Chapter 2: Wise and Smart Papa
37 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Beep!*

*Beep!*

*Beep!*

*Beep!*

From there on, the little pebble pressed many buttons and heard the funny sound many times until its attention switched to the other glowing button.

If this one makes that kind of sound, then what kind of sound does the other one make when pressed? The little pebble thought.

But just one more time.

Clear Ocean Physique
A rare natural-born physique possesses high comparability with magic and mana. With this physique, even an idiot can become an adept rank mage.
History  Rejected over by 8th Grade Emperor Suppressing Sword (First of Three-Part) 
Reason Overall better choice.
Receive the item
Yes No

It is a boon that can make almost anyone willing to sacrifice their entire village, let alone the city. But the little pebble's little stubby finger mercilessly pressed the wretched button.

'No'

*Beep!*

"Eheh!"

It was interesting the first time, and even for the 8th time, it was still enjoyable.

The little pebble patiently waited for the next one. Seconds passed, minutes passed, and hours passed. 

"WA!"

Until suddenly, with a simple swing to the side. The little pebble couldn't maintain its large head anymore and rolled downhill it sat on. Luckily the hill was not that steep. After rolling and tumbling a few times, the little pebble fell on a green mound made of grass and roots.

Suddenly little pebble felt being enveloped by fluffy, yielding sensation.

Even though its body doesn't require such thing as rest, at that moment the little pebble couldn't resist against such a comforting sensation before falling to sleep.

....

Eventually, the little pebble has woken up in noon from its snooze with a gentle knock. The first thing that entered its vision was the head of the little bird peeking out from the corner of its eyes.

Detecting the shine of light in the rock, the bird calmly fixed its feather and flew away seems it was not the first time it awoke other earth elementals.

Sitting straight on this soft and fluffy thing the little pebble noticed the appearance of a familiar screen.

Blessing of White Lion
The unique blessing granted by the Courak, the old god of courage and loyalty. It bestows one halo that encourages others and lifts their spirit against hardship along with long tough yet supple hair matching to his great majestic mane.
History Rejected over by Blessing of White Lily
Reason Wants to look beautiful and graceful, not stupid and dumb.     
Receive the item
Yes No

Finally remembering its goal after seeing the screen, the little pebble's finger immediately moved towards the 'Yes' button and pressed it.

'Yes.'

*Ding Ding!*

After the push of the button, little pebble heard a more jolly-like sound then followed by a sudden distinct gust of strong wind carrying sparkling fresh leaves of tree and flowers. 

" Big Cat?"

For just a moment, the little pebble saw a faint outline of the large lion inside the wind. But as someone who doesn't know what a lion is little pebble had no choice but to compare the something that only knows. But fail to notice the change on that fresh grass on top of its head as it became more lush and hairlike with a white end.

"Wowee!"

Little pebble became more energetic after witnessing such spectacle. But the surprise didn't end there as another screen appeared again.

Unknown Grade | Mysterious Rope
Unknown thick red and blue robe said its origin tracked far back to an old era before the discovery of magic and sorcery. It possesses purifying property and enhances the effect of the ritual while warding off evil.
History Rejected over by 5th-grade Tears Of Angel holy necklace.
Reason Ugly-looking robe with no visible use.  
Receive the item
Yes No

"Wa!"

A red and blue rope materialized out of thin air giving little pebble small fright. But that was it, little pebble quickly took the rope from the ground and inspected it.

"What is this ?"

The rope was about one meter long and seemed to be quite worn out as one could notice color dimmed after being sunbleached for so long. But rope itself was something outside of its little knowledge.

So little pebble decided to ask from an all-knowing father. After tumbling and falling on its way the little pebble finally arrived in front of father.

But the Old Ava first asked it first.

"Child why do you have a gift from Courak?"

"Oorak?"

"A big cat that people with scars worships in the border that far from here."

Said Old Ava projected image in the little pebble's mind. 

The little pebble saw a vast barren land and a large fortress made of pure white stone separated by a wide roaring river. Then the scenery changed to the castle walls standing in the middle of the fortress. On the wall, pebble saw a more large and clear picture of the lion, that she saw in the wind.

"WOA! Is that Oorak?"

"Yes, now tell me how did you receive his gift?"

"I don't know, I pressed shiny rock and it happened."

And little pebble told her father about everything that happened.

"Interesting."

It was something Old Ava never heard or seen during its long life. There was no shadow of doubt for its child's speech so it trusted its every word.

*Ding!*

Speak of the devil, following the familiar sound the screen appeared in front of pebble again.

Unknown Grade | Five Companions of Learning
Five weights made of unknown materials in the shape of shackles worn on the wrists, legs, and neck. Enhances the effect of training and acts as a weight. But beware, it will only enhance the effect. In the end, it will depend on the wearer, not the equipment.
History Rejected over by 5th Grade Root Expanding Elixir
Reason  Bad appearance and other good choices. 
Receive the item
Yes No

"Papa, Papa! It appeared, see, see!"

Jumping up and down, the little pebble pointed an empty air in front of it, calling its father.

"Then press it."

Old Ava trusted his child.

"Okay."

*Ding Ding!*

Then Old Ava saw five black shackles without any chain appearing on his child's every limb.

"Woo, papa what is this ?"

Seemingly not feeling any weight, the little pebble checked the shackles placed on each of the limbs.

"Hnn, that looks like a bracelet."

It looked like golden shiny things that people wear around their bodies. So it must be that as it is shiny and worn around the wrist and ankle and on the neck.

"?"

"It is something used to decorate things to look pretty."
 
"Oh!"

Always impressed by my father's vast knowledge. The little pebble took a rope and showed her father.

"Then what is this ?"

"That is a belt."

Yep, the Old Ava remembers how human males wear various long string-like things around their waist and call a belt. And his child's one looks bigger but more colorful then, it must be one for females because females like colorful things.

3