Chapter 51: Spy x Date
178 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fortunately for Kichi and the twins, Kougi did not gain a major lead over them despite the head start. So they were able to find a hiding spot in a convenient location as she waited at the station.

“Hmpf, of course he’s making her late.” Despite literally only just getting there and not even waiting a minute. Kichi already was searching for faults to complain about. “Can you believe the nerve?”

“Kind of rich coming from the guy who invited his girlfriends to come by and spy on his sister.” Aoi commented as they kept their faces hidden from the crowd. “Look, we’re not here to grade them. You just wanted to make sure she’s safe, right?”

“Right.” He grabbed hold of himself mentally to stay calm. They were here for one main goal and he intended on ensuring they kept to only that. It would be bad to overreact and blow their cover.

“Hey Kichi.” Said Airi as they awaited Nao to make his arrival. “Are you a siscon or something?”

“Wh-wh-what makes you say that?” If his goal was to avoid overreacting, then the boy had already failed at that task as he responded to her question. “Can’t a guy just care about a family member?”

“Geez, you really are dense!” Aoi scolded her sister by giving the girl a good bop on the head. “Stop bleeding your manga habits out on real life people.” She still held that grudge about being called a tsundere. It didn’t matter if it was true. The fact she said that out loud in front of him was bad enough.

“Ouch, sorry.” As the girl tended to the growing bump on her head. They finally saw the boy they were waiting for. Despite Kichi’s complaints, it was not a wait at all for his sister.

“Okay, let’s see what they plan on doing.” He said in a hushed tone as they watched. With their distance, there was no need to be quiet among themselves. However he felt more comfortable there would be no chance they would be found out by the spy targets.

The pair appeared happy with each other as they shared an embrace. Even though he knew he should be happy for his sister’s sake. Kichi found himself liking this couple less and less. It was strange to him as there was no reason to take issue with them. While he knew little of Nao, there still was nothing to point to that could be an issue with that boy.

So why was he so unhappy?

“Looks like they’re moving now.” Said Airi. “Bunny, let’s tag along.” She commanded Aoi, but all it earned her was an odd look from her sister.

“Bunny?” She was dumbfounded by the term referring to her.

“I figured it’d be better to have code names.” She explained. “It’s better than calling each other by actual name, right?”

“Wrong.” He answered. “Now stop messing around. They’re going to get away.” Kichi led the way as they sneaked along the trees and the bushes to follow behind Kougi. It seemed her date had brought them to a big park. A nice and simple location for a romantic outing. This also happened to be a good place for the three to spy on them without being seen thanks to all the objects to hide behind.

“You know, it wouldn’t kill you to take us somewhere like this.” Aoi returned to complaining about his lack of care with the twins as girlfriends. Not including this current time where they were now in the park. He rarely had taken them to a simple spot like this where they could hang out. Mostly due to that dumb coin leading them away from here anytime she suggested the plan.

“I don’t know why you’d insist on wanting to go somewhere so public.” He retorted. “Do you want us to get caught with the relationship we have?”

“Not every date has to be all love dovey…” She pouted while making her response. “I wouldn’t mind just having a picnic while me and Airi game on our Mintendo Flips.”

“Ooh, that does sound like a ton of fun.” Airi chimed in. “Can we do that next time?”

“Okay, we’ll worry about that later.” He put a stop to their future planning to focus on the task at hand. There were more important matters to him such as wondering how his sister’s date was going here.

“I guess they’re not going to do anything super special.” Airi noted the couple heading over to a relatively secluded area to sit down on the grass. They weren’t hidden away from the many others who were at the park on a beautiful day such as today. Though most here that weren’t the trio spying on them wouldn’t want to go out of their way to see them either.

“It doesn’t seem like the kind of thing Kougi would want on a first date.” He commented. Kichi knew from experience she probably wanted something spicier to keep her interest. “The guy’s kind of a disappointment so far.”

“Maybe they’re going to make out.” Said Aoi. That seemed much more fitting of his sister and was also not a sight he wanted to watch for himself. What sane man would want to spy on his own sister having a real good time with some other boy? Disregarding the conflicted feelings he had with her, that just seemed like a bad way to spend an afternoon.

“We’ll stop him if that boy tries anything funny.” Said Airi, still fully on Kichi’s side on this matter. Her sister felt differently for this though despite agreeing to help out. There was something funny going on with him she couldn’t help but notice. It was made worse by the odd behavior she saw from Kougi during the events that eventually led up to the trio forming their bond.

Maybe Airi wasn’t wrong when she made her boneheaded assumption. Perhaps there was something weird going on between those two siblings she could barely even hope to fathom.

“Unless she’s fine with it.” Said Aoi. “That’s cool with you, right Kichi?”

“Um…” He hesitated, which gave her enough to know what she might be dealing with. “Yeah, that would be fine if she wanted it to happen.”

“Be honest with me.” She said, putting all the attention on him now. “What’s really up between you and your sister?”

“What’s up with us?” He was put on the back foot now that she had brought the subject to attention. Not that Kichi had done a good job of hiding his issues to the girl. Just a good job of convincing himself that the true reason for his concerns weren’t just because he was a caring and loving younger brother. “There’s nothing going on with me and Kougi right now.”

“You don’t need to keep hiding it.” Aoi wouldn’t let up the pressure. “I know there’s something up between the two of you. It’s not just you, there’s something about her that I can’t shake the feeling on.”

“All right fine!” He gave in rather easily to her interrogation. “Look I’m totally jealous, okay? I don’t like seeing her with another boy.”

“What?” Airi gasped dramatically to the reveal. She had been entirely clueless to the entire deal even though it should’ve been picked up in her mind by now. “But why would you be like that? Don’t you want her to be happy?”

“You dope, it’s because he likes her more than just a sister.” Aoi scolded her once more. Under normal circumstances, Kichi would hate to discuss his immoral feelings for Kougi out in public. However they thankfully hide themselves well behind some bushes and trees where no one could see them nor hear their conversation.

“Yes and you caught me.” He replied, saddened by his secret coming out. “I guess that means you two hate me for being so degenerate.” This should spell the end of his short, but enjoyable relationship with the twins.

“I think I’m more jealous than hateful.” Aoi responded. “Look, I’m sure it’s complicated.”

“You’re only saying that to make me feel better.” He got up from their hiding spot to walk away. “I’m sorry, but I just can’t stick around to watch any more of this.”

“Kichi, wa-” She was cut off by her sister, who had something important to point out.

“Hey look!” Airi grabbed her arm and pointed over to the couple they were spying on. “It looks like they’re about to make out.” Nao was leaned on over Kougi as their lips neared each other for their first kiss.

12