Chapter 57: Ghouls
558 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday Kurotsuchi received two spare kodachi from Dan, which were taken from their dead comrades. Today, she has been using them to kill dozens of zombies until the blades start losing their sharpness. She stabs them into the face of two zombies but the weapons are stucked in heads. She tries to take out but another zombie approaches her from her side,forcing her to release them and steps backward. As the zombies onslaught is becoming fiercer, Kurotsuchi feels her blood turns cold. She has never been in her life been so threatened. The ninja code demands her to give up her life for a mission but her basic girly instinct desperately desires survival. She reaches down to her ankle, taking care not to make a single wasteful movement. There, her hand meets the daggers concealed under her skirt. She means to slide to its back and opens its throat. But no sooner had she grabbed the handle of her weapons than a chorus of scream fills the ground, immediately joined by the moanings.

Two meters away, Hanabi and Mirai are struggling to kill some zombies with Selene behind them protecting them from stray attacks. Meanwhile, the blond stuck-up girl, Sylvia is going further from the group. Far from being panicked, her attacks are turning more violent and fearless. Her reckless actions make her full of openings but Hiro is right behind her slashing any zombies that attacks her blind spots. 

"Damn. That mad bitch is losing her head again." Clementine yells while swiftly kill some zombies.

"He is putting Hiro in danger!" Sekrit cut off a head, they run towards Sylvia but zombies are blocking their way.

As Kurotsuchi's focus is distracted, a zombie closes in but she manages to kick its chin as hard as possible before rolling to towards Selene. 

Kurotsuchi looks again at Sylvia who is just slashing and piercing on whim. Although Sylvia's fighting abilities are far beneath Clementine, Sekrit, Ivanna and Kurotsuchi, now she is butchering zombies left and right that her kill count even come near the stronger girls.

"I got his back." Ivanna retreat step by step while killing zombies until she reaches between Hiro and Hanabi. She now covers both Hiro and Hanabi.

Unmentionables fill the ground, their movements clumsy yet swift; their clothing in a range of untidiness. Some wear gowns so tattered as to render them scandalous, other wear farming clothes so filthy that one would assume they are assembled from little more than dirt and dried blood. Their flesh is in varying degrees of putrefaction; the freshly stricken are slightly green and pliant, whereas the longer dead are grey and brittle. Their eyes and tongues ling since turned to dust, and their lips pull back, into everlasting skeletal smiles.

As zombies close in every direction, Hiro's voice cut through the commotion. 

"Girls. Get into formation!" 

Kurotsuchi immediately joins Hanabi, Mirai and Selene in a circle. Later, Clementine and Sekrit reach Sylvia, dragging her to the circle while being protected by Hiro and Ivanna. Now, each girl produced a sword her ankle and stands at the tip of an imaginary eight pointed star with Hiro in the middle, on his knee,  as he is exhausted from protecting Sylvia's reckless amok. 

"Damn crazy bitch. Behave yourself!" Clementine slaps Sylvia's shoulder before get in position.

From that position, they begin stepping outward in unison, each thrusting razor sharp weapon weapon in one hand, the other hand modestly tucks into the small of her back.

From nearly 30 meters away, Dan and his two underlings watch Hiro and her girls work their way forward, beheading zombie after zombie as the advance. The three male ninja already knew Kurotsuchi has been much better fighter than them, but the three other women are even above Kurotsuchi. 

The red haired beauty, Ivanna skillfully draws in mindless attackers and decapitate them. The tall beauty with brown skin, Sekrit is dancing gracefully while any zombies near her collapse one by one. The short haired blond beauty, Clementine with slutty appearance often dash beyond the circle to kill zombies before returning to her position in no time. She just just leaps several meters away, kill some zombies, then leap back the circle. She keeps repeating such action. 

The three men of only ten other men in all of Sooka who wield weapons with such skill, such grace and deadly accuracy. 

By the time, the girls reach the the three men, the hundreds of unmentionables lay still.

Danzo put his two palms connected before the hands change into several signs.

"Skeletons summoning."

As Danzo says that, suddenly over a hundred skeletons with rusted swords rise from the ground between the zombies. 

"Attack their neck and above!" Danzo shouts a command and skeletons start killing the puzzled zombies.

"So, this is your trump card." Hiro and Ivanna mutter at the same time.

"Now is our chance. Run!" Dan bellows and the group run in between zombies and skeletons.

Finally, they run past the horde and stop for a while to catch their breath. They look back, and the horde of zombies are reduced to half of their number. 

But still new zombies still coming from the village in small number. 

There is suddenly a terrible shriek, not unlike that which hogs make while being butchered. 

Dan knows at once what that are and reaches his sword most expeditiously.

"Hey, are that?"

"Could it be?"

The ninja and girls' face suddenly turn pale.

There are four zombies running a lot faster than usually sluggish zombies. Their hairs are white.

One of them dressed in trenchcoat with fingers look like sharp claws.

The other is a massive, brawny creature but its body is covered in pustules and bandages which wraps its entire body are stained black.

The third one is very tall ghoul which is over two meters with fangs coming out from its mouth. The final one looks more or less like the first ghoul Hiro and the girls encountered. The four scary looking ghouls are male.

"They are the four dark magic sorcerer who first turned into that.." Selene says that while trembling as if her trauma resurfaces.

The four creatures strike the skeletons one by one.

"This is bad. The skeletons can't handle that. This is my last."

Danzo then summons several dozens of skeletons.

"Attack only the four!"

"Now, run!"

They run as fast as possible, leaving the horde until they are blocked by a group of zombies. This group only  has about fifty zombies but the worrying aspect about the group is there are three white haired zombies.

"Hei..I thought there only four of them left.. These three.." Genma is having a cod sweat.

"No. This... They are just turning into the white.." Selene says with trembling body which I hug with my left hand and my right hand holds her right. My chest touch her back. She doesn't mind me, she even clench my palm.

The normal zombies immediately attack us while the three intelligently waiting for their chance.

Sekrit cut the throat of a zombie when she hears quick steps approaching her from behind. Sekrit turns, blade at the ready, and is met with the regrettable visage of white haired monster, its arm outstretched and its mouth agape. It seems to be just turned into ghoul. Its skin is not yet discoloured, and its eyes not yet dust. He lumbers towards Sekrit at an impressive pace, forcing her to jump several steps away. 

The second ghoul is a lady, and much longer turned than the other one. She rushes at Ivanna, her clawed fingers sways clumsily about. Ivanna lifts up long skirt covering her pant, disregarding modesty and delivers a swift kick to its wrist before retreating.

The third is an unusually tall male ghoul, and seems to be long turned. It jumps at Clementine which she retaliates with her dirks but it dodges. It possesses a great deal of quickness to dodge series of her attacks. Its hand reaches her but she somehow blocks. It has tremendous strength as Clementine is thrown several meters away upon blocking. 

The rest of the group can't help as they are being swarmed by zombies.

3