Chapter 14: Too x Far
516 8 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Darn it.” Unfortunately for Kichi, he would yet again fall victim to having the worst hand out of all of them. His luck really did run out from the very beginning and now the boy was forced to do the bidding of the winner.

“Haha, yes!” The worst part of this turn of events would be the fact that the winner was his sister. Somehow she had come out on top once again when he was at the bottom. A part of him felt like she could’ve been cheating, but nothing about what she had done seemed to indicate that. With Aoi watching like a hawk, it seemed that either there was no trickery afoot or Kougi was amazing at hiding any potential cheating.

“Aww…” He buried his face into his hands dreading what she was going to make him do. “...Dare…” There was no chance he’d even consider risking her doing a truth on him. He had too many secrets that the twin’s ears must never hear.

“Okay then.” She didn’t even have to hesitate to think over her request. “Then come over here and give your lovely older sister a kiss on the cheek.” Kougi pointed right on the location of her face where she wanted him to lay his lips on.

“Huh?” He was surprised yet again on what she asked for. At this point, he really should expect the unexpected. It was just the fact that it seemed like a simple, albeit embarrassing thing to do.

“Come on, you already asked Airi to do it for you. Don’t think it’s all that crazy.” She responded. The girl was correct. It would be unfair of him to accept it when he was the recipient.

“Okay, I can do that.” Given the simple nature. Kichi was more willing to head in with less hesitation. Sure, it was embarrassing to perform the task in front of the twins. However, it had already been done before in this game. So surely neither of them would judge him harshly for it at all.

Slowly, he leaned in towards his sister. She had her face turned slight off center to give him an angle to her cheek. Even though he was her brother, Kichi couldn’t deny she was a real pretty girl.

Most girls wish they had a face like hers. It was soft, fair, and free of blemishes. There was a sense of maturity to her, like she was already a college student despite being years away from it. It was why most people thought she was mature, their parents included. He knew the truth though. Most people who were close to her knew what her true nature was. After today, that would also include the twins.

Her violet eyes matched her hair strung up in a ponytail. He looked right at them as she returned his gaze. Even though this was a simple task, he felt himself shying away for a moment before regaining his nerve. The boy used to be able to do this when they were younger with no issues. However as they grew older and he noticed the differences between them. It became nearly impossible to do so unprompted as he did in years past.

Finally, after a long slow journey towards her face. He sped up during the last couple inches to get things over with. However as she had been eyeing him the whole time. She made her move at the same moment. Suddenly, Kougi turned her face towards him and their lips pressed together. For a split second, which felt like an eternity, Kichi had kissed his own sister on the lips.

They were soft and smooth, as expected based on their appearance. There even was a bit of warmth to her taste as he felt the subtle bump of her tongue leaking out of her mouth.

“Ahh!” For what felt like too long, he backed away from the grace of his sister’s lips.

“Oops…” She spoke in coy fashion. “I didn’t realize you were looking for more.” Kougi laughed as she had gotten what she wanted yet again. The girl had found another way to fool him into making a fool of himself in front of the other girls as she nearly fell over in laughter.

“Hmph, whatever.” He got up from his seat quickly and began walking towards his bed. His tone changed the atmosphere of the room in an instant. It was a feeling everyone inside could feel.

“Come on Kichi, it’s just a joke.” Said Kougi. “It’s not like either of them care.” He ignored her statements and didn’t respond. “Oh come on, what’s wrong?”

“The twins can take my bed.” He finally spoke, but it had nothing to do with the conversation she tried to have with him. “I can live with sleeping on the ground for tonight.”

“Hehe, that means the two of us are going to share the ground then.” Kougi hoped that him speaking meant he wasn’t that upset, but his next response ended that line of thinking.

“You can just sleep in your own room.” He replied. “It’s not like there’s anything to worry about with me being alone with the twins.”

“Hey come on, you’re not that upset with me.” She continued to try and make headway to him. Then a hand grabbed over the back of her shoulder, which prompted her to turn and see an Aoi staring at her. She didn’t say anything, but the look on her face seemed to be sending the message that she had gone too far.

“Airi.” Finally, Aoi spoke up, but she didn’t have words for the older sister. “Let’s go use the bathroom to get ready for bed.”

“Okay.” Her twin responded, seemingly unaware of the tension brewing in the room. The pair left, which led to the brother and sister duo to be all alone for the next few minutes.

“Kichi.” Kougi reached out and grabbed his arm, which prompted the boy to quickly rip it away from her. “It’s not that bad. We were just having fun.” She tried to explain herself, but he had none of it.

“You knew exactly what you were doing today.” He snapped back at her. “All day I’ve been trying to tolerate it so the twins can have a friend, but you’re just insufferable.” The boy let her have it. The entire day he had been trying to hold back his anger, but at this point it was like a dam breaking from the emotions he had been welling up.

“But they weren’t too mad about it.” She continued to try and defend herself. “I mean, look at Airi. She had a blast.”

“You made Aoi uncomfortable.” He shot back. “And even if she was somehow fine with the stunts you pulled. I was uncomfortable with everything. Today was awful, just awful.” To him, everything she did was an embarrassment for him. For once he was ashamed they could even call themselves siblings. “You’re going to ruin my high school life. I mean, I’ll be lucky if any girl would look at me like a boy with you sticking around.”

“Hey, I mean I keep telling you-”

“That I shouldn’t rush into things.” He finished her sentence. It was a statement he had heard a million times from her and by now he had gotten sick of it. “I don’t care. I want to enjoy my youth. I want to be able to say I had a girlfriend. I don’t care what you have to say about it. I just want you to get out of my life.” His last words send chills down her spine. Kichi spoke in a manner that was threatening and brutally honest. His eyes were full of hate for his sister right now.

“I’m… S-sorry.” She hung her head down in sorrow. “I’ll just leave you alone then.” Kougi turned around. Mainly to head towards the door to leave, but also to hide away the tears forming in her eyes. When she opened it up, there were the twins who were returning from the bathroom. Aoi was hoping things would’ve been hashed out while they left them alone. However it was clear seeing that girl’s tearful face that it was from the case.

“Are you going to sleep in your room?” Asked Airi as they crossed paths. “Are you all right? It looks like you’re crying.”

“I-I’m fine.” Kougi wiped away the tears as inconspicuously as she could. “I’m just really tired.” She stretched out her body to indicate exhaustion. From Aoi’s point-of-view, she seemed to be a good actor in hiding her true feelings. “Anyway, take care of my brother now.” The girl gave Airi a pat on the head, then walked away towards her own room.

“It looks like you’re already ready for bed now.” Airi said as the twins reentered his bedroom. “Are you sure sleeping on the ground is okay?”

“I’ll be fine.” He answered, sitting down onto the carpet. The other two girls got into his bed as he went to turn off the lights. “Good night…” He gave them unenthusiastic words as he laid himself down and closed his eyes.

22