Chapter 352 : Ability Transfer
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am on a horse, observing the battlefield. Sekrit and Clementine have joined the battle much earlier. 

Myla and the gunner, Farnese on the same horse. Lupine and the archer, Gheyna in the same horse. 

We are moving slowly towards the battlefield.

Nojico is walking with the volunteer militias. 

Nojico is really amazing. She managed to rally nearly 5,000 villagers from western and eastern Castall by herself. These untrained villagers may be poor in melee combat but when we are outnumbered such as now, a large number of bodies are necessary. 

On the battlefield, Lyla seems to be greatly weakened due to fatigue. She had killed several hundreds of heavy infantry by herself but her movement is now sluggish.

"Your majesty, it's Lyla.." Myla is worried about her pole sister. 

"Myla..Farnese .do you remember how I defeated the monster, Mozguz back in Saint Albion?"

The two girls look at each other. 

"You defeated that monster with a super strength but in a normal situation you are weak."

I smile.

"That's not my strength. It was Lyla's. I borrowed her strength after she could no longer fight. That's my ability."

The women are perplexed. Ignoring them, I rush forward with my horse. The rest follows me. 

In no time, I reach Lyla who kneels down after killing two men. 

She is breathing hard. 

I unmount from my steed and catch her.

"You did enough, Lyla. It's my turn now."

"Hiro."

"Lyla. I am borrowing your ability. Third bonus: Points transfer is activated." 

This bonus ability is "Points transfer", one of the special abilities I gained upon activation of "Final Resurrection" when I was killed by hypnotized Lyla in Abram. 

The condition to activate this ability is for the person I want to take the ability points from is unconscious due to injury. The points transfer is actually temporary.

However, there is drawback. 10% of the points borrowed shall be permanently owned by me. In other words, upon completion, Lyla will be 10% weakened and I will gain 10% of hers permanently. 

Upon using this ability in Saint Albion, I gained 10% of Lyla's ability while Lyla became 10% weaker. Thus, I cannot use it many times. 

I slash a man who is swinging his spear at Lyla. The ability is already activated.

***

Margrave Sigismund Jagiellon is drinking tea in his tent when two men barge in.

"What is this rudeness?" Matgrave's right hand man scolds the men.

"Forgive us, my lord. We have bad news."

"What?" Margrave Sigismund Jagiellon stands up and walks closer.

"Our cavalry and heavy infantry have been totally annihilated!"

"What??" The two superior squeaks.

Another man adds, "Our 20,000 force has been reduced to half."

"What is this madness. I thought they only got less than 10,000 men!"

"Yes. Even 5,000 of them are mere villagers."

They look at each other, furrowing their eyebrows.

Silence envelopes the interior of the tent for a while.

"My lord. Please take a look at the battlefield now."

Margrave Sigismund Jagiellon starts trembling between fear and fury.

***

"Retreat-! -Pull back for now-!" Cry from the enemies side.

Somehow a bad trumpet is sounding when I am out of breath, and there are no more enemies in my surroundings.

"The enemy is retreating! Raise the cry of triumph!"

"Oooooooooooh–!!"

You guys are noisy, what are you so crazy about? When I look up I see the remaining enemies are  withdrawing. The infantry is also hurrying to run but there is also their fatigue so quite a few of them get taken out.

"Your majesty! You did it!"

"For now we got out of that crisis."

"Your majesty! Wait what is this?!!"  

"Amazing~! You did this by yourself?"

"Your majesty. You are good as that montrous girl, Lady Lyla."

Around me there are just 1,000 men including steel spear cavalry corpses exposed. By the way I don't remember the time when I kill about this much. Stares of astonishment are seen all around me, I snatch the spear that is covered in blood and liquid as well as the armor, and return to the headquarters.

I let the subordinates handle the cleaning of the spear and the armour while I go to sleep. As expected it has been a while since I’ve been this tired. A worried Farnese checks my entire body but there seems to be wounds everywhere. 

Despite borrowing Lyla's physical ability, I couldn't copy hee sword skills after all. 

In the last battle the enemies were skilled and outnumbered us, but the result was that we were able to force them back, the enemy should have suffered quite a lot of casualties too. We should have some breathing room until the next attack so I’ll sleep for a bit. Farnese and Nojico slip into the futon, and I fall asleep while feeling the soft sensation.

2