Chapter 537: Titan Squad
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

These hands-on fighting techniques were drilled into me by Lyla. 

After spinning and slashing the two enemies, I followed up the rotation by running forward.

A fierce slicing of wind could be heard as my longsword cut through a head and body respectively, strengthened by the energy of my dash.

Sekrit, Myla and Irijina might be far skilled and gifted than me in melee fighting, but my brute strength was at different level. Even Irijina who had greater raw strength than many male fighters, was weak compared to mine. 

Retaliating slashes from the enemy were so slow they seemed to be stopped.

I dodged one sword, then the second, then the third, and then slaughtered their owners with my long blade.

I was unable to evade the fourth slash to my waist, so I blocked with my longsword, proceed to tackle that soldier and finished him off after he fell by stomping on him.

The fifth sword which came along with the shriek of the man I just took out got grabbed with my bare hand and snapped in half after I tossed my longsword up in the air.

What I did was exactly like Lyla's way of fighting.

However, I was not skillful as that weapon missed my hand and fell into the ground. 

The enemy before, fortunately became dumbfounded by my surprisingly comical blunder.

"Iyaaa!" Malty took that chance to leap from behind him. She beheaded the dumbfounded enemy. He  died. Nonetheless, his head was not detached from his body, due to Malty's weak arms. 

Now the only one left was the commander who was meters away from me.

"Guards! Come....!"

Myla cut his words short with a shield bashing, walloping hers against his skull and splitting it open.

With a chance to look back, I saw the ground littered with hundreds corpses, and none who looked remotely able to get up and attack me from behind.

"......hiiih!"

"This is impossible...... it’s not real......"

Bystanding enemies immediately took steps backward.

Those I believed to be commanders hid behind their subordinates when their eyes met with mine.

"We can’t fight head-on against that kind of beast! Shoot him down! Kill him with crossbows!"

Crap, I had no shield now. I had no other choice except to deflect with my sword. My skill was too pathetic. I couldn't parry arrows accurately using thin blade.

Malty who was beside me, was also not skillful enough to parry arrows.

Just when I thought I was in a little trouble, other units rushed in.

They might be off their horses, but Mirai the kunoichi and Gheyna the Dalish archer were among them. 

"I saw what you did earlier. It was so fast my eyes couldn’t follow."

Mirai’s eyes were sparkling.

Hahaha, she had fallen for me all over.

Gheyna's two shots were faster than theirs. Their two archers were hit by Gheyna's arrows before they could shoot Malty and me.

During my escort unit’s fierce attack, the bow cavalry, Monfort-Doucy and Guiscard army also caught up and the opposing army started to collapse.

It’s not a rout. They were maintaining order and retreating to their headquarters.

In any case, the attack on the headquarters could finally began.

"They’ve pushed through! Stop them at all costs, those who can move go to the front!"

A group of large men came forth amidst the melee.

"Warhammer...... no, it’s even bigger. They’re equipped with giant hammers and large axes!"

"Those are siege weapons used to destroy fences and gates."

In no way did they look like a squad meant for field battle, but I guessed the enemy was desperate.

"Hrggooooh!!"

Over 2 m tall men wielding enormous weapons came at us.

They’re equipped with gigantic two-handed weapons, wrapped in coarse-looking chains, and wearing a helmet that resembled a can covering their entire head except their eyes.

The pressure exuded by their sheer size and executioner-like appearance overwhelmed our allies.

A boost to their morale was required.

"These midgets were the one who defeated Lord Titan!"

One of them barked.

'Titan'? Wasn't Titan the large man killed by Myla days ago. Those big guys were from division led by that Titan. 

"Captain! It is that woman with shield who killed Lord Titan!" The large men turned their sight to Myla who was standing at our ally's most forefront.

"Lady Myla, stay behind us!"

5 men moved to her front, to shield Myla from the advancing elephantine men. 

These 5 men were knight especially brought from Hyuutia territory, from vassal families under Hyuutia faction.

"It's so or die!" Myla shouted while trying to step forward but the men purposely stopped her.

"No, my lady. You cannot risk your life like this. You are heiress of Hyuutia!"

"You..."

Throughout the early morning raid, the enemies only moral advantage was their far bigger number but we successfully defeated them by surprise attack and individual capabilities.

However, with the appearance of these large men, the enemies regained their winning morale.

Having said that, I was not only transmigrated from another world, but I also possessed cheat abilities that was my translucent dashboard. Unknown to everyone, I could read other beings' characteristics. 

I remembered the dead man, Titan's off-the-chart raw strength, and compared it to these newly appeared large men. They might resemble Titan in term of body size, but their raw strength were lesser than Titan's.

I barked, "Don't be deceived by their large bodies! They were weaker than that large man, killed by Myla!"

I stepped forward, followed by Sekrit, Irijina and Myla, facing off against the executioner look-alikes.

"I challenge you one on one!" Myla carrying her shield and one armed sword, walked approached the large men.

"Little girl, I shall avenge Lord Titan!" A man, second largest from the group approached Myla.

"Hnngooh!"

The irregularly-sized hammer was swung down.

Since two hands were needed to use it, Myla could easily dodge and slash the man’s vulnerable stomach, but Myla blocked with her rectangular shield.

A loud clang rang out like the sound of the bell signaling the daytime, and then Mirai and the others closed their eyes instinctively.

The impact pushed her shield, causing her to retreat a step but she remained steady.

Of course, the executioner’s eyes open wide like he can’t believe what happened.

"Hmmph!"

When she returned the favour and bashed the hammer with her shield, the large man flew backwards.

"Hnggoh!"

Once again, the executioner challenged her.

She met his downward attack with her shield. Sparks flew when our preferred weapons clashed, and then the executioner’s hammer was parried downward. 

When the hammer dug into the ground, Myla stepped on it and jumped upward. 

Her shield was purposely thrown to the ground.

Her leap enabled her head to reach his chest level. 

"Iyaaa!"

Her blade slashed deeply into his neck before she stepped on his chest to jump away from him.

His body was pushed and fell backward. He was no longer alive.

"Even Lord Bobby was killed!"

"Impossible!"

The remaining large men strode towards us.

"Charge!"

Irijina ran, followed by others.

"Gang up against them. At least 3 against one!" I shouted my instruction. We were more numerous than these giant men.

I also forcibly pushed an executioner to the ground. A male knight cut his exposed parts of his body.

Damn it, the fallen giant was still strong.

"Iyaaa!" Malty jumped on his chest and stabbed his neck.

I released and lied in the ground to take my breath.

Mirai meanwhile stopped a large man using her "shadow binding magic". However, he was too strong that he somehow managed to move one step.

"Men. Pushed him down!" She yelled her command.

Several men of our allies grabbed the man by the chains around him with  their hands and lifted him up.

"What...... the......"

He mumbled astoundedly in a low growl.

His weight should be around 150 kg.

"Off you go."

They threw the big man.

He didn’t fly far because he was so heavy, however he fell head-first and snapped his neck.

It would have been simple for Mirai or Sekrit to land on her feet. I guessed being heavy had its merits and demerits.

"Guaah!!"

At the same time, the tall Irijina also managed to get a hit on the other executioner’s head with her spear.

I shouted again,

"If you stay calm and think, those guys are full of openings. They’re nothing to fear."

Now the morale of our allies had recovered.

They were quickly finishing off the executioner’s with spears and crossbows.

With Leonheardt and Myla also in command, our forces were slowly pushing the enemy back.

I took a step backwards so I could look at the bigger picture and determined where to attack next.

"Enemy general, prepare yourself!"

"Watch out!"

Mirai’s warning alerted me to an incoming spear. It was quick, launched at me in straight line.

0