cut but some block but she dashes to their side and unleashes continuous attacks that made her seem like she was dancing. It was a continuous attack without any delay in between, but after further cutting the enemies, the woman starts to breathe hard.

It’s true her speed is terrifyingly fast but the remaining foes are still numerous and above all, she had overspent her stamina.

Her attacks are getting weaker and slower but she still swings under pretense of opposing. That's understandable as if she just throws her weapons, they will capture her and rape her. 

She obviously intends to be killed. 

However, I won't allow that. As we are near, I run  towards her. 

"Hiro, vwhat are you doing?" 

Enemies hit her swords away and pin her down.

"Capture the commander alive. We will turn her into our sex slaves" 

The tired woman struggles to no avail.

She has no energy even to shout. 

I slash a man who is standing in the way before kicking the face of one of the man who is pinning her down. 

Then, cut the another one. 

I headbutt the remaining one. 

I pull her up.

"You..behind you."

She is aware that I saved her and warn me. 

I turn back and enemies are swinging down their swords.

"You.. save yourself!" She yells but I stand up protecting her.

Suddenly, many crystal shards fall down and stab their bodies. It's Soraya. 

"Inferno." Flames burn their bodies. 

My body is held by small hands and I immediately turn back. 

Mirai has teleported here and holds both of our bodies. In a blink of an eye, the three of us are already in between the girls. 

"That's dangerous, Hiro-sama!" Kurotsuchi scolds while touching my arms.

"Yeah... don't do that again!" Selene wipe the blood on my forehea.

"Sorry, girls." 

I look at the woman leaning on my leg.

I kneel down and tell her,

"Don't worry. We are not Orlais."

Hearing that, her tensed body loosens. She gradually closes her eyes.

She then lost consciousness and becomes limp.

3