Chapter 538: Dawn Comeback
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The owner of the spear was a knight wearing red armor unlike the small fry around.

"Woah."

That thrust was dangerously close to hitting me.

The spear was also a nice silver color.

"I’m not done yet!"

The knight retracted the spear so a follow up attack could be performed, a feat which took considerable skill.

Although not as heavy as a strike from Irijina, it was comparable in speed.

"This is the finisher!"

I leaped away to avoid but it still scratched my hip not protected by armour.

Malty actually slashed the tip of that spear using her blade to further reduced its power.

The spearman punched her body and moved the spear downward at her but Mirai reached there on time to attack him using her two daggers. 

Her blades grazed his hands, forcing him to jump away.

Mirai chased after him with consecutive attacks using her kodachi. 

His long weapon struggled against her short blades and he had to block her variety of slashes with his long stick. 

Another enemy attacked her from her left side, which she kicked that blade using her foot before cutting his neck.

By then, the spearman had distanced himself from Mirai. 

The spearman calmed himself and prepared his stance, focusing on her.

Mirai seemed invoking her teleportation magic when the spearman charged at her. 

Unlike before, Mirai was now barely coping with his long ranged stick. 

Mirai tried to sneak into his close range but he skillfully used his long stick to restrict her movement. 

His long spear was used to his advantage and Mirai had to roll on the ground to escape his long reach. 

Malty came to her rescue by a sudden attack but he quickly adapted to fighting two opponents. 

Although Mirai no longer had to roll on the ground, Malty and her were struggling. They had several cuts on their bodies from the spear.

"Spear. Good. Finally, my battle!" Irijina interrupted the battle, allowing the struggling female duo to retreat.

The spearman was as tall as Irijina with slightly faster speed. However, her attacks were heavier. 

She faltered when dodging the spun spear, allowing an opening for a full-powered thrust. She moved inward and parried using her left ankle. 

"Yes, your attack is quick, but has no weight behind it."

Unless such an attack was a surprise, it wouldn’t finish her off.

He made many attacks but she returned one heavy precise thrust. After 5 of such exchanges, her thrust finally reached his downward looking head. It pierced his neck.

"Lady Irijina won!"

"Woohoo!" 

Our allies cheered.

Malty, Mirai and I found the place where the fighting would revolve around.

"If we can take that hill by dawn, the bow cavalry can overlook the enemy and shoot as they please. The enemy won’t be able to remain here!"

Looking closer, I saw Myla had taken command of a battle around the hill too.

She must have also figured out the importance of this point.

Reinforcements from the enemy were coming out in droves.

The enemy commander had been properly identified as well.

"Let’s assist Myla and secure that hill."

I wanted to get to her as soon as possible, but I couldn’t relax when the wee hours darkness impaired visibility so much that enemies could be hiding anywhere.

"Hmph!"

I cut down one of them.

"Eei!"

Mirai slashed at the feet of another, then stabbed the fallen soldier to finish him off.

"Mmngh!"

Irijina pierced a suddenly appearing enemy with her spear.

Four men jumped at us. This ambush caught us off-guarded but blood splashed from the one furthest behind as if someone cut him within the darkness.

The head of the man before him was pressed by a palm while a shining blade touched his neck.

Soon, we saw Sekrit appeared between the two bodies and leaped towards another two men who were attacking Malty, Mirai and me. 

Sekrit severed the arms of an enemy soldier with her swords, then severed another man’s legs while she’s at it, and left them to die.

"When did she......" Malty muttered. 

She found her way behind us in this chaos.

Oh well, she’s good with swords so I was sure she would be a good help.

"Myla, I’m here to assist."

"Your majesty!"

Myla smiled happily.

The commanding officers around her also cheered.

"Ooh, His majesty has arrived!"

"Our victory is practically assured!"

I didn’t know if she unconsciously let her guard down when we were praised but Mirai didn’t realize the enemy behind her.

"Take that!"

"Auu!"

The enemy’s sword grazed Mirai’s shoulder.

It was a shallow wound which the enemy intended to add on to.

"Kuh."

Mirai hastily held her sword up in defense.

It ended up being unnecessary as my body automatically took action, jumping in from the side and slicing off the enemy soldier’s dominant arm.

"I’m fine! It’s a minor scratch!"

Mirai plead her case that she’s still in good shape, except I could only focus on the blood staining her clothes.

My vision instantly turned red.

"You hurt my cute Mirai...... unforgivable...... absolutely unforgivable."

"Hiiih......"

I grabbed the legs of the fallen soldier who lost his arm.

This guy seemed to be the lead so a few others were following behind.

They’re all equally guilty.

"Ugaaah!!"

"Gyaaaa!!"

I swung the man’s body at the other incoming soldiers.

He’s being treated like an abnormal warhammer.

"Gueh!"

"Guaa!"

My swings came from above to crush my enemies and then from the side to knock them away.

When I smashed the final enemy, my human warhammer seemed to have gotten lighter.

I looked over and see that the soldier’s body had torn apart, leaving only his legs in my grip.

Murai’s not too badly injured so I guessed I could let them off.

That guy’s head and body flew off somewhere.

If I relied on my anger to fight, I tend to make more careless mistakes.

"Guoh!"

A nearby Monfort-Doucy knight was the next to grunt.

An arrow apparently struck him in the shoulder.

"You alive? You’re a pretty big guy so you’re an easy target. Be careful."

"...... Don't worry, commander."

Let’s get back to fighting.

We helped out Myla’s squad by rampaging wildly.

We defeated a tenacious enemy unit and took out the commander at the head of the army.

When the morale of our soldiers started darkening, we picked a big fight to encourage them, and pushed the enemy back again.

Myla commanding well at the head of her army and then Leonheardt mobilizing the reinforcements at the optimal timing gradually tilted the battle in our favor despite the large gap in number between the enemies and us.

A crack of light appears on the horizon to start brightening the sky and by that time most of the hill was in our hands.

Our dalish bow cavalry was on standby and ready to rain down arrows on the enemy when the sun cleared up the field of vision.

The end was near.

We had cleaned up nearly half of our besiegers.

0