Chapter 337: Torun Subjugated
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gertrude is by far the faster of the two, but the count defends himself well, as if he could read the trajectory of her sword.

Also, the body of the old man who has received her attack does not even move an inch.

“…he’s more powerful than I thought he would be.”

“Damn right I am. I am the head of a long-standing count family, defenders of Torun. I have a different pedigree compared to those nobles!”

Count Jaworski laughs as he takes Gertrude’s attack head-on.

“This body may be old, but my experience and innate power are top-notch!”

Gertrude attacks again, but it is defended with minimal movement.

Apparently, she has enough power not to lose, but far from enough if she wants to win.

The old man is breathing more and more heavily, but he still seems to have plenty of leeways to spare.

Meanwhile, the confrontation between the veteran swordsman and young swords woman is heating up.

“I have slaughtered my enemies many times in my life, but you are the first to have disturbed me to this extent!”

Gertrude insists with a slash, but the count catches her sword and replies while they are locked in a fierce battle.

Gertrude tries with all her might to break the count’ stance, but it isn’t working.

Sylvia tries to interfere but her sword skills are too inferior compared to those two.

“I don’t care anymore! Let’s finish this…eh!?”

Gertrude is becoming slightly impatient with the time. The count does not miss it.

“You’ve gone too impatient, girl! This is it for you!"

The old man swings his sword with all his might as he attacks.

Gertrude could not withstand the violent collision and is knocked off her sword.

“Guuh…!!”

“Go train in the afterlife!”

The count swings his sword at Gertrude, who has lost her weapon.

It’s here. It’s now or never!

"Lightning!"

Sylvia draws his last magical energy and hits him with the final spell.

"Urggh. You...are sorceress??"

The old man was severely wounded but he still could swing his sword fiercely.

The swordless Gertrude removes the sheath of her sword from her hip and slides it into the approaching sword of the man.

Using the remaining momentum of her run, she does a slide tackle on his legs and knocks him to the floor. 

“‘Gghh… you bitch!”

But the count, too, grabs her in a death-defying frenzy and takes her with him, and they both roll around on the floor.

“Give it up already, old man! This is your end!”

“You bitch! I will not give you this city!”

They get into a tussle as they fall down.

Gertrude is atronger than most male warrior but the dying old man's strength is atill beyond hers.

“It is I who will give you death here, you old bastard! Just go to hell already!”

After saying that, Gertrude grabs the count by the collar and headbutts him as hard as possible. Then she mounts him.

“Ugh…!”

Seeing that the count’ strength is drained by the impact, she uses that chance to take out a dagger from her pocket.

She then stabs him in the chest without hesitation.

“Gahaaa!”

The dagger pierces right through the middle of his body and stabs him right through the heart, killing him.

After confirming that he is not breathing, she pulls out the bloody dagger and raises it.

“Count Jaworski is dead! We have won this battle!”

The sounds of clashing blades stop in response to her shaky voice.

Then, friend and foe alike, they all see her raising hee blooded dagger and the count’s body lying cold at her feet.

The allies shout a battle cry of victory while the count’s men slam their swords to the floor, either deflated or in frustration.

The battle finally ends. Torun city and northern Castall have been subjugated.

1