Chapter 334: Breach into Torun
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Around that time when the sun is just beginning to appear and illuminate the entire city.

Currently, they are encamped at the front gate of the Torun city.

It would have been more reasonable to occupy the buildings in the area, but they chose this way to appear more considerate to the people.

Because after the coup is over, it will be them who will rule this city.

“Commander Sylvia, we have received some information from our collaborat.”

Sylvia, witnessed by her father and Rihito unfolds the letter she has just received from the man sent by Hanabi. 

Sylvia smiles.

"Hiro and others are safe. They have been sneaking around the city since early morning."

The two men are relieved. 

The letter contains a detailed map of the city’s military strength and where they are deployed.

All of this information came from Reina, the thief.

“…amazing. With this much information, the enemy is as good as naked to us.” Noir voices up.

“Yes, and it seems that Reina is also planning to set fire to the stables and cause a commotion. We should use this to our advantage to position the siege weapon we have captured, and attack them all at once.”

Riheet goes to resting soldiers and shouts,

"Have all troops prepare to attack. The smoke from inside the city will rise soon. Use that as a signal.”

“Understood, Riheet. You there, inform the commanders of the units to prepare for the attack!”

After that, the messengers are scattered to tell the units to hurry up and get ready.

Seeing the rebels' troops beginning to move, the enemy troops on the ramparts also begin to stir.

After all the troops have been deployed, they wait for the smoke to rise.

At that moment, they see white smoke rising from inside the castle. Soon it turns gray and then black.

“Commander Rihito!”

“I know! Let’s go ! All units begin to attack!”

At the Riheet’s order, the entire force begins its assault.

They are in the range of the enemy’s bows, but there is still nothing coming at them. The other side seems to be panicking because of the sudden fire.

"We’re going to break through the center like this! All units, move with haste! Do it while our allies can still unleash hell on the enemy soldiers in the ramparts!”

Riheet preserved the highly skilled 1st Unit and let the 2nd Unit led by dark elf elites advance to the front of the line.

The front gate is being lowered down. 

“Commander Riheet, the gates are opening!”

“Good! We’ll charge in as soon as they are fully open and make a breakthrough. Tell the 2nd Unit to move in as soon as we breach!”

Finally, the gate is completely open and the door connects the two grounds separated by moat. The rebels cross the lowered bridge and enter the castle rushing.

"Brita, Farnese, Hiro!"

They notice the trio who are wounded and holding the rotators. 

"Get some men and protect the king. Get someone to treat their wounds!" Riheet orders.

Irijina, Sekrit, Sylvia and Gertrude's eyes meet Hiro's but he gives cue to them to proceed.

They reluctantly run behind the raiding team further into the city. 

Noir stops before Hiro and stares at him.

"I am Sylvia's father."

"So, you are Count Noir Virginia." Hiro replies while sitting cross legged.

Noir immediately prostrates before Hiro.

"I am forever grateful to you for saving my daughter's life and taking care of her until now!"

Hiro only smiles nonchalantly.

***

"Marchioness Sylvia. Count Riheet and his two teams are being ambushed. Countess Sekrit is with them!"

"It's fine. We proceed!"

BOOM!!

Immediately after she says this, a huge explosion occurs on the lower side of the west wall.

When they look, they see that a part of the wall has been gouged out in a semicircle shape.

It must be Selene’s magic. The fire incidents at various places were also caused by her as well.

This will further disorient the enemy soldiers on the ramparts, making it even more difficult to defend the gate.

“Now is an opportune time. Now that the inner walls on both sides are breached, we’ll charge into these openings."

Sylvia gives the order, and two units of soldiers rush forward at once.

Thanks to the bombardments, there is almost no interception from the walls, which they had been wary of.

“4th Unit, make way for the center!”

Sylvia gives orders to her men, who are fighting to the death in front of her.

At the sound of her voice, the vassal in command of the unit turned around.

“All troops, clear the way! Commander Lucy is coming through. You’ll get run over if you don’t get out of the way!”

With his shouted order, the road opened.

The enemy troop is advancing, but the rebels are moving faster than them.

“All of the 5th Unit, hold your shields! The rest of you charge! We will kick the enemy out and break through all the way to the main entrance of the castle!”

As soon as the words are finished, their allies readied their shields, and they charge in as if protected by them.

The moment they come in contact with the enemy, their momentum dropped, but it does the rest, smashing through their ranks.

“We have broken through! Now, all we need is to get into the enemy’s rear and finish them in one fell swoop!”

“Make the 6th Unit who has broken through continue the assaults to the enemy’s rear, and while at it, have them make a pincer attack with the 3rd Unit! The rest of you follow me!”

They aren’t riding horses this time because they know it would be a tight indoor battle.

Because of the chaos, they couldn’t see clearly what is happening around them, but they manage to navigate through our target thanks to Reina’s reconnaissance.

The team move straight toward the enemy’s main camp, which could be seen ahead.

“We’re almost there… damn. The last inner wall is thick.”

Why did she say that? It’s because the last unit to stand in the way of the main castle is familiar to her.

The Count’ heavy infantry unit.

They are clad in thick armor, and no matter how many times they have fought in the past, they will not be broken through that easily, even if they are the 1st Unit… or so that’s what she thinks.

Just as she fears that their momentum would be killed by these walking walls, a spear comes flying from behind them with a whistling sound.

The projectile pierces the enemy who is standing in the center and even penetrates the soldiers who are right behind him.

“I found something good, so I went to get it.”

With these words, Irijina appears, the first to enter the battle.

Her white costume is stained with blood, but she does not appear wounded. Her left hand is holding her heirloom spear.

Looks like she was the one who threw the spears.

What a tremendous strength.

“Irijina, thank you. Can you do one more job for me?”

“Of course. I always welcome those people who fight on the side of justice.”

Seeing her charging figure, men of the raiding unit are also roused by it, and just like that, they slaughter the heavily-armed infantry in front of them as if their armour don’t matter.

Sylvia shudders at the sight of this frenzied fighting she has not seen in a long time.

The enemy has collapsed. We’re going into the main camp!”

Utilizing the breakthrough made by Irijina and the others, they finally arrive at the main citadel where the count is.

The 5th Unit stood before Sylvia, replacing the heavily exhausted raiding Unit.

They break through the main entrance and enter the castle hall.

Then, at the top of the stairs at the back of the hall, they see something.

It is a huge man standing in a dignified manner.

“You have done well to reach this place, you rebels. But your march ends here.”

The strong-looking man, who has even a bigger presence than the mighty raiding units, draws his  sword.

At the same time, about a hundred fully armed soldiers appear from the door leading to the entrance.

The man takes lead, pointing his raised sword at Sylvia. Then he speaks again.

“For I, Luke Jaworski, will crush your puny coup today!”

1