Chapter 414 : Scimitar
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unlike natural deluge disasters, the rainless flash flood lasted for less than fifteen minutes as if its purpose was merely to flush out the monsters from the Enoch village. The overrunning by hordes of trolls ended by the evening. The village was shocked by a small foray earlier in the day that resulted in the death of two men and abduction of a woman. Three days earlier, trolls made their first appearance via incursion at night which killed dozens of people, a dozen women were raped and killed. The night before, several women were taken away by trolls. There were small occasions where cows were stolen by trolls. 

Within less than three days, those monsters were flushed away into nothingness. Although the origin of the threat is out there, the villagers feel a sense of relief. 

The villagers roam carefully around the village to check the aftermath of the flood. Although most of the wooden houses are still intact, they require a lot of restoration work. 

The adventurers are already on the ground, ready to depart for their missing comrades.

"No good. I can't find them anywhere." Tina says.

"Have those two not been found yet?" Selene asks after coming from another lane.

Hamadryad is stepping on the ground, looking sorrowful.

"Forgive me. I overdid.." 

"Although a bit rough, you had saved the village. No one blames you." Hiro consoles the dryad.

Suddenly, the dray's expression changes.

"I found them. They are still alive. No..they just wake up."

"What happened to them?"

Hamadryad seems to be observing something unseen by others.

"Both girls are on a plank. The plank is being carried by trolls. It is heading towards a cave. I know where they are ......"

Hiro grabs her unclad shoulder,

"Where?"

She replies, "It's straight in the north of the village's entrance.... Forgive me. My power can't be used there.."

"It's fine. We will take them away!" He assures her.

Minutes later, the villagers surround them. Hamadryad is gone. 

"Amazing power."

"Thank you, lady elf!"

Selene receives the most gratitude from the villagers. 

She blushes.

Meanwhile, Tina the assassin had left the group and is now sitting alone on an elevated floor of a former house. 

Morgan approaches her.

"What's the matter, girl?"

"Leave me alone!" She turns her cute face away.

The old man leans on a pole of that former house right in front of her.

"Are you all right, gramp? Walking around like that."

"I am much better. Thanks to Lady Hamadryad."

Looking down, she says,

"At least I want to thank you."

Morgan smiles and replies, "The hero of the village doesn't need to thank someone like me."

"I am just a girl who ran around, flailing."

Ignoring her dilemma, he passes a dagger, slightly longer than hers.

"Oh, right. There is something I want to give you."

"This is.."

"A long time ago, my father won a bet against an adventurer."

She unsheathes it. It is a weird weapon. It is not short enough to be called a dagger and it's not long enough to be called a sword. Its shape is weirdly curved. 

"Are you sure? Isn't this your family heirloom?"

"I have no descendent anymore and my family is not a knight family. There is no such thing as a heirloom."

He adds, "This weapon saved me earlier today when others were killed. Even a weakling like me could kill many trolls with this weapon. It is called 'scimitar'". 

She stands up and faces him.

"This is something very amazing. Are you sure?"

He only smiles.

"A parting gift from an old man."

"I remember my past. When my mother was on her deathbed, I abandoned her, going to a neighboring town and forest. Then, I was forced to return due to my lack of ability. Here I am again, incapable of leaving the village."

He says sarcastically.

"Aah. That's why I hate talking to geezers. Remember this! I am the kind of person who does things half-assed!" 

Tina vows.

"I'll show you mine is the real deal!" She shouts while swinging the scimitar.

Morgan smiles satisfyingly as he feels he has passed down his dreams to someone he trusts like her own granddaughter. 

***

"Lady Hamadryad. What's actually in there?" Selene is having a final conversation with the spirit of the forest while the rest of her group is waiting outside the village. 

The dryad slightly floating from the ground says,

"Although it is within Korcari Wilds, it is already in the demon realm. Actually it is an intersection between this world and the demon realm. We, the spirits share the same world with humans but demons belong to another realm. Like animals, spirits are constrained to certain habitats. We could still move beyond that habitat despite being greatly weakened. But demons just can't escape from the demon realm. The only way for demons to pass through into the human world is by human summoning. It is the dame with angels. Angels live only in the angel realm but angels could only appear in the human world through human summoning."

Those words remind Selene about what her grandmother taught her. She confirms this matter with dryad,

"Lady Hamadryad, does that mean humans summoned those trolls and the mid tier demon into Korcari Wilds?"

The dryad nods, "There could not be any other way."

She adds, "The demons are weakened in the human world. The intersection where the girls are being kept is still in the human world. Thus, those demons are not at full strength but we don't know what manner of monsters are waiting for you there."

Selene nods. After pondering for a minute, she feels she has to confirm something, 

"A century ago, humans worship you but since church was here, they don't worship you. Are you displeased?"

Hamadryad slightly smiles and says,

"Humans don't worship me in the past but we do communicate frequently. And we, spirits hate being worshipped. Spirits only worship one God. Our only problem is the church has brought the false religion of worshipping three gods. In fact, some people in the church brought demons into this world."

1