Chapter 442: Mercenaries
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Red Army's strength is about 2,000 men while Wing of Orlais mercenaries has 200 men. Despite our superior number, we rely on the mercenaries as they are familiar with this region.

Separated from my battalion, my team and I mingle with the mercenaries.

Donning an unspectacular gambeson, the mercenaries don't realize that I am the king. 

Accompanying me are Lyla, Soraya and Clementine. 

Lyla dons a hauberk while Clementine's bikini-like armours are covered by a robe. Meanwhile, the sorceress Soraya wears a double breasted cloak with sleeveless cape overcoat. 

All eyes on us. There is no single woman aming the mercenaries. 

“Hey, the newcomer big bro, are you strolling  before greeting us?”

When we are leisurely walking, 7 people suddenly appear and surround us.

Hoodlums, but outlaws are a much better word for them, usually a mercenary troupe is composed by this kind of people.

“Yes, please treat us well”

It seems that they don’t like the way we talk.

“Oi oi, you must bow your head when doing your greeting as newcomers”

“I don’t know if you’re doing a cavalry raid or not, but a mercenary has their own rule”

“You even have a follower too”

When they draw near, Clementine suddenly says "what are we going to do with them?" I know what she meant, but I shook my head.

“So, what are you going to do to me?”

“Mercenary is all about strength, you know. Though it’s okay if you have skills”

They use their vulgar eyes to leer the three girls like licking all over her body.

Even though Clementine and Soraya are covered by cloaks, they are uniquely beautiful while Lyla whose body shape is visible from the fit clothing, looks sexy and cute. 

"If you have no problem, please lend that cute girl’s ass over there to us. Though, I don’t know if my oversized penis will broke her afterwards”

Hearing their vulgar words, Clementine draws her dirk.

Her boiling point is low as usual, but I pat her head ‘pon’ with my hand.

“You like to compare our sword, right?”

“You like to point every single thing, huh? There’s easier to understand way, you know”

Lyla takes her sword and points it at the vacant land.

“You’ll know if we fight, 1 vs 2 is okay, too”

“Don’t regret your decision!”

I don’t know that her boiling point is unexpectedly low too.

The situation is 1 vs. 2, even though it’s only a practice fight, there’s no bladeless sword here.

Soraya explains various things but, judging from how these guys behaved, there’s no need for rules.

“Begin!”

As the starting signal, Lyla charges.

She receives the foe's sword strike.

That man who receives her strike screams miserably as his shoulder dislocated and she leaves him as she goes towards her next victim.

Her next victim becomes confused and doesn’t know what to do seeing how she easily defeated his friend, as I expected, he sets up his sword in a defensive position like how ones sets up a toy sword in that position.

I’ll let you see hell for a bit.

Lyla raises her sword from below, then strikes his nether region with the bladeless side.

The thick sound as if something breaks could be heard, after that, the man emits foam and collapse due to his nether region being smashed.

“Someone else wants to try?”

Hearing my imposing taunt, the other friends escape all at once.

This is also okay, this match is not a courtesy or mere word for them, but a necessary lesson.

Even if Wing of Orlais resembles a regular army, with those sorts of people, it is far from good.

Those sorts of “mercenary tradition” are many, I hope this lesson became helpful to them.

I have to turn this place into a comfortable place.

***

The next day after I said those words, my battalion is ordered to head out.

They seem to have found the next territory.

The ruler is a baron who sent men to invade Hyuutia before.

There are many things I want to see, such as Eli’s command, and the whole battalion’s strength without me.

And, it’s been a long time, has my intuition grows duller? This is my chance to check it out.

“Soraya, don’t separate from my side. You must listen to my every command, okay?”

“Yes!”

Soraya Zoen has a good mind and could cast magical attacks.

But, her weak body is her only flaw, it’s potentially a fatal flaw of hers. Her hypnotizing eyes are great asset but there is a limit to its use.

I must thoroughly protect her.

0