Chapter 60: Goodbye
531 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon 5 minutes, the shadow binding weakens as one by one of the zombies move.

"So, Mirai-chan is already far from here." Genma says in relief. He already killed about forty zombies while they were in bind. 

The hard part is now. He is surrounded by zombies and even the three rare ghouls.

Suddenly, another Genma appears beside him. This  man's appearance is exactly as the same as him. Then, another person that perfectly resembles Genma appears. The appearance continues until there are seven Genma altogether.

Each Genma then goes towards different direction, killing zombies in different parts of the area. 

***

The party arrives at the entrance into the sanctuary. It is just 20 meters gap between two hills. The distance from the entrance to last area they encountered zombies is less than 1 kilometer, which means the zombies should be frequently roaming here.

Dan furrows his eyebrows while looking around suspiciously, before putting Mirai down.

 Sylvia also descends from Hiro's body. 

"We said before. There is magical barrier that blocks those creatures from entering the sanctuary. As long my grandmother is alive, the barrier is there." Selene elucidates, in annoyance.

Selene enters,. followed by the rest of the party. 

Dan and Hanabi are open-mouthed when they see the marvelous view of nature in there. 

"Let's meet grandmother."

They walk into the house, finding the old woman, Helena sitting anxiously in the living room.

Selene immediately crouches and holds her.

"What happens, grandma? You look really pale. Why are you trembling?"

She just looks at each the face in there, not saying anything for a while.

"Everyone. Have a sit."

As there is not enough chair, everyone sit on the wooden floor.

Selene seems restless. 

"Selene, I told you many times already.... I am very old and I could pass away any moment." 

"Nooo...." Selene grabs Helena 's thigh and shakes her head. 

"Everyone. The barrier protecting this sanctuary from the creatures is only there because of me. Lately, my magic energy is very weak. I know my time in this world is not much."

"Nooo.." Tears slightly accumulate in Selene's eyes. 

But Dan looks very worried and asks,

"Madam. Are you saying the barrier is no more?"

Helene just sighs and nods, that makes the girls chaotic. 

"Oh, my god." Ivanna.

"Should we leave this place as soon as possible?" Sekrit.

"The zombies will swarming in." Sylvia.

"Let's pick up our things!"  Clementine. 

"Yes. You girls should do that now." 

After Helene says that, the girls run to their rooms, leaving Hiro, Dan dan Selene. 

Helene bows down.

"Thank you, mister ninja. You have reduced thousands of those creatures to several hundreds at cost of your life." She says before turning to Hiro.

"Hiro. I have a favour to ask." She says while glancing at Selene.

"No. I will be here with you, grandma. Forever."

Selene shakes her grandmother's body. 

The old woman just gently touch the girl's hands.

"Hiro. I have been worrying about this child's fate. With you, she can escape this god forsaken place. Even in the outside world, she is in good hand if it is you."

Hiro holds Selene's arm. He hears her whispers... "No...No...No...No....No....No....No....No...." said repeatedly.

The old woman holds her granddaughter's oval face with both her palms.

"Listen, my beloved Selene. You will follow this man even to the depth of hell. You know I won't survive due to my age. In the future, you need families you can share your happiness and sorrow."

After cleaning Selene's tears with her wrinkled fingers, Helene turns towards Dan.

"I don't a single of that creature alive. The curse must end here. So, I will use my remaining magic to call every single of those things to here."

Dan closes his eyes for a while and responds.

"Madam. I will stay by your sides until the end. If you run out of magic, I will eliminate every single of that things with my trump card."

Strength is suddenly ignited in the dying old woman's eyes after hearing the man's firm resolution. He plans to die here from the beginning. 

She knew that after watching from here, how the men sacrificed themselves one by one. She knew his intention to die but hearing the conviction first hand fills her with strength.

"Hiro-dono. Kurotsuchi ojou-sama, Hanabi, and Mirai. They are all in your hand." 

Hiro, throwing away any doubt, looks at the man and the old woman straight into their eyes and says with conviction.

"Yes. I promise that they will be my family."

After several minutes, sound of many steps running to the living room.

The girls are carrying various luggages. Ivanna passes a two large luggages, one containing that mobile toilet.

"Thank you for taking Selene's luggages." Helene bows to Sylvia who carries two more luggages beside hers. Sylvia put the two luggages beside Selene.

Selene is dumbfounded.

"Grandma. You put those stuffs, clothes into the luggages? How did you walk to my room?"

Selene mutters in disbelief.

"This is my last energy for my beloved granddaughter. I pack all your important things. So, don't worry."

Selene embraces Helene and cries loudly.

***

I walk quickly under the falling snow with my left hand hugging Selene's slim waist. 

Surrounding us are the three kunoichi, Kurotsuchi, Mirai and Hanabi. 

Clementine is beside Selene and Sekrit is beside me.

Ivanna is leading our way and Sylvia is behind me.

It has been several hours since we left the sanctuary. 

I had always thought that we would be forced to wander in the wilderness again but I never expect it happens so soon.

Sekrit rests her head on my shoulder when our steps become slow. 

"It's lucky that there is secret path from the sanctuary that leads us straight to White City."

The old woman, Helene told us there is secret path in the sanctuary that could lead us straight to Ivanna's place, White City. 

Although we still have to travel for several days under harsh weather, Ivanna is immensely delighted. 

Furthermore, Helene even gave her something like compass that permanently points to the direction of White City.

2