Chapter 58: Bus x Ride
158 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After days of impatiently waiting, the time for their trip that got everyone excited had finally arrived. They already had their things packed, as well as gotten their important details such as money and plans all squared away. The only thing left to do was to actually go to the beach.

This little vacation of theirs was to take over the course of two days. So that also meant a stay overnight at a hotel was also in order. Fortunately, Kougi had hooked them all up with great deals for one. Which was great, but first they needed to reach their destination first.

That meant taking a bus that would really only take an hour at most from where they lived. Their beach destination was fairly popular, but more than worth handling the hassle of dealing with the ride and all the people around to enjoy the waves and sun’s rays.

“Hope Chuuya makes it in time.” Said Kichi as he and the girls had already made it to the station. The four of them had backpacks and one luggage bag which held all the necessities of going to the beach and spending a night away from home.

“It wouldn’t be that bad if he didn’t make it, right?” Asked Kougi, who was more hopefully they’d have one less guest along for the ride. He shot her a look and shook his head in slight disappointment. Even if they were all more willing to keep things a secret, and then therefore would’ve liked to have someone not in the know away so they didn’t have to be paranoid. Kichi also knew he would love to have his best friend along for the trip. Not to be mean to the girls, but it would be nice to have a guy that would understand his side of things.

“Whatever, we still shouldn’t be just waiting around for him to show up.” Said Aoi. “We should talk about the seating arrangement and he can just go find a spot for himself when he shows up.” She had apprehension about being on a bus filled with strangers. One could never feel at ease thinking that there could be a creep or individual with bad intentions around.

“It’s not like we’re elementary students.” Kichi assured her things would be fine. They weren’t on some kind of school field trip with rules and stuff of that nature. For the most part, they were free to do whatever they wanted as they were old enough to take care of themselves. “As long as we’re still somewhat close to each other, it should be fine.” He said as they boarded the bus.

“Exactly.” Airi fully agreed with the sentiment. Which was why she instantly took his arm and pulled the boy away towards the back of the bus. “And I want to sit with Kichi.”

“Hey, do you really think you can just take him all for yourself?” Asked Kougi.

“Yes.” That was all she got for a response as her and Aoi watched those two head further into the sea of people also getting on board of this bus.

“Sheesh, that is one hyperactive girl.” She muttered to herself. Then Kougi felt something pulling onto her sleeve. “Hmm? What’s wrong, Aoi?” When she turned to check on the other twin, it appeared to her that girl had turned into a nervous mess.

“I hate to sound like a bother.” Her eyes darted back and forth as there were people waiting behind them to get further into the bus. “And I don’t want you, but could we make sure we got seats next to each other?” All these people crowded so close to her did little to calm her nerves as Kougi watched her break a sweat without exerting any physical effort.

“Yeah sure.” She led them to a decent spot, which unfortunately wasn’t very close to where Kichi and Airi would end up.

Speaking of those two, they were able to get a pair of spots where they could sit next to each and not have to pay much mind to the others riding on the bus. Once they had gotten situated, this was when Chuuya finally made it on board the bus.

“Sorry I’m late.” He was able to move quickly on the aisle as most people had sat down by now. “Forgot to set my alarm and nearly overslept. That was a close one.”

“Thank goodness you made.” Said Kichi. “Well, since you were late we kind of already got some seats for ourselves.” Despite wanting that boy to make it. He was kind of glad his friend was late when they were searching for seats. The most likely outcome for that would be Chuuya asking to sit with Kichi during the trip. Of course he would have to accept or else that boy might get suspicious.

“No problem.” Chuuya quickly scanned along the bus to look for empty seats he could sit at. There was one which appeared quite promising. Especially since there was such a cute girl sitting all by her lonesome staring out the window. “Heh, wish me luck.” He waved them goodbye and headed over to that spot.

“Looks like things worked out for everyone.” Said Kichi once they were alone. He looked and found where Kougi and Aoi were sitting. On this crowded bus, it was good they didn’t have to settle for places that were dirty or by people with little respect for their surroundings. “You know, I’m surprised how bold you were.” He said to her more quietly. Thankfully, because of how loud it was on this bus. They didn’t have to worry about whispering or anyone eavesdropping on their conversation.

“Hmpf.” Despite being so cheerful and excited leading up to now. Airi was somehow seemingly much more upset by sitting alone with him. “That makes for two of us, doesn’t it?”

“Huh?” He didn’t get it. Kichi knew he hadn’t done anything wrong since… Well he hadn’t done much at all today with her. So why was this girl so upset with him? Did he somehow mix up the twins and was actually speaking with Aoi here? “Did I do something wrong?”

“I can’t believe how fast you move with them.” She finally told him what had been bugging her. “You really already kissed Kougi? And I don’t mean during the time of our game of truth or date poker.”

“What?” He couldn’t believe she knew about that. “Kougi told you about that?”

“She did more than just tell me.” The more accurate way to describe her receiving this information was that the older girl told her about it. Then went on to make fun of her and mock how Airi was somehow the only one who had yet to kiss the boy. “That’s totally unfair.”

“I don’t mean to leave you out.” He defended himself as their bus ride departed from the station and began the journey to the beach. “Really, it’s nothing against you at all.”

“Then how come you haven’t kissed me yet?” She asked. “I don’t think I’m different than Aoi in that department, so it can’t be worse than hers at least.” Airi also didn’t know how good of a kisser her sister was. So she hoped Aoi wasn’t bad so she wouldn’t have to suffer from the same curse.

“I already told you, it’s not something I do all willy nilly.” Though he could see from her point of view that it appeared he gave them out like they were nothing. “I like you a lot too, so I want our first time to be special.”

“Okay.” She responded to that much better than he expected. It was like she just took an 180 in her attitude to his words of assurance. Then Airi spoke up again. “Well?”

“Well what?” She was incredibly odd. He couldn’t get much of a bearing on what ran through this girl’s mind.

“I was hoping that you were going to… You know.” Airi pointed to her lips, indicating she expected him to give her a kiss. “Isn’t that how it works? You talk to us about our troubles, then flirt a little? That’s what Aoi told me when I asked about her kiss.”

“Man, you know everything about stuff you’re not around for.” Just hearing her talk made Kichi make a mental note that he better be careful about the things he does with the other two. There was no telling what else they’d tell this girl about his time with them. “Like I said, I’m just waiting for a good moment.” On a bus was not a place where he would think about kissing a girl. This being regardless of the fact they were surrounded by a bunch of strangers.

“It’s really hard to wait for that.” She pouted, knowing that she had no idea on how long of a wait that would entail. “But, I don’t want to have nothing while I’m with you.”

“That’s fine…” He slowly inched his hand along their bus seats towards hers. Eventually, Kichi could feel her soft hand slightly touching his. This was a silent sign of his to give her a little bit of affection for now.

Airi’s eyes looked down at their hands when she felt his warm touch. Even though he had already touched her in a much more intimate spot. This time felt much more tender to her heart. She would reply by turning her palm up as they held onto the other’s hand for the duration of this bus trip.

9