Chapter 07 – Early Leave (~)
5.9k 9 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rimu had mixed feeling about the girl named Nakamura Nia.

She didn't have any good impressions for her so called friends. One by one they cut contact and pretended they were strangers. And this Nia was no exception, they were only friends up to 1st grade of senior high and after that their relationship soured.

Nia chose to hang out with her new circle of friends and slowly reduced her time with Rimu. Eventually she stopped approaching her completely. Though, she still claimed to be a friend, it was only in name.

'Even her and Kouta… in the future they will avoid me like I am a tumor...'

Rimu didn’t know what she did wrong, and there was no way to ask anymore.

"So, my (あたし) cousin's pet cat has given birth to 3 cute kittens yesterday. They are so cute~"

"Heeh~, I wanna see~"

"Sure Rimu-chan, you can come to my house later. Onee-chan will also be happy to see you visit."

Nia, who didn't know what Rimu was thinking at the moment still spoke happily. Rimu looked at her with a bright smile while she suppressed the bad thoughts inside her mind.

'Hmph, just wait until I get rich. I will make you be unable to live without me. Guhehehehe.'

Kouta grouped up with a few boys and talked about soccer lost interest when they changed the topic to catching insects. He overheard their conversation and joined in.

Kouta: "Could I (俺) go as well? I also want to see them too."

Rimu: "Kouta, this is a girl talk, you know? Boys shouldn't butt in."

Kouta: "No biggy, right? How about this, we invite Riku too."

Nia: "Riku-kun?! Hmmm... Okay, deal established!"

Rimu: "..."

It's not a secret that Nia had a crush on Riku. Everyone in the school probably knew of this. Only Riku himself was unaware. Rimu had wanted to enlighten him but Nia prevented her from doing so. And so, she didn't say anything, of course the current Rimu had no intention to say it either.

Nia ended up as the baseball club captain's girlfriend when they were in senior high.

First love often ends unfulfilled!

Shortly after, the English teacher came and started the class. He was an old male teacher at the age of 55, about the same age as Rimu's grandfather. His teaching method was relying only on the textbook and he rarely looked at the students.

Rimu who had a bachelor’s degree in English literature yawned at the lesson.

'This is so boring, please hurry up and end the class...'

The next lesson was Math, then History. Rimu had experienced them once before. Even if she didn’t remember the content, once she reviewed her textbook everything would become very easy, like eating a piece of cake.

Rimu sat patiently and waited for time to pass.

She looked at the clock and her eyes glistened.

’This is it, 12:00! Mission Start!'

Rimu raised her hand and began speaking to the history teacher.

"Sensei, I don't feel well... Could I ask your permission to go home early?"

"Huh, oh... sure. You should take care of your body, Nekomiya-san."

Rimu exaggerated her act as if she had found out the burger she ate was using meat made from feces1 https://inhabitat.com/poop-burger-japanese-researcher-creates-artificial-meat-from-human-feces/. The history teacher, Sakamura-sensei was a timid woman in nature. She was often influenced by the flow of the room and the type who couldn't say no. Rimu exploited her nature to leave school early.

Rimu grinned secretly.

'Heh, JUST AS PLANNED!!'

However, something unexpected happened.

"Sensei! I will escort Rimu-chan home. It's dangerous to leave a sick girl to go home alone."

"Umm, you have a point, Kousaka-kun. Please escort Nekomiya-san safely home."

Kouta, exploiting Sakamura-sensei, also asked her for an early leave!

Rimu: '...That damn jerk!'

Kouta: 'Heh, JUST AS PLANNED!!'

 

137