Chapter 81: Teagan Guerrin
357 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Teagan pierced his sword into the body of a large man. Another foe slashes him from behind but he somehow manages to evade. His sword is still the dead man that collapses onto the ground. 

The foe continues to attack but he dodges his combo attacks skillfully before drawing his dagger to parry the incoming blade. 

The shocked opponent is helpless when Teagan punches his face.

"Argggh!" The man instinctively holds his bleeding nose with both palms. Teagaan takes that chance to stab the dagger into his chest. 

Another Arkland knight killed, Teagan pulls out his sword from the preceding corpse. 

He observes the surroundings. There are about one hundred Arkland knights remaining. 

He starts worrying as his nephews are nowhere to be seen. He runs towards the area with a lot of Eamon soldiers to find his nephews.

Teagan suddenly feels a presence and stops in his tracks.

“…looks like I have a guest.”                                                                                          

Someone is hiding among the men. It is definitely not someone from his faction: a sticky, heavy aura of killing intent permeated from this person.

It is the typical aura of a warrior, something he has learned to recognize after years of experience.

“Just my luck…if I have to play at night, I only want to do it with pretty girls, though…”

Teagan turns a corner and arrives at an empty space.

There aren’t any ally around luckily. It is the perfect spot to go a little wild.

He draws the sword at his waist and throws the sheath he is carrying on the ground. Them, he asks a question to the person.

“Ready and waiting here…what about you?”

The answer comes in the form of an arrow.

He dodges it without much effort and a second, third one follows.

“Hm, there…!”

As he continues dodging the arrows, he feels a presence overhead.

“Take thiiiisss!!!”

A man jumps from a group of fighting men. The arrow attacks were meant to lead him here, apparently.

“What are you doing, shouting during an ambush? Third-rate trash.”

“Gah…!”

He quickly dodges the man’s dagger and slashes his head clean off.

He then catches the dagger falling from his hand and throws it in the source of the arrows.

“Ghaah!!”

“Bingo! Who’s next?”

He doubts they actually answer his call, but two men armed with swords appear from the front, then one with an axe from the back, attempting to pincer him.

“Yaaahhhhh!!!”

“Dieeee!!!”

The two swords from the front come first. He leans to the side and slips through the opening between them.

“What!?”

“Come on here.”

“Gwaah!?”

He pulls one of the men’s hands to make him lose his balance, then circles behind him and kicks his back.

He kicks him exactly in the direction of the axeman, who is aiming to strike him from behind but ends up splitting his comrade’s head in two.

“Don’t think half-assed teamwork like that is ever going to work on me!!”

After taunting the aggressors, Teagan cut down the other swordsman. Only the axeman remains.

“D-damn you!!”

“Wait, you!!”

The axeman tosses his weapon to the ground and hightails it. Surprised by the sudden turn of events, he doesn’t chase him immediately.

“You killed your own comrade and now run away? What the hell did you come for then!? Aren’t you going to avenge them!?”

“Shut up!! My own life is more important than any of that!! Comrades? Screw that!!”

While exhibiting almost refreshing selfishness, the man and his presence disappears into the crowd.

It would be fairly dangerous to chase him through the chaotic situation, so Teagan decides to let him go.

"Mister. You are good." 

 It is a light, clear female voice, like a breeze blowing through open plains.

"I am not as strong as David Lassic, Leonas Bryland or Loghain Mac Tir. But I am one of the top in Redcliffe." He answers.

He hears footsteps coming closer, and eventually, the owner of the voice steps before him.

She is a beautiful woman with navy hair in a braid with one tail stretching down to her nape. In her hands, she carries a spear. She is as tall as average men.

She twists the handle and points the tip of the lance towards him. Every single one of her movements are graceful and refined, almost mystical.

"You are .... Jeremy's fiancee." His eyes go wide but she innocently replies,

"Je... Jeremy? Who is that? ...Hmm...Come to think about it, I used to be betrothed."

Teagan's eyes narrow as he examines her closely from head to toe, then he nodds vigorously.

"She’s killed her fair share, no doubt about it"... he thinks.

He could not find any real opening in her stance.

Her aura made it clear that any hesitation or reckless strike would end up with her spear impaled in his body.

She is either a veteran mercenary or a knight despite her young age.

A whole nother level from the guys in black before. Definitely his greatest threat today, he thinks…

The girl wears a simple white dress with a leather half-plate over it. The dress has long slits that generously expose her bare legs. Yellowish skin that gleams under the sun. Honestly speaking, she looks terribly appetizing.

“That’s quite the provocative dress you’re wearing. Doesn’t that get in the way during your fight?”

The tall beauty points her spear to one of the corpses sprawls on the ground.

“Though I must say that I joined forces with those people for the first time today, and I do not know where they come from. But as a fellow knight, I must avenge them."

"I saw how good you are. So, I requested a one on one duel against you but my superior didn't allow it. A complete waste of an opportunity."

“A waste, you say?”

He asks with a suspicious frown on his face.

“Yes. I proposed to challenge you to a duel, to face you one by one, in order. Though, they didn’t even consider it and left me out of any further discussion.”

So the beautiful knight explains, with a disappointed tone in her voice.

He finds her willingness to fight fair and square commendable, but it isn’t an intelligent strategy.

Despite her calm and collected exterior, could it be that she is just an idiot?

“Well, now it’s just you and me, so all’s well that ends well, I guess. I took this request because I wanted to fight you, actually. There’s no one in the way anymore, so let’s cross swords to our heart’s content, shall we?”

“…I see, so that’s your type.”

There are some people who feel most alive when they fight with their lives on the line. They call them “battle junkies”, though for Teagan, they’re just troublesome fools. Apparently she is one too: the only thing she is thinking about is fighting him in a duel to the death.

Talking isn’t getting me anywhere, evidently.

He exhales a long breath, then readies his sword in a fighting stance.

His blade is then pointed to his opponent’s ample bosom.

“No point in wasting words, huh. Looks like it’ll be faster to let our weapons do the talking.”

“How interesting…let’s see if I can match your skill!!”

His beautiful opponent bares her fangs, like a lioness targeting her prey.

“I am Irijina Wolls. Let our bodies and souls burn in the joy of battle!!”

The princess of the battlefield — Irijina thrusts her spear, which he meets with his sword.

The two weapons clash loudly, scattering vivid sparks on field.

2