Chapter 44: Keep x Secret
295 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Kichi said he was unsure on how to progress after his decision to date both twins, he wasn’t kidding. The boy was truly clueless when it came to the idea of dating two people. He hardly had a clue about dating one person as it were. Normally this would be a problem where he sought out his older sister’s wisdom. Sure she was only a year older and had about the same experience as him. But she was also the only person he could trust about these issues.

Unfortunately he knew she wouldn’t be in the mood to help him out. Ever since he made his choice to date both at the same time in front of her face. The girl had turned rather distant from him. They no longer walked to and from school since that day. Not to mention that at home they barely were in the same room either. Due to their parents working all the time, they hadn’t noticed anything off with their children just yet.

So there was no one else he could go to about this situation. As there was another important factor he wished he keep mostly private from the outside world. This being the simple fact he was even dating two people at the same time. Sure, he wasn’t cheating on anyone since both girls knew about it. Just it he knew it would cause a lot of the school to ostracize him, along with Airi and Aoi for doing such a thing. The boys would likely get jealous that someone like him was able to nab a pair of cute twins. The girls would likely view him as a vile creep who was taking advantage of cute twins.

This left him trapped in a lose-lose situation where everything seemed destined for him to eventually break things off with them in disappointment.

“So are you going to do anything?” After school one day, Aoi came up to him after everything but them and Airi were still in the classroom. “You said you were going to date us both, but ever since then it’s like nothing’s changed.” If anything, things changed for the worse for all those involved. He had somehow found a way to spend less time with both twins than before they were supposedly romantically connected.

“Sorry about that.” He responded. “I haven’t really given you two much at all. It kind of sucks being a bad boyfriend.”

“At least on the bright side you’ve kept your promise.” Said Airi, trying to cheer him up. “You treated us both equally and ignored us at the same time.” Saying it out loud made her realize how terrible it really was.

“I just don’t know what to do.” Kichi thought about the things couples were known to do. Except they weren’t a couple. It would be more accurate to describe this relationship as a trio. Either way, he had an idea of the expectations weighted on him and the girls. The only issues was finding a way to do so in a natural manner.

“You know, taking us out would be a start.” Said Aoi. She knew she had nothing else planned for the day because… Well that’s just how all her days went. And she was also aware that Airi didn’t have any important plans either. “As long as you don’t have anything else more important to do.” The girl doubted it as the growing rift between him and his own sister had grown noticeable.

“You know what? You’re right.” He gently slammed on his desk to show his agreement. Even if this was mainly just so he wouldn’t have to deal with the awkwardness of being at home alone with his sister. When Kichi thought about it, he had been leaning a bit more on the twins whenever he had problems. That was unfair, as they both liked him and he felt like he was using them if it were for those reasons. So after walking out of school with the pair, he resolved to make sure today would be all about them.

“So where are we going?” Before their date could even begin, it was derailed from the fact that nothing had been planned out yet. How could you date someone without a proper location to do it at?

“That’s a good question.” He said, looking around. Even if he were to know what were considered good places to date a girl. That wouldn’t solve the issue that he was with both of them right now. As of right now, and for the foreseeable future, they were going to keep this trio a secret from the outside world. So it wasn’t like he could go have a romantic dinner with both of them in public. “What’s something we can do out here. That keeps us away from most people?”

“Ooh, what about karaoke?” Airi suggested. It was a smart idea, as they would get a room all to themselves. Sure they were technically being filmed while in there, but the guards likely wouldn’t be paying heavy attention to anything they were doing and they wouldn’t be heard anyway. “Do you like singing?”

“It’s fun doing it with other people.” He recalled doing it many times with Chuuya when they’d get invited by their other classmates. It was usually those times when he’d try to hit on a girl and fail. Mostly because he would choose against it when the coin recommended he not try.

“You know I don’t like karaoke.” Aoi was not on board with the idea. “I know you two won’t make fun of me, but it’s embarrassing to sing out loud when you know you stink.” As he had yet to hear her sing, Kichi wasn’t sure if she was entirely correct in her assessment. Though she could also be right and he still wouldn’t care. “I’d much rather we go to the arcade.”

While it was a public spot where tons of people could see them. It also was a less romantic spot to take a couple of girls out on a date. Especially one that would be a first for the three of them. However because of that, they could be much more subtle and avoid anyone’s suspicions.

“How about Kichi decides on it?” Airi suggested. “He is the one asking us out, so he can be the one to choose.” That way if it failed, then they could just blame him for the poor outing.

“Come on you can’t be serious.” Aoi retorted. “We both know what’s going to happen.” As they saw him pull out his coin, she was only proven more right. “See?”

“What’s wrong with using this now?” He asked. “Isn’t it a good way to keep things fair and even between you two?” Since they were the ones who came up with ideas. He knew that if he went with one of them, that meant favoring one twin over the other. Even if it was something minor like where they should go on a date, he didn’t want small things to grow into big things for the future.

“Using a coin to dictate our love lives is kind of stupid, don’t you think?” She responded. He would disagree with that assessment. Seeing as he was between a pair of identical twins, this coin gave him all the edge he needed to help him out. Speaking of edge, he still had that imaged melted into his brain. The idea of the coin actually landing on its edge was beyond a rarity. Though according to statisticians, it was only a matter of time before he would flip an edge landing. Especially with how often he used it daily.

“She’s just scared it’s not going to land for the arcade.” Said Airi. “I want to see where it takes us.” While she was the one who disregarded the coin’s wisdom before. She also was grateful it landed the way it did to give both her and her sister a chance at love. It wasn’t a firm stance, but she did believe it would be more helpful than harmful.

“Okay then, heads for karaoke. Tails for the arcade.” Kichi flipped it into the air, then caught it as the coin fell back down to earth. “Tails… Looks like we’re going to the arcade.” He said.

“Aw, I was really hoping for karaoke today.” She turned her head down in disappointment, then quickly got into a better mood. “Oh well, I love the arcades too.”

“If you liked the idea, then how come we couldn’t just pick it without this coin stuff?” Asked Aoi.

“It’s fine anyway, right?” He replied. “We’re getting what you wanted, I don’t know why you seem so mad about it.”

“I’m not mad. I’m just asking.” Her tone did little to convince him otherwise. It was as if she wanted a reason to be upset when there was none. “This is all still kind of weird.”

“Anyway…” Airi gave her twin sister a hug to cheer her up. “Let’s go the arcade!” Despite being the loser in this conversation. She seemed like she was the one to come out on top.

16