Chapter 480: Prelude to Civil War
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reina the female thief and Mirai the female ninja had successfully stolen secret documents from the castle of Margrave Etienne de Chevin, the head of the Chevin faction. They passed it to Hiro at their base. Hiro, the supreme leader of the group recited its contents aloud before the two girls in the meeting room. Leonhardt Strauch, the man who acted as his tactician was also listening together with Claire the female merchant and the heiress of Hyuutia family, Myla, the blond haired fighter who was recuperating from severe wound. 

Hiro, the man who was their leader spoke,

"Margrave Etienne de Chevin, the head of the Chevin family and faction, had conspired with major factions in Orlais state. Jilk Chalons, the new head if Chalons faction and Mantillon de Haine, the veteran who leads Haine faction conspired with him. The new leader of Chalons faction, Selena Saxon mysteriously becomes their leader. It seems the neighbouring country in the north, Principality of Fanoss, also conspired with them. Their first target is the aristocratic families who are loyal to the Doucy family. I guess its head, Lothair de Doucy and his daughter, Clarice de Dousy will be very hard-pressed in the coming weeks. What makes things worse is the regional mafia, the 'Coterel' also conspired with them. This is the rumoured civil war."

Leonhardt Strauch reminded Hiro, "Your majesty, although you are a foreigner, you are dragged into Orlais state affair."

Hiro smiled and replied, "Doucy heiress, Clarice has become my lover after all."

Myla, Mirai and Reina, "Aren't we your lovers too?" The three girls voiced up simultaneously.  

"Sorry, girls. Ha ha ha." Hiro laughed off their jealousy. 

"Womanizer." Mirai complained.

How many mistresses do you intend to gather, your majesty?" Reina teased Hiro.

Hiro chuckled at the teasing from his female companions. "I assure you, girls, that my love for Clarice is one of a kind. You all hold a special place in my heart, but she holds the largest piece."

"Ehem. Please leave your family squabbling out of our official discussion." Leonhardt Strauch firmly scolded them.

Claire, the merchant, interjected, "Regardless of His Majesty's love life, we need to come up with a plan to help the Doucy family and prevent this civil war from happening."

Leonhardt nodded in agreement. 

"Yes, we need to act fast. Selene Saxon and her allies won't wait around for us to make a move. We need to gather as much information as we can about their plans and movements."

Hiro spoke, "I have connections with the Doucy family through Clarice. Perhaps I can reach out to them and offer our help."

Mirai, the female ninja, added, "I can infiltrate their bases and gather intel as well. 

Leonhardt nodded seriously, "I'll gather as much information as I can and come up with a plan."

Claire, the merchant, spoke up. "In the meantime, I can gather resources and funds for our mission. I have a few contacts who can help me with information gathering. We need to be well-prepared for any situation."

With the fate of Orlais state hanging in the balance, Hiro and his team worked tirelessly to gather information, plan their moves, and prepare for battle. It would be a difficult and dangerous mission, but they were determined to succeed and save the country from destruction.

Days went by, and Hiro's team had made significant progress in their mission. Leonhardt had gathered valuable information about the enemy's plans and movements, while Claire had secured funds and resources to support their efforts. Mirai had successfully infiltrated the enemy's bases and gathered valuable intel. Meanwhile, Myla the duchess and Irijina the spearwoman had taken on the task of training the Doucy family's guards and helping them prepare for any potential attacks.

Hiro had reached out to Lothair de Doucy and offered their help. The Doucy family had initially been skeptical about trusting a group of outsiders, but Hiro's relationship with Clarice had given them some reassurance. They agreed to work with Hiro's team and allow them to assist in their efforts to protect their family and the loyal aristocratic families.

As the team worked to prepare for the coming battle, they received a piece of information that shook them to their core. The enemy's plan was not just to overthrow the dominant noble families and take control of Orlais state but to ally with the neighbouring country of Principality of Fanoss and launch a joint invasion of the neighbouring states, Florence city state and Holfort Dukedom. The attack would be a surprise, and they planned to take control of Florence's strategic ports and Holfort's resources.

Hiro and his team were stunned by the revelation of the enemy's plan. It was clear that they needed to act quickly to prevent this invasion from happening, not just for the sake of Orlais state but also for the neighbouring states that would be affected by it. They gathered in their meeting room to discuss their next steps.

Leonhardt, the tactician, spoke up first. "We need to come up with a plan to disrupt their alliance with Fanoss. If we can prevent them from joining forces, we can weaken their attack and buy ourselves some time."

Mirai, the female ninja, suggested, "I can infiltrate the Principality of Fanoss and gather intel on their plans. Perhaps we can find a way to sway them to our side or at least delay their alliance with the enemy."

Leonhardt argued, but our current team here shall be spread thin. It is an impossible task unless you get help from Hezri Kingdom. Your majesty Hiro, you are the king of Hezri Kingdom after all."

Hiro pondered and replied, "I don't think we can get much help despite my position as the king there. First, our capitals in Redcliffe and Castall were too far. Secondly, back there, they had their hands full of problems."

After almost 2 weeks, Mirai, Reina and Claire returned with valuable intel on the enemy's plans and the status of their alliance with Fanoss. They reported that the alliance was not yet official, and there was still a chance to prevent it. However, the enemy was well-prepared for a long war and had a significant advantage in terms of resources and manpower. The king was not really into the meddling in Orlais affair but his only son, Prince Sullivan who was now studying in the capital of Orlais, Val Royeaux, was adamant. He fell in love with the scheming Selena Saxon, the main culprit of this civil war. Prince Sullivan and Countess Selena Saxon were officially betrothed 2 weeks before.

Leonhardt Strauch spoke, "We need to come up with a plan to disrupt their alliance with Fanoss, weaken their attack, and buy ourselves some time. I propose that we launch a preemptive strike on their bases, take out their key leaders, and disrupt their communication networks. This will buy us time to gather more information about their plans and movements."

After discussing their plans, Hiro and his team put their ideas into action. Mirai, the ninja, left for the Principality of Fanoss to gather intel on their plans, while Myla and Irijina continued to train the Doucy family's guards. Reina, the thief, used her skills to gather additional information on the enemy's movements, while Claire secured more funds and resources to support their mission.

Meanwhile, Hiro met with Lothair de Doucy to discuss their plan of action. They decided to launch a surprise attack on the Chevin faction's main base, hoping to catch them off guard and weaken their forces. Hiro also made a risky decision to approach the Coterel, the regional mafia, to see if they would be willing to join forces with them against the Chevin faction.

It was a dangerous move, but Hiro knew that he needed all the help he could get.

1