Chapter 289: Historic Banquet
91 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A beautiful carriage stops in front of Redcliffe castle and the shadow of a person steps out once the horses come to a halt.

This scene is very reminiscent of the time Margrave Minerva Blare came to Winterwatch Tower with me, but this time, it was  refreshing after over 6 months, as I even invite her to Redcliffe castle.

The crimson haired woman aligns her feet together and jumps down the not particularly tall carriage, making sure she doesn’t fall off, then uses long but slow steps to walk in my direction as soon as she sees me ready to greet her at the entrance.

"Welcome to my humble abode, my lady!"

I make sure to be polite to her because there are many aristocrats even from outside Redcliffe present, however the lady pays no attention and proceeds to face me with a beaming smile on her face.

This lady is the young head of the most powerful noble in Abram region who had brought me to this region, and even boldly declared me as a King.

"You are too humble, Your Majesty Hiro."

She doesn’t come to play today, but rather as a part of some official diplomatic business. 

This is the first open declaration of my kingdom to domestic aristocrats, new vassal regions as well as potential neighbouring allies.

The only neighbour excluded is Loghain Mac Tir of Gwaren region as he is the Prime Minister of Ferelden. 

A masculine but pretty girl strides out of carriage and stands beside Minerva Blare.

Fleuret Valois, the heiress of Valois family, one of three influential families in Abram, besides Blare and Lambert. Fleuret looks at me in disbelief.

"You...even the Redcliffe of the great noble..."

Before she could finish her sentence, steps are heard from the majestic entrance.

"Eeeeee...the person herself has shown up.." Minerva mutters to us while grinning.

After stopping beside me, Isolde pinches her skirt and curtsies gracefully, prompting me to smile and respond in kind with Minerva and Fleuret quickly following suit, lowering their heads in a respectful bow.

Despite merely inheriting her political stature from her deceased husband, she is still a Marquis and one of the great Ferelden noble, which naturally means Minerva and Fleuret are lower in standing.

Ivanna, Farnese and Myla show up after Isolde. Minerva glances at Ivanna; her smile widens.

Isolde aside, Myla, Farnese and Ivanna are also bowing in an acceptable manner. However, being stared by Minerva, Ivanna look very nervous. Oh, I remember they used to be lesbian sex partner for a while.

"It has been so long, Ivanna. Did you miss me?" Minerva smirks.

"Forgive me, I.... I don't know what you speak about." Ivanna's face reddens.

"Hey, we used to sleep together...spent intimate time together...with Irijina..." She teases Ivanna persistently. Minerva seems to enjoy this.

"Uwaaaaaaaaah!!"

Ivanna tries to drown out Minerva by raising her voice.

But she was a second too late and all the castle’s guards as well as Farnese and Myla become puzzled while I with Minerva and Fleuret all stifles our laughter.

Ivanna..Don’t stare at me, that just now wasn’t any fault of my own.

"Well then Your majesty, let’s show Margrave Blare to the banquet hall."

Farnese, sensing the weird vibe between the two girls cuts in between them with perfect timing.

It doesn’t take long for Isolde to realize as well, laughing with a ‘hohoho’ while taking my arm, accompanying me into the entrance like a pair of  spouse. 

Myla is looking at the whole situation with a strained smile.

She says, 

"Regardless, we won’t only be having Abram come today, but all the Redcliffe nobles as well as some of neighbouring aristocrats. This isn’t the right time to be reminiscing weird things."

We will be holding a banquet this time not just to verify the amicable relationship with Abram, but also to convince all Redcliffe nobles and some strategic neighbouring aristocrats.

I was the one who planned it.

By the way, most of the head of families from Hyuutia region are here.

After half of an hour of chit-chatting among the guests, a butler's voice rings through the hall.

“Ladies and gentlemen! I present to you the leader of the envoys from the Venetian city state, Federico de Vandimion, his wife Charlotte de Vandimion and his eldest son, Magnifico de Vandimion!”

At this moment, the grand hall’s guests lower their voices, and the mood of joviality in the air dies down.

Two men and a woman enter.

As the great doors opened, the entire hall falls silent.

"That famous family really come here."

"That's the family who spreads influence in seven states in Thedas."

People are talking in hushed voices.

Federico bows and kiss Isolde and Minerva's right hand.

“We welcome your presence, Lord Federico." Isolde and Minerva lead the envoy towards the main dining hall which I am standing at. 

I am at a round table with many similar but less extravagant tables around us. 

The Vandimion trio, me, Isolde, Minerva, Fleuret, Ivanna, Myla, Albert, Kyla,  and Farnese. 

Rowan, Farnese's bodyguard who we have just released from prison is at another table.

While glancing at his daughter, Federico speaks to us,

"It's an honour to meet well known person in the continent...one of the great noble of Ferelden, the new lord of Blare, the Hyuutia family and even heiress to Valois."

Federico is a severe-looking man, with a thick beard and mustache neatly trimmed under narrowed eyes, and his face framed by wavy hair. Federico is tall and lean. He is finely dressed at all times, being a wealthy man who can afford it.

"Huhu...we are honoured by your words, Lord Vandimion." Minerva answers as if she is the leader of this female aristocrats.

"Such an honor you pay us this night." Myla replies.

"Still, as expected of Blare and Hyuutia families, to have such beautiful heiresses." Magnifico seems lack the class of her father. 

However, Magnifico looks like a younger splitting image of his father, having the same hooked eyebrows, nose, jawline, and curly blond hair. He is dressed in the same regalia as would be found in the Vandimion family, including a cloth feathered hat, a ruffled collar, and an elegant necklace.

"Huhu.... Madame Charlotte de Vandimion still like in her early twenties." Isolde praises Federico's wife. Although calling Charlotte as early twenties is an exaggeration, she does look in her thirties.

Charlotte  is a middle-aged woman who carries herself with dignity at all times. She wears expensive clothing and jewelry. She wears a fontange on her head. Madame Vandimion has blonde hair, and it appears that Farnese has inherited most of her facial features from her. She seems tall and slender.

"Thank you. But Madam Kyla Hyuutia is beautiful as well.....hmmm.." Charlotte's gaze stops at the me, only young man there. 

"My. My. Such a rare face with masculine body. Might I inquire as to your noble name?"

Charlotte bites her lips and gulps her saliva as if she is aroused.

"Madam Charlotte, is it? I understand. My name is Hiro, and my family name is Hezri. I am the one invite you to here." 

Though bathed in Charlotte’s leering, I, carry on as though he has not noticed it at all.

Meanwhile, Farnese who sits beside me only looks at the plate meekly.

"Ah, I see. May I then inquire as to the reason you have graced us with your invitation?"

"Forgive me, my lady. Trump card should only be revealed at the end." I smile confidently.

"..."

"Interesting." A sweet smile blooms on Charlotte’s beautiful face. I cannot avoid looking at her chest..Her breasts are just slightly bigger than Farnese and her body emits a strong pheromone. I feel a wave of heat surge up from my lower body.

Meanwhile, Magnifico looks back and forth between Ivanna and Myla as if enchanted by their beauty.

Philip hurriedly picks up a glass and drink the wine in a gulp.

 Federico turns his sight to Isolde as he believes she is the most powerful person here due to her position as one of Ferelden's great noble. Despite losing a large land, which is Arkland, Ferelden is by far the biggest state in the continent upon chaotic situation in Olga Federation. 

"I am truly sorry for your loss, Marchioness. Although I only met him once in my lifetime, the late Marquis Eamon Guerrin is the best man ever borne Ferelden." Federico praises Isolde's late husband earnestly. Isolde turns slightly grim.

He continues, "You must be lonely and have to work hard after his demise."

Hearing that, Isolde's mood suddenly change. She grabs my left arm without second thought. Her large breasts are squished onto my left arm and chest.

Her smile suddenly turn radiant. Her whole action surprise the Vandimion.

Isolde excitingly says, "But now I have found a man of my dream. I have given Hiro the rulership of Redcliffe and he now even the entire northern Dioral. Hyuutia also pledges fealty to him. He even spreads his wing into Korcari Wilds. The inhabitants there is under him!"

"Yes,. it's true. We, the Hyuutia and entire nobility has chosen this man over Dioral."

The composed and noble trio gawk and their eyes widen. There are too many shocking revelations that they don't know where to start.

I take that chance to stand up and stride gallantly to the large banner behind us.

It shows our insignia, depicting "A Hammer and a book".

"As you already know, I, Hiro Hezri hereby  proclaim myself as the king of this new state, Hezri Kingdom. Redcliffe and its extended territory, Hinterland and Fort Connor had abandoned Ferelden and joined us. The northern Dioral had United under house of Hyuutia to abandon Dioral to join us. The whole inhabitants of Korcari Wilds, led by the Dalish tribe has sworn fealty under me!"

The trio and several of aristocrats in the hall become dumbstruck.

2