Chapter 150: Goodbye, Bella
239 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an instant, she is overwhelmed by the smell of blood. Lyla doesn’t know it is his own blood at first.

"Wha…. What?"

Blood spewed out from her jugular. The neck. A defenceless part of the body with no muscles. But slicing the spot just right down one’s face is not something that could be done easily. That goes double for someone as strong as Lyla. And yet, her neck was slashed, no doubt, although she has no idea how.

Her confusion doesn’t last long. Beyond the gushing blood, Lyla spots the figure slipping right by her flank.

With a grunt, she swing her sword. Its power is a lot weaker than the one earlier, but it is enough to cut a man in half. Given the distance, she is sure the tip of her sword would hit.

"Tch!!"

Kurotsuchi quickly leaps back with enormous force. It is a jump that far exceeds her physical abilities, allowing her to evade the tip of Lyla’s sword.

"They you are!"

Lyla charged straight at Kurotsuchi. Excessive use of physical power weakens the effects of Stealth.

Lyla swings her sword downward at an incredible speed. Kurotsuchi frantically tries to escape. Her ninja skills Power Burst is doing wonders, but it drained too much physical stamina when used multiple times.

Kurotsuchi has to somehow get out of her opponent's sight to reactivate her stealth.

Her cloak, which would’ve been perfect for blocking Lyla’s field of vision, had been sacrificed earlier. All she had on her hands were pebbles, but they weren’t enough for the task.

No, wait. She figures out something.

There is a way she could block the Lyla’s vision for a second.

"What a strange art. Is it magic? Are you done now that I know where you are?"

"Not necessarily." Kurotsuchi replies confidently.

"What?!"

With both palms, Kurotsuchi throws the whole pebbles towards Lyla's face. 

A moment ⁠— a split-second ⁠— is all she needs. 

Having lost sight of her opponent momentarily, Lyla couldn’t perceive her any longer, even though she is still standing on the same spot.

The fact that it is dim inside helps as well, and that Kurotsuchi has black hair and is wearing black clothes. 

Although Invisibility magic could be used anywhere and in any situation, the effects of Stealth is limited. 

Stealth wouldn’t have been restored if they are out in broad daylight.

"Where are you?!"

Lyla blocks her face as the pebbles rain over her upper body.

Kurotsuchi dashes through the wall and finds out Suzy is still leaning on the wall, butt on the floor, and hugging her knees, trembling.

She slaps Suzy, pulls her up and activates Invisibility. 

She pulls Suzy, striding through another wall to the castle compound. Suzy only gawks while Kurotsuchi pulls her through another wall to the Abram City. 

They run to the backyard of a building. 

There, Kurotsuchi removed her black clothing and keep in her bag. 

"Let's go!"

Meanwhile, in the training hall, Lyla stands still with slightly bleeding neck. 

Several men rush into there. 

"Knight Lyla. Where is the intruder?"

"She escaped."

Reminded of the whole situation, Lyla turns to the men in panic,

"How's Lord Lubreo?"

"He is unharmed. He, Lady Soraya Zoen and others are being trapped behind ice prison."

"...?"

"Don't worry. The ice prison is melting. Having said that, it may take hours."

Who are those women? I have never seen such abilities? These thinking fill up her mind.

***

Bella in different clothing, is hiding in a carriage full of boxes. 

"Thanks, Mister Tan. I know I can count on you."

The chubby guy smiles,

"What are you talking about? You paid me."

"Hoi, we need depart now. It's dangerous." Another man on the driver seats yells nervously.

It's not hard to get help because against most people in Abram dislike Lubreo Lambert. 

I walk to the back of carriage. 

Beside me are Mirai who teleported Bella until here, in Sandal Village. Sekrit and Ivanna are behind me. 

"Master Peddler. Thank you for saving me." First time I see Bella talks innocently.

"My name is Hiro."

"Master Hiro, thank you. I owe you my life, everything."

I take her hand and put a pouch on her palm.

"500 silver coins, use them wisely."

Before I could say further, Bella kisses me deep.

I enjoy the tongue entangling for minutes. 

"Sorry, but we need to leave immediately!" The driver shouts.

Our lips part. 

As the carriage starts to move, I tell her,

"Don't go around sleeping with random men!"

Bella cries as she becomes further from us.

"Actually, it's better for us to leave immediately." Sekrit advises uninterestedly.

"I won't leave here without some local women." I declare my oath.

"I agree we must teach that womanizer Lubreo a lesson." Ivanna adds.

The usually expressionless Mirai nods several times.

2